[Suggest] Chak Egg Sac could make by Crafting

Jerry CCH.9816

I think it's good for the game to have a handful of items so rare that not even the richest player can automatically get them from the TP. Much as I'd like to own every aura (and dye), I'm okay that some are so low in supply that it's unlikely that I will (unless I want to give up every other gold-related goal I have in the game).

Limited supply cherishes the rarity and prestige. Seeing loads of people craft a full set of legendary armour on release was a bit demoralizing for prestige, albeit after two years after raid release- but I digress. ANet often rereleases limited-time items such as living story rewards, BLTC exclusives and skins which tanks their worth. They need to preserve rarity in **some** items. If anything should be looked at, that would be mystic coins.

Its really unbalanced the way you obtain this aura compared to the others in its current state. Vial for instance you can loot for it five times a meta and queen bees are looted for way more often due to SW constantly going with no timers. Even if you diligently go for the TD meta your number of attempts at this item are too low for the amount of time one would need to spend doing the meta(maybe 5000 plus times who knows?) for it to share a common drop rate with the other auras I previously mentioned is really unreasonable especially when you factor in it has 3 tonics on the loot table as well unlike the others.

This item could really use some kind of rework crating ideally its simply unobtainable in its current state.

> @Odinius.9826 said:

> As much as I would love this, I have to say no.

> It's about the only reason I still do the TD meta, the elusive chance that one of these days it will drop for me.

you would have a reason to run TD if this was craft able it could be account bound. The one from the loot table could still sell for thousands of gold if they tie a sink like that to it.

I'm all for making those rare items craftable, but only under certain strict conditions:

* The cost has to be very large with several recipes involved, not just taking a large amount of chak eggs, but also other materials. Specially several stacks of materials that are currently rather worthless, like thorns and fossils.

* It should only be possible to craft the item once.

* The result should not be tradable.

> @Venguard.2640 said:

> Limited supply cherishes the rarity and prestige. Seeing loads of people craft a full set of legendary armour on release was a bit demoralizing for prestige, albeit after two years after raid release- but I digress. ANet often rereleases limited-time items such as living story rewards, BLTC exclusives and skins which tanks their worth. They need to preserve rarity in **some** items. If anything should be looked at, that would be mystic coins.

I honestly disagree with that attitude I love my leg armor and every legendary I make because my characters wears these items in a unique combination and I put a lot of work and time into earning them. This item isn't a limited raid reward item its a drop from an open world boss that people essentially earned with zero gold spent. I want to spend gold on this item, I want to earn an egg sac just like everyone else does by spending lots mats and time sink items on one enough to make most casual players say no thanks its too much work. So the item still says I put a lot of work into this similar maybe to leg armor and for most of us that's still pretty prestigious as I see a lot of very well established players using this armor.

> @"Lydia Solace.1348" said:

> > @Venguard.2640 said:

> > Limited supply cherishes the rarity and prestige. Seeing loads of people craft a full set of legendary armour on release was a bit demoralizing for prestige, albeit after two years after raid release- but I digress. ANet often rereleases limited-time items such as living story rewards, BLTC exclusives and skins which tanks their worth. They need to preserve rarity in **some** items. If anything should be looked at, that would be mystic coins.

>

> I honestly disagree with that attitude I love my leg armor and every legendary I make because my characters wears these items in a unique combination and I put a lot of work and time into earning them. This item isn't a limited raid reward item its a drop from an open world boss that people essentially earned with zero gold spent. I want to spend gold on this item, I want to earn an egg sac just like everyone else does by spending lots mats and time sink items on one enough to make most casual players say no thanks its too much work. So the item still says I put a lot of work into this similar maybe to leg armor and for most of us that's still pretty prestigious as I see a lot of very well established players using this armor.

You make great points! After re-reading my comment I do see how it is a pretty bad attitude. I should have definitely reworded it to hit on points about exclusivity and prestige- the kind dependant on exclusivity. You are right about raid armour and other legendaries, especially on the points of a random PvE drop compared to actual end game PvE content. The context between my two examples was way too big to even compare the two. Cheers

> @MithranArkanere.8957 said:

> I'm all for making those rare items craftable, but only under certain strict conditions:

>

> * The cost has to be very large with several recipes involved, not just taking a large amount of chak eggs, but also other materials. Specially several stacks of materials that are currently rather worthless, like thorns and fossils.

