WvW Berserker?

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Gunflame yolo berserker is actually very fun in WvW. You won't last too long, but you can obliterate most enemies pretty fast. Positioning and having an escape plan B is crucial if you want this build to work and don't want to die all the time.

Strength, Discipline, Berserker. Blood Reckoning, Signet of Might, Signet of Fury, Shake It Off and Signet of Rage.

All traits for max dps. In Discipline, you take Destruction of the Empowered. It is quite impressive how good DotE is.

It is high risk, high reward build. Surprise is crucial for this build to work.

This build is pretty bad for zerging where you are limited by space, unless you are carried hard by support.

For roaming, it depends on enemy if they know how to fight this build. If you surprise them and one/two-shot them, then there is nothing to discuss.

You can always take Defense over Strength and be more durable, but burst damages will be significantly lower.

> @"cryorion.9532" said:

> Gunflame yolo berserker is actually very fun in WvW. You won't last too long, but you can obliterate most enemies pretty fast. Positioning and having an escape plan B is crucial if you want this build to work and don't want to die all the time.

>

> Strength, Discipline, Berserker. Blood Reckoning, Signet of Might, Signet of Fury, Shake It Off and Signet of Rage.

> All traits for max dps. In Discipline, you take Destruction of the Empowered. It is quite impressive how good DotE is.

> It is high risk, high reward build. Surprise is crucial for this build to work.

>

> This build is pretty bad for zerging where you are limited by space, unless you are carried hard by support.

> For roaming, it depends on enemy if they know how to fight this build. If you surprise them and one/two-shot them, then there is nothing to discuss.

> You can always take Defense over Strength and be more durable, but burst damages will be significantly lower.

but why would you play gunflame warrior if you could achieve the same thing but a lot stronger and with a lot more surviveability/mobility and more range and more cc with soulbeast?

> @"Ferus.3165" said:

> for roaming: don't play warrior

> for zerg: play spellbreaker

> never: play berserker (in wvw/pvp (should be a bannable offense) and this will probably not change with the next balance patch)

What are you talking about? Warrior is one of strongest roaming classes.

> @"Ferus.3165" said:

> > @"cryorion.9532" said:

> > Gunflame yolo berserker is actually very fun in WvW. You won't last too long, but you can obliterate most enemies pretty fast. Positioning and having an escape plan B is crucial if you want this build to work and don't want to die all the time.

> >

> > Strength, Discipline, Berserker. Blood Reckoning, Signet of Might, Signet of Fury, Shake It Off and Signet of Rage.

> > All traits for max dps. In Discipline, you take Destruction of the Empowered. It is quite impressive how good DotE is.

> > It is high risk, high reward build. Surprise is crucial for this build to work.

> >

> > This build is pretty bad for zerging where you are limited by space, unless you are carried hard by support.

> > For roaming, it depends on enemy if they know how to fight this build. If you surprise them and one/two-shot them, then there is nothing to discuss.

> > You can always take Defense over Strength and be more durable, but burst damages will be significantly lower.

>

> but why would you play gunflame warrior if you could achieve the same thing but a lot stronger and with a lot more surviveability/mobility and more range and more cc with soulbeast?

Because I enjoy playing warrior and I don't like other classes? Yes, Soulbeast is disgusting, low effort, high reward broken spec.

Playing Berserker is matter of enjoyment while not caring about the most effective build/spec there is. It feels good when you see small groups of 3-5 people getting shredded with double Gunflame, Signet of Might active effect and Destruction of the Empowered. It is fun to play because most people don't expect it and get destroyed :D

> @"cryorion.9532" said:

> > @"Ferus.3165" said:

> > > @"cryorion.9532" said:

> > > Gunflame yolo berserker is actually very fun in WvW. You won't last too long, but you can obliterate most enemies pretty fast. Positioning and having an escape plan B is crucial if you want this build to work and don't want to die all the time.

> > >

> > > Strength, Discipline, Berserker. Blood Reckoning, Signet of Might, Signet of Fury, Shake It Off and Signet of Rage.

