Overtuned Ranger PoF pet (Gazelle)

Kitten.4162

Gazelles can hit me for 15-18k with a charge before knocking me down for another 6k within 2-3 seconds.

I've tested this several times within a dueling server, after I witnessed it in my combat logs several times within Plat+ ranked games.

That's literally my entire health pool, with a cc in mind - while the ranger is hitting me on top of that. :s

I never had that much of a problem with any of the HoT pets, so I feel like it's an overtuning issue overall. :#

What do you guys think?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure it's a bug, at least I hope so. There have been multiple posts about it. I have purposely chosen not to run with Gazelle because I feel like using it is an exploit. Hope it gets fixed/tuned down soon. I can't imagine it being intentional. As far as I know though, we have heard nothing from ANet about it.

This isn't going to be changed.

There are some hard counters in spvp. as Archon mentions above me.

It won't matter in high lvl pvp.

And most importantly, it's a counter to scourge.

In the time it takes to get one stomp, a scourge can load me up with condis and murder urdle urdle me.

Fair? I think not.

Who knows though. Seems like Anet is playing favorites. "We want to lower the size of the points in spvp".

> @Kitten.4162 said:

> > It won't matter in high lvl pvp.

> > And most importantly, it's a counter to scourge.

>

> Pick one lol

>

>

hehe

I know on it's own it seems too much.

But so does everything else.

Just had a match where a soulbeast ranger came into the match with that pet.

He was a easy 1v1. Even when it was just me and him, that stupid deer couldn't hit me.

He got constantly focussed.

But too outsiders, you get nailed and you think its op.

Let me tell you, the stars aligned.

All the terrain, pathing issues that pets have, aoe, all the movement, dodges and blocks-- and you still get hit by that pet?

It's a combination of Luck, You were playing badly and the Ranger is better than you.

> @Archon.6480 said:

> It feels good. Kinda how a scourge, theif, or holo basher must feel when they do similar. Soulbeast is complete garbage, so it must be there to balance the trash.

Except that you can use Gazelle on meta druid, which is already one of the strongest 1v1 builds that you'll see in ranked...

> @EnderzShadow.2506 said:

> But too outsiders, you get nailed and you think its op.

> Let me tell you, the stars aligned.

> All the terrain, pathing issues that pets have, aoe, all the movement, dodges and blocks-- and you still get hit by that pet?

> **It's a combination of Luck, You were playing badly and the Ranger is better than you.**

This.

> @Kitten.4162 said:

> Gazelles can hit me for 15-18k with a charge before knocking me down for another 6k within 2-3 seconds.

>

> I've tested this several times within a dueling server, after I witnessed it in my combat logs several times within Plat+ ranked games.

>

> That's literally my entire health pool, with a cc in mind - while the ranger is hitting me on top of that. :s

>

> I never had that much of a problem with any of the HoT pets, so I feel like it's an overtuning issue overall. :#

>

> What do you guys think?

i will + that. today i got hit for 12k by that thing. i am not sure how good soulbeast are but AI should not do so much dmg. this is pvp not pve.

A clarification :

-pets are supposed to hurt you

-Gazelle has a bug with its charge attack stacking instead than hit you once

-Gazelle will retain its dmg once the bug get fixed

-You will still receive abover 5k dmg from charge if you think you can still laugh at pets like you did for 3 years prior to HoT

-**every pet used by a soulbeast...does not automatically become a gazelle -_-** it seems to me that people here will shout "gazelle" everytime they get killed by a soulbeast when in reality not everyone using a gazelle....jeez

> @"Bella Kim.4061" said:

> I was playing spellbreaker with 2.9K Armor and 19K Health pool and a ranger pet took 80% of health bar away with one single hit

>

> I checked combat log , and it was 15K damage with one single hit

>

> I hope this is a bug

>

> I hope this bug get fixed as soon as possible

"I was playing bunker druid and Spellbreaker came and took 100% of my health bar away with 2 hits. I hope it's a bug and they fix it."

Why are people telling me "oh, the pet isn't OP because Soulbeast is garbage."

I'm aware Soulbeast isn't the best **but you can still use Gazelle in Bunker Druid** and just destroy people while taking no damage xd

like I know it's hard to read but I'm pretty sure I said **overtuned PoF pet** not _overtuned Soulbeast pls nerf it its so OP_

When ANet does fix the Rock Gazelle. Soulbeast will than more then likely get the WvW treatment, all ranger specs get. Other classes just pushes ranger's specs out.

-A thief can now out rotate and hit harder from range or close up in melee.

-A ele can provide more support than any of the ranger specs.

-A necro and a guardian can output more AOE damage than any of the ranger specs.

-A warrior can just face tank the ranger and all of its specs, while wearing zerker ammy and dealing my damage.

In the end by getting rid of it's one trick pony ability. You effectively turn ranger and all of its specs completely useless. But I guess no one really care about that. Also I'd like to ask. How many of you that are complaining about the gazelle actually had this happened to them. Because in my cases facing against rangers. Their gazelle has never killed me once.

Actually facing against rangers atm. Even with this gazelle supposedly hitting like a truck. Ranger and all of it's specs feel very underpowered. Unless I'm playing on my scourge and they just start pew pew away at me. However a thief is currently way more efficient at this, then ranger and all of it's specs are.

I haven't hit or been hit for nearly that much by a Gazelle (although I once received a 19.5k Worldly Impact, which was rather painful). Personally, when I play Soulbeast, I run Gazelle for the mobility; it is absolutely atrocious at hitting moving targets. Seriously, just moving properly will make it miss you a good 95% of the time.

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> I talked to the skills team about this, they are looking at it.

If this pet becomes useless like what you did with Bristleback, I'm going to be extremely upset.

You MUST fix the AI before nerfing because the damage right now is the only thing making the pet _somewhat_ viable.