Maguuma Pact Operation Portal Device

phs.6089

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > @"Gopaka.7839" said:

> > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > There is something I want to understand. The device signals when meta starts and you can teleport to meta only when it's about to start or it's on already?

> > > What is the point? Maps where people are doing meta will be full already. What am I missing?

> >

> > > @"Snail.7215" said:

> > > I would love to know exactly how this works and if it's useful or not for the HoT metas like Chak Gerent, Dragon's Stand and the rest.

> >

> > > @"HyperLooser.2698" said:

> > > yeah, someone has to sacrifice 400 gems for science

> >

> > I bought it last night, prepared 400 gems in advance just for that. So far I find it quite helpful for Chak Gerent and Tarir where the cool expensive infusions are. While using it there were lot's of pop ups:

> > _**Pact assistance requested! Chak Gerent Defense begins in 10 minutes.

> > Pact assistance requested! Crash Site Aid needed in 10 minutes.

> > Pact assistance requested! Daytime Deployment begins in 10 minutes.

> > Pact assistance requested! Nighttime Deployment begins in 10 minutes.

> > Pact assistance requested! Sandstorm Relief needed in 10 minutes.

> > Pact assistance requested! Tarir Assault Reinforcements needed in 10 minutes.

> > Pact assistance requested! Tarir Defense Prep needed in 10 minutes.

> > Pact assistance requested! The Assault on Mordremoth begins in 10 minutes.

> > Pact assistance requested! The Tarir Octovine Assault begins in 5 minutes.**_

> >

> > Also they were telling the zones in brackets if the player using it don't know what the message means... I'm not sure there is pop up for Silverwaste... after all the meta is not time gated. But I can confirm there are pop ups for **Dry Top, Verdant Brink, Auric Basin, Tangled Depths, Dragon Stand** . Also I have to point out that the portal ports you on convenient spots where you can rush right for the metas. I think on the world boss portal device there were pop ups 25 mins before(announced in the chat), 10 mins before(announced in the chat) and when the fight starts. For the Maguuma Device I think the pop up is only on the **10 mins before the start**_**(announced in the chat)**_ and **when the fight is starting**. Last night I also ported on Chak Gerent when the fight started and it ported me on a map with 4 commanders, not sure if the map was full but i totally can see some benefits having the Devic.

> >

> > Hope that helps for your decision! :)

>

> I understand that, but 10 minutes before meta in my experience AB/TD are almost always full, let alone DS.

I cannot confirm about DS, haven't done it yet, but can say my experience with AB and TD. When I ported in TD when the portal said that the thread was imminent, before the meta started counting. I think the timer was 10 minutes and after those 10 there are 5 more minutes. So that makes 15 minutes before the official start. If you put the 10 minutes message before the meta coming from the device, those are 25 mins. Same goes for Auric Basin, when TD meta ended I used the device, the message was again on ongoing imminent fight and the counter was 10-15 mins before the meta, which means 10-15 minutes plus the 10 minutes message from the device, that makes around 25-30 minutes warning before the meta. Of course I am not sure about the statistics, haven't tried it for that long to give my true opinion and observation to you, guys.

> @"Gopaka.7839" said:

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > @"Gopaka.7839" said:

> > > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > There is something I want to understand. The device signals when meta starts and you can teleport to meta only when it's about to start or it's on already?

> > > > What is the point? Maps where people are doing meta will be full already. What am I missing?

> > >

> > > > @"Snail.7215" said:

> > > > I would love to know exactly how this works and if it's useful or not for the HoT metas like Chak Gerent, Dragon's Stand and the rest.

> > >

> > > > @"HyperLooser.2698" said:

> > > > yeah, someone has to sacrifice 400 gems for science

> > >

> > > I bought it last night, prepared 400 gems in advance just for that. So far I find it quite helpful for Chak Gerent and Tarir where the cool expensive infusions are. While using it there were lot's of pop ups:

> > > _**Pact assistance requested! Chak Gerent Defense begins in 10 minutes.

> > > Pact assistance requested! Crash Site Aid needed in 10 minutes.

> > > Pact assistance requested! Daytime Deployment begins in 10 minutes.

> > > Pact assistance requested! Nighttime Deployment begins in 10 minutes.

> > > Pact assistance requested! Sandstorm Relief needed in 10 minutes.

> > > Pact assistance requested! Tarir Assault Reinforcements needed in 10 minutes.