> > > All traits for max dps. In Discipline, you take Destruction of the Empowered. It is quite impressive how good DotE is.

> > > It is high risk, high reward build. Surprise is crucial for this build to work.

> > >

> > > This build is pretty bad for zerging where you are limited by space, unless you are carried hard by support.

> > > For roaming, it depends on enemy if they know how to fight this build. If you surprise them and one/two-shot them, then there is nothing to discuss.

> > > You can always take Defense over Strength and be more durable, but burst damages will be significantly lower.

> >

> > but why would you play gunflame warrior if you could achieve the same thing but a lot stronger and with a lot more surviveability/mobility and more range and more cc with soulbeast?

>

> Because I enjoy playing warrior and I don't like other classes? Yes, Soulbeast is disgusting, low effort, high reward broken spec.

> Playing Berserker is matter of enjoyment while not caring about the most effective build/spec there is. It feels good when you see small groups of 3-5 people getting shredded with double Gunflame, Signet of Might active effect and Destruction of the Empowered. It is fun to play because most people don't expect it and get destroyed :D

Yeah, I’m going to be using it as a funsies build. I’ll try it out. Can’t wait for the patch to hit!

Honestly, with the amount of bad players in WvW these days, you can get away with running berserker but you'll have to run quadruple stances or you're pretty much toast, if you go into melee, that is.

As for the patch tomorrow, it's cool that we get 3 stacks of adrenal health/berserker's power upon entering berserk. That's a great change imo.

The rest we'll have to experiment with tomorrow. ;)

> @"rdigeri.7935" said:

> > @"Kraljevo.2801" said:

> > As for the patch tomorrow, it's cool that we get 3 stacks of adrenal health/berserker's power upon entering berserk. That's a great change imo.

>

> I think you only get the stacks if you hit something with the cast..

>

that would be hilarious, any player with good reaction times/animation knowlegde can totally prevent the warrior from

1) or entering berserker at all (headshot, power lock, name random cc)

2) prevent the damage portion off berserker by side stepping, blind, teleport, name random gtfo skill

then you are left with zero adrenaline, zero stacks of berserkers power/adrenal health at best

at worst,

berserker on 15 sec cd, and no burst skills at all

yet here people are praising the change, that while needed sounds "strange" on paper so far

> @"melandru.3876" said:

> > @"rdigeri.7935" said:

> > > @"Kraljevo.2801" said:

> > > As for the patch tomorrow, it's cool that we get 3 stacks of adrenal health/berserker's power upon entering berserk. That's a great change imo.

> >

> > I think you only get the stacks if you hit something with the cast..

> >

>

> that would be hilarious, any player with good reaction times/animation knowlegde can totally prevent the warrior from

>

> 1) or entering berserker at all (headshot, power lock, name random cc)

> 2) prevent the damage portion off berserker by side stepping, blind, teleport, name random gtfo skill

>

> then you are left with zero adrenaline, zero stacks of berserkers power/adrenal health at best

>

> at worst,

> berserker on 15 sec cd, and no burst skills at all

>

> yet here people are praising the change, that while needed sounds "strange" on paper so far

From a PvE perspectiv its awesome.

For any typ of pvp however....

It can be interupted.....

And im pretty sure you need to hit with the B-Form dmg to get trait benefits.

Lets hope im wrong!!!

> @"melandru.3876" said:

> > > As for the patch tomorrow, it's cool that we get 3 stacks of adrenal health/berserker's power upon entering berserk. That's a great change imo.

> >

> >

>

> that would be hilarious, any player with good reaction times/animation knowlegde can totally prevent the warrior from

>

> 2) prevent the damage portion off berserker by side stepping, blind, teleport, name random gtfo skill

>

> then you are left with zero adrenaline, zero stacks of berserkers power/adrenal health at best

>

> at worst,

>

> yet here people are praising the change, that while needed sounds "strange" on paper so far

That's going to be such a low occurrence scenario. Maybe if duels were a thing or the 1 vs. 1 PVP at the highest levels of player competency that's a problem. But then again, if you are against places that are THAT adept at reading their opponents, then I think interrupting berserker is the least of the problems a warrior player will have. Warrior just doesn't have that actions it can take to make highly capable players that read opponents get tricked up.

