Question about new skill upgrades for SAB

I am not talking about all other skill upgrades that could be bought from npcs in SAB or picked up in SAB. I am talking about skill upgrades that have beed added to the game today. Two new skill upgrades, that you can get by doing two new achievements (quests).

> @"Dumat.1479" said:

> > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > You unlock the bomb per character, the upgrade comes automatically.

>

> No, it does not. I still have 1 character with old bomb and 1 character with new bomb.

>

Interesting. Have u tried doing the first part of the achievement again or seeing if the chest after the cannon can be opened?

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> You unlock the bomb per character, the upgrade comes automatically.

>

> I'm more concerned about the upgrade itself.

> The new bombs cost 5 baubles per throw, but do the same amount of damage. So you technically just do 20% damage per bubble now

This baffled me too

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Dumat.1479" said:

> > > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > You unlock the bomb per character, the upgrade comes automatically.

> >

> > No, it does not. I still have 1 character with old bomb and 1 character with new bomb.

> >

>

> Interesting. Have u tried doing the first part of the achievement again or seeing if the chest after the cannon can be opened?

Yes, I tried both.

> > You unlock the bomb per character, the upgrade comes automatically.

> >

> > I'm more concerned about the upgrade itself.

> > The new bombs cost 5 baubles per throw, but do the same amount of damage. So you technically just do 20% damage per bubble now

>

> This baffled me too

I will try to open the bomb on a new character, who doesn't have bomb yet, and see what happens. But characters, who had bombs before, didn't get new bomb. Only the character that finished the achievement got new bomb.

> > > You unlock the bomb per character, the upgrade comes automatically.

> > >

> > > I'm more concerned about the upgrade itself.

> > > The new bombs cost 5 baubles per throw, but do the same amount of damage. So you technically just do 20% damage per bubble now

> >

> > This baffled me too

> I will try to open the bomb on a new character, who doesn't have bomb yet, and see what happens. But characters, who had bombs before, didn't get new bomb. Only the character that finished the achievement got new bomb.

Ok I did it on new character. The bomb I got is just a simple bomb. Same with the whip. This looks like a one character upgrade only :/

• ArenaNet Staff

Hello! Just wanted to pop in and let you know that after completing the collection, you can take any new character with the tier 1 tool to the place where you got your tier 2 tool upgrade. For example:

- Complete the super bomb collection with Character 1.

- Unlock mini bombs on Character 2.

- Travel to the location of the final step of the super bomb collection with Character 2.

- Trade in your mini bomb for super bombs on Character 2.

I hope that helps!

> @"Brett Nellermoe.7098" said:

> Hello! Just wanted to pop in and let you know that after completing the collection, you can take any new character with the tier 1 tool to the place where you got your tier 2 tool upgrade. For example:

> - Complete the super bomb collection with Character 1.

> - Log in with Character 2.

> - Unlock mini bombs on Character 2.

> - Travel to the location of the final step of the super bomb collection with Character 2.

> - Trade in your mini bomb for super bombs on Character 2.

>

> I hope that helps!

In short: repeat step 5 of the quest.

On another note, any i formation about why the big bomb and small bomb appear to identical damage?

> Hello! Just wanted to pop in and let you know that after completing the collection, you can take any new character with the tier 1 tool to the place where you got your tier 2 tool upgrade. For example:

> - Travel to the location of the final step of the super bomb collection with Character 2.

>

> I hope that helps!

Just to be clear with the in game terminology

- mini bombs = shop bought

- Super bomb = mega bomb upgrade in sab world 1

Is that correct?

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > @"SakuraJD.4720" said:

> > the Whip gets upgraded to a Boomerang, which is cool and has a huge range to grab stuff, but now the boomerang doesnt break stuff like the whip could.

>

> Isn’t breaking not just best done with your [1] skill?

you would think that, but the Whip could break Pots when your Nunchaku cant. now i have to pick each one up to break it again.

>

> I hope that helps!

Sorry, but it doesn't help https://imgur.com/WgyzRFm

> @"SakuraJD.4720" said:

> > > @"SakuraJD.4720" said:

> > > the Whip gets upgraded to a Boomerang, which is cool and has a huge range to grab stuff, but now the boomerang doesnt break stuff like the whip could.

> >

> > Isn’t breaking not just best done with your [1] skill?

>

> you would think that, but the Whip could break Pots when your Nunchaku cant. now i have to pick each one up to break it again.

What do you mean *can't*?