> * It should only be possible to craft the item once.

> * The result should not be tradable.

agree

The result should not be tradable

> @JayMack.8295 said:

> I don't think there's any problem with rare drops in the game not eventually be guaranteed. Having some exceptionally rare drops are okay every now and then, especially when they give auras.

No one is saying that it should change from being rare drop and worth thousands of gold people are simply asking for additional path with a little less rng by also having a very pricey/time worthy a craft-able version that is account bound as this one aura has a very unique situation going on which that its far far less accessible in comparison to the other auras that drop in the game.

I'm well aware of what people are asking for - that's why I stated that there's nothing wrong with a rare drop that has no guaranteed crafting path to it. We have many many items in this game that you can eventually get with crafting or collections. Some not being available that way is fine, imo.

> @JayMack.8295 said:

> I'm well aware of what people are asking for - that's why I stated that there's nothing wrong with a rare drop that has no guaranteed crafting path to it. We have many many items in this game that you can eventually get with crafting or collections. Some not being available that way is fine, imo.

That would be fine if they hadn't already made so many items have other paths like raid auras or fractal one with token systems(which have a small gold sink tied to them which is not what people are this thread are asking for we want to spend thousands as if it were a legendary) or auras that actually have fair drop rates due to timers and loots per meta. Anet has not treated any items with such an unattainable attitude before you can see how most people can see this item as a mistake with its current drop rate and it being its only method of being acquired. For a game so focused on aesthetes and character customization having an item like this goes against the very design of the game which has always had ways of earning whatever you like with a ton effort and participation.

But the Vial of Liquid Aurillium exists, as does the Preserved Queen Bee - so there are actually at least 2 other items in the game that have an exceptionally low drop rate and grant auras and have no feasible way to craft them (that I'm aware of).

Now - if the argument was to increase its drop rate to bring it more in line with the above, I'd agree with it (if it indeed DOES have a lower drop rate or if it's just because of lower Chak meta completions) but it isn't alone in being an aura that is exceptionally rare and dependant on RNG.

Unless people also want the other two auras mentioned above to have guaranteed crafting methods...

I know what ANet's design is, I've been playing the franchise since 2006 - I know this game is dubbed 'Fashion Wars 2', all I'm saying is I don't see much of an issue with a very very minuscule amount of items in the game being extraordinarily rare and expensive to trade with others. I will never get these items unless the RNG gods praise me - hell I don't even have a legendary weapon yet and I've been playing since launch, but I also had zero problems with the exceptionally rare drop rate of the Minature Polar Bear from Guild Wars 1...something that wasn't just exceptionally rare but only available to even get a chance at in a seasonal event.

If there were loads of items in the game with really low drop rates that were almost impossible to get and costs tens of thousands of gold to trade, I'd have a problem with it, but so long as ANet only ever add 2-3 of these an expansion, I don't have an issue. I think it's fine when there are many other auras to obtain that are feasible to get.

> @JayMack.8295 said:

> But the Vial of Liquid Aurillium exists, as does the Preserved Queen Bee - so there are actually at least 2 other items in the game that have an exceptionally low drop rate and grant auras and have no feasible way to craft them (that I'm aware of).

>

> Now - if the argument was to increase its drop rate to bring it more in line with the above, I'd agree with it (if it indeed DOES have a lower drop rate or if it's just because of lower Chak meta completions) but it isn't alone in being an aura that is exceptionally rare and dependant on RNG.

>

> Unless people also want the other two auras mentioned above to have guaranteed crafting methods...

>

> I know what ANet's design is, I've been playing the franchise since 2006 - I know this game is dubbed 'Fashion Wars 2', all I'm saying is I don't see much of an issue with a very very minuscule amount of items in the game being extraordinarily rare and expensive to trade with others. I will never get these items unless the RNG gods praise me - kitten I don't even have a legendary weapon yet and I've been playing since launch, but I also had zero problems with the exceptionally rare drop rate of the Minature Polar Bear from Guild Wars 1...something that wasn't just exceptionally rare but only available to even get a chance at in a seasonal event.

>

> If there were loads of items in the game with really low drop rates that were almost impossible to get and costs tens of thousands of gold to trade, I'd have a problem with it, but so long as ANet only ever add 2-3 of these an expansion, I don't have an issue. I think it's fine when there are many other auras to obtain that are feasible to get.