> > > Pact assistance requested! Tarir Defense Prep needed in 10 minutes.

> > > Pact assistance requested! The Assault on Mordremoth begins in 10 minutes.

> > > Pact assistance requested! The Tarir Octovine Assault begins in 5 minutes.**_

> > >

> > > Also they were telling the zones in brackets if the player using it don't know what the message means... I'm not sure there is pop up for Silverwaste... after all the meta is not time gated. But I can confirm there are pop ups for **Dry Top, Verdant Brink, Auric Basin, Tangled Depths, Dragon Stand** . Also I have to point out that the portal ports you on convenient spots where you can rush right for the metas. I think on the world boss portal device there were pop ups 25 mins before(announced in the chat), 10 mins before(announced in the chat) and when the fight starts. For the Maguuma Device I think the pop up is only on the **10 mins before the start**_**(announced in the chat)**_ and **when the fight is starting**. Last night I also ported on Chak Gerent when the fight started and it ported me on a map with 4 commanders, not sure if the map was full but i totally can see some benefits having the Devic.

> > >

> > > Hope that helps for your decision! :)

> >

> > I understand that, but 10 minutes before meta in my experience AB/TD are almost always full, let alone DS.

>

> I cannot confirm about DS, haven't done it yet, but can say my experience with AB and TD. When I ported in TD when the portal said that the thread was imminent, before the meta started counting. I think the timer was 10 minutes and after those 10 there are 5 more minutes. So that makes 15 minutes before the official start. If you put the 10 minutes message before the meta coming from the device, those are 25 mins. Same goes for Auric Basin, when TD meta ended I used the device, the message was again on ongoing imminent fight and the counter was 10-15 mins before the meta, which means 10-15 minutes plus the 10 minutes message from the device, that makes around 25-30 minutes warning before the meta. Of course I am not sure about the statistics, haven't tried it for that long to give my true opinion and observation to you, guys.

Might be useful to some. I go VB xx:00- get one of the bosses at xx:10,I don't wait for night to be over, port to TD, get it done, wait for wall to get down, port to AB, viola.

I don't know why I would need this device at all. I really wanted to buy something new, lol.

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > @"Gopaka.7839" said:

> > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > @"Gopaka.7839" said:

> > > > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > > There is something I want to understand. The device signals when meta starts and you can teleport to meta only when it's about to start or it's on already?

> > > > > What is the point? Maps where people are doing meta will be full already. What am I missing?

> > > >

> > > > > @"Snail.7215" said:

> > > > > I would love to know exactly how this works and if it's useful or not for the HoT metas like Chak Gerent, Dragon's Stand and the rest.

> > > >

> > > > > @"HyperLooser.2698" said:

> > > > > yeah, someone has to sacrifice 400 gems for science

> > > >

> > > > I bought it last night, prepared 400 gems in advance just for that. So far I find it quite helpful for Chak Gerent and Tarir where the cool expensive infusions are. While using it there were lot's of pop ups:

> > > > _**Pact assistance requested! Chak Gerent Defense begins in 10 minutes.

> > > > Pact assistance requested! Crash Site Aid needed in 10 minutes.

> > > > Pact assistance requested! Daytime Deployment begins in 10 minutes.

> > > > Pact assistance requested! Nighttime Deployment begins in 10 minutes.

> > > > Pact assistance requested! Sandstorm Relief needed in 10 minutes.

> > > > Pact assistance requested! Tarir Assault Reinforcements needed in 10 minutes.

> > > > Pact assistance requested! Tarir Defense Prep needed in 10 minutes.

> > > > Pact assistance requested! The Assault on Mordremoth begins in 10 minutes.

> > > > Pact assistance requested! The Tarir Octovine Assault begins in 5 minutes.**_

> > > >

> > > > Also they were telling the zones in brackets if the player using it don't know what the message means... I'm not sure there is pop up for Silverwaste... after all the meta is not time gated. But I can confirm there are pop ups for **Dry Top, Verdant Brink, Auric Basin, Tangled Depths, Dragon Stand** . Also I have to point out that the portal ports you on convenient spots where you can rush right for the metas. I think on the world boss portal device there were pop ups 25 mins before(announced in the chat), 10 mins before(announced in the chat) and when the fight starts. For the Maguuma Device I think the pop up is only on the **10 mins before the start**_**(announced in the chat)**_ and **when the fight is starting**. Last night I also ported on Chak Gerent when the fight started and it ported me on a map with 4 commanders, not sure if the map was full but i totally can see some benefits having the Devic.

