Increase rewards for pof meta events

Too many players are obsessed with rewards and will only do events for the reward.

The concept of playing the game to have fun is completely lost on most.

And this is reflected in many posts on these forums.

I want more rewards, or the existing rewards arnt good enuf.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"mauried.5608" said:

> Too many players are obsessed with rewards and will only do events for the reward.

> The concept of playing the game to have fun is completely lost on most.

> And this is reflected in many posts on these forums.

> I want more rewards, or the existing rewards arnt good enuf.

>

>

Game is heavy tuned around reward and mat/gold sink. You can't swing a cat to don't hit a questing/collection that is gold sink. What exactly players need to want in such a game?

Most players done things for fun but it can't be be fun for dozen time around, can it?

> @"phs.6089" said:

> Game is heavy tuned around reward and mat/gold sink.

That depends entirely on how you look at it. Personally I prefer to let my gameplay be guided by what looks fun to me. Whenever I come across a reward I'd like to have, I check the requirements. If I'm close to getting it done I might go do content that helps me finishing it (but only as long as it doesn't bore me). If not I'll keep it in mind to check later, and usually a lot of the mats/requirements have "magically" appeared next time I check just from playing all kinds of stuff. I could choose the content to play entirely based on the rewards expected, but why do that when most of the "work" does itself if you just play what's fun (provided your idea of fun does offer a bit of variety).

Fun fact: When I found my one and only precursor a while back, I checked my material storage and currency wallet to see how hard it would be to craft the legendary (as it happened to be the only one I was really interested in). Despite the fact that it was one of those rare days when the trading post was down, I was able to craft my legendary exclusively from resources I had collected over the years. There was no farming involved at all.

> @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > Game is heavy tuned around reward and mat/gold sink.

> That depends entirely on how you look at it. Personally I prefer to let my gameplay be guided by what looks fun to me. Whenever I come across a reward I'd like to have, I check the requirements. If I'm close to getting it done I might go do content that helps me finishing it (but only as long as it doesn't bore me). If not I'll keep it in mind to check later, and usually a lot of the mats/requirements have "magically" appeared next time I check just from playing all kinds of stuff. I could choose the content to play entirely based on the rewards expected, but why do that when most of the "work" does itself if you just play what's fun (provided your idea of fun does offer a bit of variety).

>

> Fun fact: When I found my one and only precursor a while back, I checked my material storage and currency wallet to see how hard it would be to craft the legendary (as it happened to be the only one I was really interested in). Despite the fact that it was one of those rare days when the trading post was down, I was able to craft my legendary exclusively from resources I had collected over the years. There was no farming involved at all.

That is exactly what people are asking, give rewards for PoF so people would go have fun and in the end look at mats storage ans see they got 1 step closer to whaeve they are aiming. At the moment you look at the loot from PoF and ... nothing.

> @"Perisemiotics.4579" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Einlanzer.1627" said:

> > > > @"AlexxxDelta.1806" said:

> > > > > @"Einlanzer.1627" said:

> > > > > The problem with PoF maps isnt' really meta rewards - it's extreme difficulty/tedium traversing them to attain those rewards.

> > > > >

> > > > > They need to nerf mobs and mob behavior. Period.

> > > >

> > > > HoT maps are harder to traverse, with deadlier mobs and yet its metas are more popular.

> > >

> > > Since when?

> >

> > October 2015

>

> September 2017 actually.

You wrong mate Ayrilana is right heart of thorns was released october 2015

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2:_Heart_of_Thorns

The reply to the question when hot maps were harder to traverse and more popular.

Its harder then both path of fire and core, since it wasent stated witch ayrilana is right due to it being harder then core when released.

> @"mauried.5608" said:

> Too many players are obsessed with rewards and will only do events for the reward.

>

>

Fun and good rewards aren't mutually exclusive, you can have both. And this is a non-arguement when it comes to MMOs, a genre built around rewards. In a single-player game, you have fun with it, play from start to end and then move on to the next. If everyone does that in an MMO though, it will die within a year. MMOs have content that is meant to be replayed over and over again and since repetition kills fun, the only way to achieve that is a carrot at the end of a stick.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"AlexxxDelta.1806" said:

>

> > Fun and good rewards aren't mutually exclusive, you can have both.

> True, but part of the problem, IMO, is discovering what rewards everyone wants which is probably impossible to develop into the game as there are so many variables.

In other games maybe but not in GW2. The way this game is designed, the vast majority of endgame goals revolve around gold. It's the main reason the "looting" experience is a bit underwhelming in GW2. Seeing something exciting coming out of that champ bag is extremely rare but you will use all those green and blues to get more gold and buy the thing you want from the TP . So it's safe to assume gold is the undisputed "king" of rewards in this game.

> @"mauried.5608" said:

>

>

It's true we are but meeting goals especially legendary weapon goals is very time consuming in terms of cost of materials that should be farmed.

I think it's a failure for anet to have such lackluster rewards in their CURRENT expansion to such a extent that players are forced to do old content. That's not good publishing.

A simple hero's choice box with choice of amalgamated gemstone or funerary incense would free those players up to enjoy pof and meet said goals.

Its not only about gold or loot, its mostly about the availability of the content.

I like to hunt for achievement and as of today i'm at 61/100 on ''saving the City of Gold'' if i keep on at once a day, twice or more on my days off, i'll be done within a month.

I'm 5/6 on ''shadow of a shadow'' and im missing the ''realm-Portal Spiker'' achievement. The way things are now, its not gonna happens since that meta gets barely done.