Actually there are not many other auras to get the trouble is how few we have currently so having even just this one be so out on line makes customization a real problem. I really am glad to see what you said in your first point that would also be a nice change to see the drop rate increast atleast to make up for the less metas then sw and less loot like ab, people are suggesting a craftable one manly because some of us have well over 50,00 ley crystals and hundreds of chak eggs and would like to see them put to some use along with a ton of gold. I can appropriate rare items I simply cannot agree with this one though due to what we have mentioned prior in posts. That being said I think its easy for those us to sound like we don't respect the item since everyone is trying to change it's way of being obtained we are simply asking for a very slight change to make it more possible goal then it is today.

I say yes to a mystic forge recipe. I don't care about the gold cost, but it should be at least 250 egg sacs and some other TD map currency. Players who have amassed that much map currency I think should have that option because the RNG loot in this game is a curse. Heck I wouldn't even care if the if the mystic forge version was account bound. The say do the same with the AB amulet. Make it a forge recipe of at least 250 auric ingots.

> @EasleyThames.4396 said:

> Its really unbalanced the way you obtain this aura compared to the others in its current state. Vial for instance you can loot for it five times a meta and queen bees are looted for way more often due to SW constantly going with no timers. Even if you diligently go for the TD meta your number of attempts at this item are too low for the amount of time one would need to spend doing the meta(maybe 5000 plus times who knows?) for it to share a common drop rate with the other auras I previously mentioned is really unreasonable especially when you factor in it has 3 tonics on the loot table as well unlike the others.

> This item could really use some kind of rework crating ideally its simply unobtainable in its current state.

Queen Bee is actually really rare, I lead a RIBA guild and I've only ever seen it drop twice from members since I started the guild.

> @"Evil Octopi.8253" said:

> I say yes to a mystic forge recipe. I don't care about the gold cost, but it should be at least 250 egg sacs and some other TD map currency. Players who have amassed that much map currency I think should have that option because the RNG loot in this game is a curse. Heck I wouldn't even care if the if the mystic forge version was account bound. The say do the same with the AB amulet. Make it a forge recipe of at least 250 auric ingots.

I really love this idea I have so much of this map currency and chak eggs and this if after having enough to complete the one collection that uses chak eggs and leg armor. It be sad if we could never put these items to good use since it be such a waste. along with a large enough gold sink this make for a fair method of atleast getting one ever. Plus if the item is account bound like you mentioned it would take gold out of the game which the current egg sac does not do and would leave all the trade able egg sac with a high value still since they could make it so you can ever make one account bound sac maybe like other have mentioned here.

> @DakotaCoty.5721 said:

> > @EasleyThames.4396 said:

> > Its really unbalanced the way you obtain this aura compared to the others in its current state. Vial for instance you can loot for it five times a meta and queen bees are looted for way more often due to SW constantly going with no timers. Even if you diligently go for the TD meta your number of attempts at this item are too low for the amount of time one would need to spend doing the meta(maybe 5000 plus times who knows?) for it to share a common drop rate with the other auras I previously mentioned is really unreasonable especially when you factor in it has 3 tonics on the loot table as well unlike the others.

> > This item could really use some kind of rework crating ideally its simply unobtainable in its current state.

>

> Queen Bee is actually really rare, I lead a RIBA guild and I've only ever seen it drop twice from members since I started the guild.

I understand queen bees are very rare I have not seen one pinged myself either after 100s of vw's, However, its still way more possible to farm despite its extreme rarity since with Chak Egg sac you suffer from these problems; only one roll every other hour( you get 5 for vial and for sw u have no timer so map hopping is a thing),meta fails and 3 tonics that can roll instead of it make the item way too impossible to ever dream of getting thru rolling the dice.

> @EasleyThames.4396 said:

> I understand queen bees are very rare I have not seen one pinged myself either after 100s of vw's, However, its still way more possible to farm despite its extreme rarity since with Chak Egg sac you suffer from these problems; only one roll every other hour( you get 5 for vial and for sw u have no timer so map hopping is a thing),meta fails and 3 tonics that can roll instead of it make the item way too impossible to ever dream of getting thru rolling the dice.

What's wrong with that? If it's less rare, then it won't be a super expensive luxury item coveted by all. This way, it's something that we all hope to get (either to keep or to sell to finance our other in-game desires).