> > > >

> > > > Hope that helps for your decision! :)

> > >

> > > I understand that, but 10 minutes before meta in my experience AB/TD are almost always full, let alone DS.

> >

> > I cannot confirm about DS, haven't done it yet, but can say my experience with AB and TD. When I ported in TD when the portal said that the thread was imminent, before the meta started counting. I think the timer was 10 minutes and after those 10 there are 5 more minutes. So that makes 15 minutes before the official start. If you put the 10 minutes message before the meta coming from the device, those are 25 mins. Same goes for Auric Basin, when TD meta ended I used the device, the message was again on ongoing imminent fight and the counter was 10-15 mins before the meta, which means 10-15 minutes plus the 10 minutes message from the device, that makes around 25-30 minutes warning before the meta. Of course I am not sure about the statistics, haven't tried it for that long to give my true opinion and observation to you, guys.

>

> Might be useful to some. I go VB xx:00- get one of the bosses at xx:10,I don't wait for night to be over, port to TD, get it done, wait for wall to get down, port to AB, viola.

> I don't know why I would need this device at all.

I think Anet keeps in mind that all players doing metas regularly are doing the same thing you do, thus for their device to be sold to many of those players, they need to make the device convenient enough for the players to want it. You just need to know which message is the meta message and after that all is good.

>> I understand that, but 10 minutes before meta in my experience AB/TD are almost always full, let alone DS.

> But if more ppl will get item it will be possible to fill 2nd map with ppl, so it may still work

It wouldn't be a "second map;" it would be _another_ map, because there are always enough people to fill one.

(There's some organized groups that fill anywhere from 1-4 TD maps at certain hours, before we even notice "overflow" maps. I've seen one guild swap maps 5-6 times to unique IPs in an effort to find one empty enough for their core group.)

Mathematically, it's simply more likely to end up in a map that looks vacant.

* People who plan ahead have found their map and they ain't leavin'.

* That map keeps getting more people via LFG until it's hard capped.

* At which point, people entering the map end up in a new map, which therefore looks empty.

* If that happens 11+ minutes before the meta, no worries, because people are confident they can fill it and LFG.

* When it happens 10- minutes, people despair and leave rather than try to start a new map.

I'm sure ANet collected data on how many new maps got filled for World Bosses due to its device, so I suspect they are counting on that happening with this new device as well.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> It’s possible that it’s existence may mean more populated late maps as ppl teleport en masse

This definately worked for Tequatl. When I use the device for an "imminent" Tequatl, I arrive 10 minutes before the event on a map which then quickly fills up to workable numbers. Before we had these devices I had to arrive 20-30 minutes early on a map that was advertised in the LFG panel. There are definately more people doing these events since the device was implemented.

This is useless and overpriced. 4 events for 400 gems while the world boss one is like 10+ for 400 gems. 3/4 of the HoT metas all spawn in a row anyways and 10 minutes isn't early enough for AB/TD.

Waste of an inventory slot. Should've been added to the world boss portal device.

While I did get the World Boss Portal device I think the latest one is a big miss for ANet. I've done all the achievements on Dry Top and can short WP there from one of the guild halls. I leave one character on Auric Basin and another on Verdant Brink. The one on VB can easily go to Silverwastes when I need to go there. I don't need another portal device taking up a valuable share slot.

I can think of a number of things I'd like to see more. Like expanding the Festival of the Four Winds map west and east to meet up with Mount Maelstrom and Desert Highlands respectively and put a lounge high up on the cliffs on the east side of the existing map with a gem store portal device to unlock access to it year around either by the device or vapor portals on either end. It'd be fast travel to Mount Maelstrom and Desert Highlands. The last time I suggested this someone else said they could also add access to the latest LWS4 map to the NE.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> No idea how you expect it to be any different than the boss portal

...which includes all of central Tyria, hence all of the core campaign. That's why you would expect it to be different than it currently is (at least I did).

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> This is useless and overpriced. 4 events for 400 gems

Exactly! (Well, 5, but still...)

I bought the device since I want *all* of the utility items I can get my hands on, and I have no regrets, but I do think the device could be spiced up by adding LW events into the mix. Right now, when you click the device, there is often nothing happening at all. I also was hoping that the device would warn for events like Queen skrtiksirktis(we) in Dry Top being up, since this is on a timer also, but I guess this has technical limitations, since the Queen will not always spawn in every map (only tier 4+ maps). I do enjoy the notifications for Dragons Stand and such.

