Serpent's Ire feedback

Kiza.5630

There's going to be a lot of people who don't get to finish the collection achievement tied to this event, if they don't buff rewards.

I finally was on a map that successfully did this event (barely) and the rewards were very lackluster. Now that I have my Funerary collection complete, I don't plan on doing this event ever again because the rewards are definitely not worth the time or effort, especially with such a high risk of failure for such a lackluster reward. As more and more people finish the Funerary achieve, less and less people will do it because there is zero incentive to repeat it when places like Auric Basin exist that has many times more reward.

> @MrRuin.9740 said:

> There's going to be a lot of people who don't get to finish the collection achievement tied to this event, if they don't buff rewards.

> I finally was on a map that successfully did this event (barely) and the rewards were very lackluster. Now that I have my Funerary collection complete, I don't plan on doing this event ever again because the rewards are definitely not worth the time or effort, especially with such a high risk of failure for such a lackluster reward. As more and more people finish the Funerary achieve, less and less people will do it because there is zero incentive to repeat it when places like Auric Basin exist that has many times more reward.

don't you see, that's the plan, and in 2 months or so, you can buy the gloves for 3000 gems in the shop

I just finished it for the first time today. I tagged up maybe 20 minutes before the event started, had 10-15 people at the start. By the time we were hunting for the last zealot we were up to around 35 people so I split everyone up into 5 groups. For second phase we didn't kill the first zealot till about 25% left before detonation, and the last one was killed maybe seconds before we would have failed (just the tiniest sliver of orange left). As you kill the zealots the bar definitely drains slower, so it might almost be worth stacking one of the zealots with a few more people to try to burn it out super fast. And third phase is nothing fancy, low frame spam fest. Its a good idea to be running a range and melee weapon as the boss will swap invuln to each type throughout the fight.

The event is in dire need of better rewards, to entice people to go out of their way to do it. As it is... If you have a coordinated group, it's incredibly fun-but-stressful. If you don't, it's bullshit (Global Timer) piled on bullshit(No markers), piled on bullshit (Brandstorm) piled on bullshit(Champ bounty train), piled on bullshit (No rewards)

> @Coulter.2315 said:

> Add Amalgamated Gemstone, quite a lot of trader boxes to open (even a special one which gives better stuff) and the boss chest should also have chance of dropping the new weapon/armour recipes, a branded infusion.

Give solid chance of dropping recipe or full grieving inscription/insignia and people gonna swarm this event like mad.

One more request from me for the final fight, aka Ysshi and his lovely Hydra: **please** do something about the graphical overload. :)

This whole fight consists of one giant purple vortex of effects. You can hardly see what's going on or even where your character is. The main issue is the giant hydra I think. Too big, purple breath that spans multiple screens, purple meteors that create even more purple crystals that explode in purple stuff when destroyed. I probably forgot a dozen of purple aoe fields. Ysshi fires volleys of purple bullets and has that giant multicolored reflect bubble. Probably won't hurt to decrease the boss size as well. Now mesmers don't mind purple, but it's rather hard to see what's going on during the fight. And if you get the miniaturized effect, all hope is lost!

It doesn't get very clear what triggers the different phases. He cycles between melee/ranged invulnerability, but there is also a phase where he's completely invulnerable and we got to kill the spark army. Sometimes he's attackable for like 15 sec and 1m 30s invulnerable follows. Couldn't make out anything that triggers this in the purple haze. If there is something at all. Breaking the bar helps a bit it seems.

• 3 weeks later...

> @Kiza.5630 said:

> One more request from me for the final fight, aka Ysshi and his lovely Hydra: **please** do something about the graphical overload. :)

>

> This whole fight consists of one giant purple vortex of effects. You can hardly see what's going on or even where your character is. The main issue is the giant hydra I think. Too big, purple breath that spans multiple screens, purple meteors that create even more purple crystals that explode in purple stuff when destroyed. I probably forgot a dozen of purple aoe fields. Ysshi fires volleys of purple bullets and has that giant multicolored reflect bubble. Probably won't hurt to decrease the boss size as well. Now mesmers don't mind purple, but it's rather hard to see what's going on during the fight. *And if you get the miniaturized effect, all hope is lost!*

>

> It doesn't get very clear what triggers the different phases. He cycles between melee/ranged invulnerability, but there is also a phase where he's completely invulnerable and we got to kill the spark army. Sometimes he's attackable for like 15 sec and 1m 30s invulnerable follows. Couldn't make out anything that triggers this in the purple haze. If there is something at all. Breaking the bar helps a bit it seems.

That miniaturization effect got me every time I dove into melee when the forgotten guy started his immune to ranged phase. I never figured out what caused it and what I could do to avoid it. If Ysshi did it, I couldn't possibly see a tell because the hydra was on top of him (her?) the entire time. The name in red letters was the only indication that there were 2 bosses on my screen.

> @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> That miniaturization effect got me every time I dove into melee when the forgotten guy started his immune to ranged phase. I never figured out what caused it and what I could do to avoid it.

I think it is the hydra's breath (Magically Unstable Breath) that can cause it. We had a few version where someone managed to pull the hydra aside for most parts of the fight and I never got miniaturized. So in the regular more chaotic fights it's probably impossible to avoid. Could be wrong of course, that's only what I have observed.

> @Kiza.5630 said:

> One more request from me for the final fight, aka Ysshi and his lovely Hydra: **please** do something about the graphical overload. :)

>

You fight them on a reflecting surface. If 100 players are fighting the boss your PC needs to render 200. At least during the last phase the surface needs to turn full purple, like branded crystals, but for the love of our performance, not reflecting.

• 9 months later...

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> I guarantee you if they don't buff rewards this meta won't be played by most people after they got their collection 1 time win.

Currently trying to get this done for the achievment. It is completely undoable. There are at most 30 players around for the meta if you are lucky and most of them just come in very late. THIS NEEDS A FIX NOW.

• 4 months later...

I have been looking for quite some time, if there are still any groups trying to do this event. Maybe I always look at the wrong time, but it`s bounty hunting in Vaabi and nothing else. And when you try to complete something like this recording for IG-6417, it is extremely unnerving to feel stuck with 34/35 in "a bug in the system" with such a challenging big meta, which is not doable with - say - a dozen players. If some big guild will try this, please leave a note when you will meet...

> @"Sita Droowan.5983" said:

> I have been looking for quite some time, if there are still any groups trying to do this event. Maybe I always look at the wrong time, but it`s bounty hunting in Vaabi and nothing else. And when you try to complete something like this recording for IG-6417, it is extremely unnerving to feel stuck with 34/35 in "a bug in the system" with such a challenging big meta, which is not doable with - say - a dozen players. If some big guild will try this, please leave a note when you will meet...

Depends on your region and play time. For NA there is at least TTS (http://ttsgamers.com/event-calendar/) and EVA (https://evaguild.com/event/pofmetas/).