Beta Event Nostalgia

Hey all,

First off, I am currently listening to this awesome GW2 soundtrack mix found

and the nostalgia of beta/early-launch days hit me. Anyone remember the PvE/PvP branded event in Plains of Ashford (I think it was), where players had to hold off a branded invasion, but when they died they became branded and had to conquer the map? Those events were one of the reasons I was so excited for GW2. Of course I love GW2, but what ever happened to that kind of creativity? Rather than more story, I wouldn't mind a long-term sandbox style event that turned PvE zones into PvP as well. Imagine the epic last-stands players could have against branded hordes trying to conquer the Black Citadel or the desperate marches of many guild rallied together to drive the branded back. For me the enjoyment I get out of any MMO nowadays isn't in gear grind or instanced content, it's in organic player-driven encounters. Just a thought anyways.

Well -- in general I agree there shouldn't be PvP in PvE areas. But it would be neat if the next LS episode had a sort of Dragon's Stand redux, and instead of just killing everyone on a loss, it would basically trigger the same branding logic as in the beta event. If there was ever a place for it...