Should lemongrass go back to being -40% condition duration?

CrimeMaker.8612

> @Nuzt.7894 said:

> Honestly, I've found duration has implications in small groups/havok. Not so much in large groups, it's cleansed then re-applied .05 sec later so duration doesn't really play a role in larger stuff, it's more ease of application/lack of continuous cleansing. The smaller groups would probably benefit from it being put back to 40% but in large fights current state I'm struggling to see the use of any duration for boons or condi's.

Thats a good point. It gets to the point that cleansing is on cooldown while classes can just keep crapping out condis with a full array of no cooldowns. Doesn't make much sense.

Yes, but at this point even if lemon grass were to be -40% condition duration, it will still not fix the condi problem because you have to keep in mind that there is:

* Gear that increases condition duration

* Sigils that increase condition duration

* Runes that increase condition duration

* Food that increases condition duration

With [gear alone](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAW7IA-jFhAhAQq/AobwWJIoyvAAHAc94jP+4jP+4jP+4BA-w) one can reach 42.2% condition duration.

Conditions are out of control and nobody from Anet seems to care.

Indeed, once upon a time it cancelled out with condi food, but now you have condi stats from gear. I don't think it'll help, since many people will die long before the duration expires or just gets resettled. This will just make it back as a novelty food. I mean I don't think anyone sits there and burns for 20 seconds.

Perhaps it could just keep the duration the same, but add a 10% damage reduction.

This is a blanket bandaid fix. Conditions are not exclusive to condition based specs, other classes uses conditions too. What about cripple, vulnerability, blind, chill, weakness, slow, fear, poison (for the healing potency reduction.) and immobilize ? We already have very little access to reliable application of these and with your fix they will also become weaker.

Its fine as it is currently. And honestly some classes are throwing out so much resistance, and others throwing out so much cleanse, that extra condition duration wouldn't help against those classes regardless. Instead of buffing it back up, why not try nerfing the ridiculous condi application instead?

> @OriOri.8724 said:

> Instead of buffing it back up, why not try nerfing the ridiculous condi application instead?

Pretty much my feeling on the matter, too. You shouldn't counter offensive power creep with defensive power creep, and damaging condition application shouldn't be as spammable as it is.

Address specific professions that are overtuned with their condition application, (or those with forgiveness in their condition application, such as dropping conditions then slinking away in stealth whilst they tick,) instead of nerfing everything including the effects of conditions apart from damage which Kokomi has depicted.

Perhaps introducing some more changes that allow condition _damage_ to be mitigated somewhat would help the matter, as well.

Though with that said, honestly, I wouldn't be sure where to begin.

~ Kovu

> @CrimeMaker.8612 said:

> PoF introduced a lot more condition into game mode. We all know conditions aren't getting nerfed. So my question is do you all think consumable like lemongrass poultry should go back to giving -40% condition duration?

Just remember that condition classes were beyond terrible for many years and the buffs have probably made them meta now.

There is balance somewhere between those two points and it doesn't involve reverting back to -40% duration.

> @Genesis.5169 said:

> Everyone has tons of condition removal on the character, you can just slot them on your bar instead of just getting damaging skills. I know its a drag that you actually have to prepare for fights and attune your bars on a fight by fight basis.

>

> But you guys can do it i believe in you!

It's not so much that I don't know how to anti-condi

It's that it'd be nice to use _some_ other skills occasionally.

> @Zephyra.4709 said:

> No, it seems like a band aid fix.

>

> The other -20% duration can be made up by utilising runes such as _Hoelbrak_ or further still, better yourself as an individual by being situationally aware when engaging/defending against an enemy.

>

> I think it's a bit early to call on 'no nerfs will be made', as I'm sure there will be. Remember _Epidemic_ got nerfed? If things are really that bad it will get looked into.

The issue here is when you don't have organized groups and play on a large server consisting of PUGS. It's nearly impossible to close the gap as a melee class without the proper build/support/stats but it's easy to blob as full condi. Closing the gap to get into melee range is infuriating. Pirate ship meta is the worst thing.

> @Dawdler.8521 said:

> Yeah its definetly a crusty bandaid.

>

> How about instead we simply do +1 on cleanses? Skills that cleanse 1 condi now cleanse 2. Skills that cleanse 2 condi now cleanse 3. Etc and so on.

>

> This would apply even to comboing.

This would be an acceptable solution as well, but in all honesty groups that have the right comp don't suffer from conditions nearly as much as randoms are complaining about. In general the complaints you hear about are from PUG groups that don't know enough to condi-clear, or resistance spam.