Can we make SAB a permanent feature?

I dont think keeping it year round would be a good idea, for one thing the old saying , absence makes the heart grow fonder , applies. Most people would get everything from it they want in the first few months, then it would sit there unused and wasted. I get people want to get the things from it in short order, but its nice to have something to work towards, instead of instant gratification which is a big problem in society now.

> @"Cronospere.8143" said:

> What would be the fun of SAB if you could finish everything the first year? weapon collections are always supposed to be hard. Just wait until next year.

There is nothing inherently hard in a long time-gating in a content that's sparely available to begin with.

And we aren't talking about a single year, anyway. As i said, in the best case, it's 5 years. People that started it now or during the last year may easily never see their Crimson Assassin collection completed, for all we know.

> @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> I dont think keeping it year round would be a good idea, for one thing the old saying , absence makes the heart grow fonder , applies. Most people would get everything from it they want in the first few months, then it would sit there unused and wasted.

Like most of the maps already present ingame. But no one is asking for their removal, or for making them available just for some weeks per year.

If people want to spent months there to get whatever is available...just let them do it. They'll still be back once new content gets implemented.

It doesn't even give monetary rewards, as it doesn't generate gold at all, so there wouldn't be any issue in keeping it open.

>I get people want to get the things from it in short order, but its nice to have something to work towards, instead of instant gratification which is a big problem in society now.

No, you aren't getting anything. Because the issue here is that people cannot work toward some of those collections to begin with...since SAB is forcibly locked for the large majority of the time. Having a time-gate is a thing, but in this particular case even the time-gate has a time-gate.

We have so many grind-festivals. Not so much a holiday as an obsession like gambling. The whole community disappears down a black hole that does nothing to support gw2 gameplay. (Except to offer loot). These things are an annual flare-up of a virus normally in remission.