Decrease player damage and health by 50% if 15 or more players in 3600 radius

Ruufio.1496

> @"joneirikb.7506" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > or limit the amount of incoming damage one player can receive from unlimited to 5.

>

> Hehe, I do like this one for a number of reasons, but the main reason against it, is that my Guild Leader would basically be able to surf through a zerg reliably without dying. If you're good enough and have a survivable enough build, you can and will survive 5 players trying to kill you, unless they're equally or better skilled. Most zergers aren't, and their builds are generally focused on other things than gank/kill, as well as with a zerg like that you couldn't control which 5 attacks hit the player.

>

> Thus, in short, this could actually make it nearly impossible for most un-organized zergs to kill a good havoc squad.

>

> I'd love it, I'd love it to bits, and all the videos my guild would have made, and all the salt flowing freely from forums, whispers, team chat etc. But I don't think it would be a good thing for the game. Unfortunately.

I think the meta would adapt.

edit

the janky thing would be laying down an aoe with people in it, but hitting no one since all their caps have been reached. I think people could eventually get used to this too. it would be rage inducing for some. eventually zergs would have to break up since aoe and stacking numbers would be so weak. I don't how how this would happen since its hard sometimes to just find 1 willing commander. people would have to start to organize themselves. oh no!

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"joneirikb.7506" said:

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > or limit the amount of incoming damage one player can receive from unlimited to 5.

> >

> > Hehe, I do like this one for a number of reasons, but the main reason against it, is that my Guild Leader would basically be able to surf through a zerg reliably without dying. If you're good enough and have a survivable enough build, you can and will survive 5 players trying to kill you, unless they're equally or better skilled. Most zergers aren't, and their builds are generally focused on other things than gank/kill, as well as with a zerg like that you couldn't control which 5 attacks hit the player.

> >

> > Thus, in short, this could actually make it nearly impossible for most un-organized zergs to kill a good havoc squad.

> >

> > I'd love it, I'd love it to bits, and all the videos my guild would have made, and all the salt flowing freely from forums, whispers, team chat etc. But I don't think it would be a good thing for the game. Unfortunately.

>

> I think the meta would adapt.

>

> edit

> the janky thing would be laying down an aoe with people in it, but hitting no one since all their caps have been reached. I think people could eventually get used to this too. it would be rage inducing for some. eventually zergs would have to break up since aoe and stacking numbers would be so weak. I don't how how this would happen since its hard sometimes to just find 1 willing commander. people would have to start to organize themselves. oh no!

Long ago (many years) we had discussions about AoE and every time I pointed out that its not the *outgoing cap* thats the problem, its the *incoming damage from an unlimited amount of players*. But no one wanted to hear that. They just beat the uncapped AoE drum - which will help small groups, sure... *and* make zergs obscenely strong. Because anything that make individual players stronger will always make groups of more players even stronger.

I think that ship sailed looooong ago. Better to just forget about it.

It may have sailed but its being towed back in by the H.M.S. Whiner the new gen 2 greatsword weapon. When you pull it out it stealths itself but is quickly marked and revealed and the animation on the ground after you is the animation of a watchtower and some tricks being thrown at you.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> Long ago (many years) we had discussions about AoE and every time I pointed out that its not the *outgoing cap* thats the problem, its the *incoming damage from an unlimited amount of players*. But no one wanted to hear that. They just beat the uncapped AoE drum - which will help small groups, sure... *and* make zergs obscenely strong. Because anything that make individual players stronger will always make groups of more players even stronger.

>

> I think that ship sailed looooong ago. Better to just forget about it.

well that's why you los, stealth in, and gank. trying to fight a zerg head on will always be futile regardless of aoe cap.

> @"Ruufio.1496" said:

> Yeah this is a serious post. It disgusts me to the core seeing entire map blobs stacked with literally every single player on the map in that blob. That is not fun gameplay at all. Anyone who knows what they're talking about knows that fights that are actually fun are 15 players or less.

>

> Discourage the disgusting megablob playstyle that kills the gamemode by making it impossible to megazerg by halving all of those player' health and damage. Then WvW can be fun again.

> @"Liah.8324" said:

> @ Loading.

> Yup. Gameplay happens at a tiny spot on one map.....which is mental, considering what it could be.

>

> A debuff would force all the insanely-huge groups into smaller forces, which inevitably are responsible for themselves, and nothing else. Easily met, and easily countered by a equal-ish force of the opposing side. EVERYONE would have to be incredibly mobile - so the overall pace of the game increases...... and while big guilds could simply split into two or three zergs and a havoc team, smaller sources could group to the maximum, and possibly stand on even ground against them - regardless of map queue.

>

> Less lag and BS = more intriguing, longer-lasting battles that are representative of skill, instead of pure numbers (or willingness to use 3rd party auto-cast). I'll be honest here; I don't mind getting the kitten kicked out of me, if I f--- up during a fight. My bad. But it's been a long time since I had a REALLY epic battle in group form, where the field was mostly even, and we just went back-and-forth fifteen times. That's the kind of stuff that gets the ol' ticker pumpin - not "oh look, I'm standing beside 75 necros--andnowdead".

>

> So yeah, maybe I'm mad that condi vs. resist is a laughable disaster of 'balance' .......but my (note <- MY) main problem is being in a purely wvw guild that loves fighting - yet runs only 15-20, and consistently beats their head against the wall of 60+ groups in T1.....I mentioned the head vs. wall thing.....right?

So let’s talk radius: you chose 3600 range. So.. the people that are in that radius would have less health. But the ‘center’ of that would be constantly shifting.

So let’s say I am On the fringes... and another toon is outside of it, then I am going to get cut in half by someone that now has effectively 2x my health, and 2x my damage....

And good luck getting an engine to make those quick shifts and changes to the de-buff. Can you say calculations?

The game has all of the effective means to do this including multiple objectives spread out over 4 maps.

People don’t do that because they WANT the massive battles, and those that do don’t particularly care about the PPT and the actual objectives.

Until objectives become

- easier to get into,

- have value to be both flipped AND defended,

- and there is some true value to ‘winning’ a matchup,

you won’t see the current behavior change.

And each of those items have significant problems currently with incentivizing them.