I'm always using the nunchakus normally to break stuff

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > > @"SakuraJD.4720" said:

> > > > the Whip gets upgraded to a Boomerang, which is cool and has a huge range to grab stuff, but now the boomerang doesnt break stuff like the whip could.

> > >

> > > Isn’t breaking not just best done with your [1] skill?

> >

> > you would think that, but the Whip could break Pots when your Nunchaku cant. now i have to pick each one up to break it again.

>

> What do you mean *can't*?

> I'm always using the nunchakus normally to break stuff

it breaks some objects, but basically the stuff it cant break, the whip could. and now that the whip is gone, it requires grabbing the pot.

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > > the Whip gets upgraded to a Boomerang, which is cool and has a huge range to grab stuff, but now the boomerang doesnt break stuff like the whip could.

> > >

> > > Isn’t breaking not just best done with your [1] skill?

> >

> > you would think that, but the Whip could break Pots when your Nunchaku cant. now i have to pick each one up to break it again.

>

> What do you mean *can't*?

> I'm always using the nunchakus normally to break stuff

I had similar issues, apparently it depends on positioning, sometimes nunchakus can't hit pots in shops. On the other hand, whip was always able to break them.

Brett (and colleagues): did you give any thought to which position the new skill occupies on the skill bar? My muscle memory knows that '2' is a bomb, but now '2' is the mega and '3' is the ordinary, so I've been using more baubles than I need to.

My first response was to just get used to the change, except... it's a problem that everyone will encounter.

In other words: why not leave `2` as the ordinary bomb and make `3` the mega?

> @"SakuraJD.4720" said:

> > > @"SakuraJD.4720" said:

> > > > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > > > @"SakuraJD.4720" said:

> > > > > the Whip gets upgraded to a Boomerang, which is cool and has a huge range to grab stuff, but now the boomerang doesnt break stuff like the whip could.

> > > >

> > > > Isn’t breaking not just best done with your [1] skill?

> > >

> > > you would think that, but the Whip could break Pots when your Nunchaku cant. now i have to pick each one up to break it again.

> >

> > What do you mean *can't*?

> > I'm always using the nunchakus normally to break stuff

>

> it breaks some objects, but basically the stuff it cant break, the whip could. and now that the whip is gone, it requires grabbing the pot.

When I upgraded the whip to the boomerang I interacted with the radio thing again out of curiosity. I found I was able to actually exchange the boomerang to get the whip back, then interacted with it again to get the boomerang back. It seems you can trade them back and forth as many times as you want (at no cost).

So if you prefer the whip over the boomerang, just go back to where you traded it in and exchange the boomerang to get the whip back. (end of world 2 zone 1 right after the final checkpoint, to the right of it)

Edit: For me I usually have trouble with the candles on the walls inside shops that are breakable. Sometimes no matter how many times I swing the chain sticks, even when moving all around, 1 or more candles won't break at all. It's always been this way for me. I think I even had trouble with the pointy stick before getting the chain stick upgrade. And sometimes I have trouble breaking furniture as well.

> @"Charrbeque.8729" said:

> > > > > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > > > > @"SakuraJD.4720" said:

> > > > > > the Whip gets upgraded to a Boomerang, which is cool and has a huge range to grab stuff, but now the boomerang doesnt break stuff like the whip could.

> > > > >

> > > > > Isn’t breaking not just best done with your [1] skill?

> > > >

> > > > you would think that, but the Whip could break Pots when your Nunchaku cant. now i have to pick each one up to break it again.

> > >

> > > What do you mean *can't*?

> > > I'm always using the nunchakus normally to break stuff

> >

> > it breaks some objects, but basically the stuff it cant break, the whip could. and now that the whip is gone, it requires grabbing the pot.

>

>

> When I upgraded the whip to the boomerang I interacted with the radio thing again out of curiosity. I found I was able to actually exchange the boomerang to get the whip back, then interacted with it again to get the boomerang back. It seems you can trade them back and forth as many times as you want (at no cost).

>

> So if you prefer the whip over the boomerang, just go back to where you traded it in and exchange the boomerang to get the whip back. (end of world 2 zone 1 right after the final checkpoint, to the right of it)

>

> Edit: For me I usually have trouble with the candles on the walls inside shops that are breakable. Sometimes no matter how many times I swing the chain sticks, even when moving all around, 1 or more candles won't break at all. It's always been this way for me. I think I even had trouble with the pointy stick before getting the chain stick upgrade. And sometimes I have trouble breaking furniture as well.

hm, the ability to switch back and forth is useful. i wonder why they didnt make it like, right clicking it would bring up alternate skills, and you could just change the equipment to other versions of the weapon, but this is good too.