So... I just went to a TD map on shortnotice, there were even 2 players immediately tagging up, so in theory it would be possible to use the device and do it that way. Problem was: there were like 20 to 30 people standing at the spawn presumably spamclicking already full maps instead of doing the meta - so ofc it failed.

Please Anet- remove groups from the lfg where the commander is in an already filled instance- this would make the new item really useful and timesaving, because this way you can only see groups where you are really able to join. On worldbosses it was less of a problem because you don't need to split the group like with HOT metas.

> @"Gopaka.7839" said:

> > @"Tyncale.1629" said:

> > but I do think the device could be spiced up by adding LW events into the mix.

>

> Hold on for a moment ! Why would they want to do that if they can just add more devices for the living world seasons as well![imgur](https://i.imgur.com/SCqThCV.jpg)? :D

>

>

Well, I think this new device will not become as popular as the first one, since it has less then half of the notifications, so I am hoping they will spruce it up some. :)

I want to add that for the HOT Meta-events, due to the need for organization etc, the current notification time is much too short. Anyone relying on this device is going to get the empty overflow map making it essentially useless. I suggest at least 30mins advance notice for events happening in HOT. 10mins is probably OK for the Maguuma Wastes map.

This was discussed on reddit too,

Honestly this item is useless, anyone who does them maps will know if you port into them in the 10 mins before the meta starts, theres a good chance you arent getting on the main map, ( esp TD ) you might get enough for AB and VB but again it could be close depending on time of day,

Furthermore, what Anet has effectively done here is say to players, DO NOT worry about going to a meta map and doing events leading up to the final fight, they are now actively encouraging players to ignore the 90 mins worth of build up time and just spawn in for final rewards.

Like i said on reddit on the topic, anyone who has been doing these metas before wont buy this item, im not sure who its marketed at, but it really has no place, also given the fact that HoT was released 3 1/2 years ago now, i have to ask myself, why are they putting it into the game now, other than a clear cash grab.

I'm fine with the way the new portal device works. LS2 is old and wouldn't make much sense at this point to add a tome or map portals for just 2 maps and it ties in (sort of) to HOT which makes sense to add it to this device.

LS3 and LS4 already have set tomes and portal devices albeit without timers, but they don't require gems to purchase them, so it's the good with the bad. But, LS2 was just kind of out there on its own and though many people have already done the content or can get there easily 1) On Foot, 2) Via Nobles Foley 3) Via a Gh, many others do not have access to these methods of travel or simply don't want to walk every new character to these locations.

> @"justkoh.4073" said:

> I want to add that for the HOT Meta-events, due to the need for organization etc, the current notification time is much too short. Anyone relying on this device is going to get the empty overflow map making it essentially useless. I suggest at least 30mins advance notice for events happening in HOT. 10mins is probably OK for the Maguuma Wastes map.

This is why I park a character at the Auric Basin meta and another on Verdant Break near the shipwreck WP so it can cover VB and Silverwastes.

> @"Ok I Did It.2854" said:

> This was discussed on reddit too,

>

> Honestly this item is useless, anyone who does them maps will know if you port into them in the 10 mins before the meta starts, theres a good chance you arent getting on the main map, ( esp TD ) you might get enough for AB and VB but again it could be close depending on time of day,

>

> Furthermore, what Anet has effectively done here is say to players, DO NOT worry about going to a meta map and doing events leading up to the final fight, they are now actively encouraging players to ignore the 90 mins worth of build up time and just spawn in for final rewards.

>

> Like i said on reddit on the topic, anyone who has been doing these metas before wont buy this item, im not sure who its marketed at, but it really has no place, also given the fact that HoT was released 3 1/2 years ago now, i have to ask myself, why are they putting it into the game now, other than a clear cash grab.

Cash is always good especially given recent circumstantances. But, while some may not find the item useful, others will, because not everyone cares about pre events, they just want a reminder for the meta.

Hot and SW/DT seems a weird one to choose because of the age of the content, but that's not to say a POF device isn't coming and since those are the maps complained about most often I'd expect it is coming soon, but if it had started with a POF device, people may have questioned why HOT didn't get one first.

Anyway, I hope a POF one is coming and that they're using the Mag portal as a beta to see what could be modified on a POF one.