TLDR ... warrior already suffers from being read by highly skilled players because of it's minimum access to actions.

> @"melandru.3876" said:

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

> at worst,

>

What will be the berserker cast time?

Can confirm that Berserk cast time is 1/4. So not *too* bad honestly but still something someone can interrupt. It lasts 15 seconds untraited and 20 seconds when traited with Smash Brawler.

As for Decapitate its a 300 range attack, still has a similar effect that looks like a cone attack (still only hits 1 target) but seems like it still has a decently visible pre-cast animation its just not a leap anymore but still removes immob (probably unintended but I'm fine with it).

Arc Divider is essentially a faster Guardian GS2 due to Berserk Modes with a much wider radius. Not sure if you get Adrenal Health for each time it hits, which I doubt you do, but thats something worth just testing. The cast time on it is still *not* great since its still nerfed like it was but its 3 hits to dodge now instead of 2. Not sure if any will hit if someone dodges, the evade duration from dodge might still exceed the length of the attacks. We'll see.

As for everything else, Bloody Roar lost some functionality but the 20% damage increase is nice I guess. Wouldn't mind some additional effect to it just to make it more interesting but I'm not gonna complain about a 20% damage bonus. Eternal Champion can off-set the squishiness and potentially still allow the use of Headbutt for extra CC out of a stunbreak since it still retains some of its previous functionality.

Edit: A little update. I'm not sure the +300 power +300 Condition Damage and -300 Toughness are actually applying to your stats. At least it doesn't show on your equipment window. Possible bug.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"Tinnel.4369" said:

> > It's 1/4 second cast time

>

> Ok and people complain that it'll be too easy to intentionally interrupt?

We didn't know what the cast time was until *today*, bud. There was a *concern* prior to this information that it might be too long of a cast time and therefore very easy to interrupt or just slow you down in a fight too much.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"Tinnel.4369" said:

> > It's 1/4 second cast time

>

> Ok and people complain that it'll be too easy to intentionally interrupt?

Oh, I don't know about that, it's a pretty small window. If we really get a full 3 condi clears from cleansing ire and 3 stacks of adrenal health I'm pretty excited for both power and hybrid build testing.

> @"KryTiKaL.3125" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > @"Tinnel.4369" said:

> > > It's 1/4 second cast time

> >

> > Ok and people complain that it'll be too easy to intentionally interrupt?

>

> We didn't know what the cast time was until *today*, bud.

That was my point, don't cry about something before knowing the numbers because what's the point?

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"KryTiKaL.3125" said:

> > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > @"Tinnel.4369" said:

> > > > It's 1/4 second cast time

> > >

> > > Ok and people complain that it'll be too easy to intentionally interrupt?

> >

> > We didn't know what the cast time was until *today*, bud.

>

> That was my point, don't cry about something before knowing the numbers because what's the point?

>

>

Expressing a valid concern over something we don't yet know about isn't complaining. Different "C" words. Thats why there were people saying "We'll see."

Read. The. Context.

"Oh I'm worried about my interview tomorrow. I hope it goes well."

Is that a complaint?

> @"KryTiKaL.3125" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > @"KryTiKaL.3125" said:

> > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > @"Tinnel.4369" said:

> > > > > It's 1/4 second cast time

> > > >

> > > > Ok and people complain that it'll be too easy to intentionally interrupt?

> > >

> > > We didn't know what the cast time was until *today*, bud.

> >

> > That was my point, don't cry about something before knowing the numbers because what's the point?

> >

> >

>

> Expressing a valid concern over something we don't yet know about isn't complaining. Different "C" words. Thats why there were people saying "We'll see."

>

> Read. The. Context.

People writing that "you won't be able to use berserker without having it interrupted without hiding in a bush" isn't a valid concern and it seems users on this forum like to just demonize any change without even knowing the numbers on the reworked skills. I asked about cast time in one thread, no answer, I go to another thread "GG CAST TIME, UNUSABLE". :sleeping: