Hey PvE players, are you all ok with how things are going or you want some changes made to PvE

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Cross Santiago.6327" said:

> I'd like a little bit of death penalty.

> If someone dies, then all their stuff will be left at that particular location in a corpse.

> If they die while retrieving their corpse, then subtract skill points(skill points can no longer be accumulated over the total of what they need)

> A certain percentage of their gold will be given to the murderous NPC.

> Anyone who kill that NPC will be rewarded said gold.

But then players would purposefully kite NPCs to other players to get them killed so they can take their gold. PvE is a cooperative game type, not competitive, so having that added would only harm PvE.

Most of the things here i like! i definitely prefer the place to wow

One thing they did periodically in wow was invasions- a major city/ capital would be 'invaded' by whoever was the bad guy at the time (actually it would be just outside the capital etc)

It was a bit like a bigger version of our group events

Large numbers of players would turn up to fight off the invasion. It was a lot of fun...

Id love to see stuff like this, perhaps with player success failure setting off a large scale chain event (again similar to current ones but bigger)

It helps make the place feel more alive.

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> I'd like to see them slow the pace of new content . . .

?

So, I should just not play the game for a year, let them get those 3 tiny updates, and then come back after a year for a 2-week content?

Yeah, no thank you, it is bad as it is now for veteran players. We get so small content that I am basically afking this game and playing other games.

In the future, I would like to see content more like HoT and less like PoF.

I want more epic group meta events (like Chak garnet or Mordremoth boss fight), more vertical progression maps, and with that, I want better and more rewards.

This is what the PVE needs!

> @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> I had a question for the PvE community in GW2. Are you all ok with how the current PvE is doing, or do you want some kind of changes made to PvE? if so, what?

I would love the game to go back to the GW1 system for skills, armor, professions. Not gonna happen. ;) Also miss its writing style (quality of dialogue, type of humor, dramaturgy).

> @"Tommo Chocolate.5870" said:

>

> There was [a thread about this](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/872657 "a thread about this") a while ago, and those spirit shards aren't being banked since the "hidden experience bar" doesn't gain experience while it's hidden. Basically a dev explained it in quite a confusing and ambiguous way, and some people (very understandably) misinterpreted it.

>

Ouch. In that case, I really, really, really want some kind of repeatable exp bar we can switch to once we've filled the current bar. I hate feeling like I'm not getting any progress and it even discourages me from playing some characters.

> @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> This is what the PVE needs!

In your opinion.

My opinion is completely opposite. I believe PvE needs less HoT-style content especially in light of the hue and cry upon release, the subsequent hard nerf and the many threads on the forum that gripe about those zones.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

>

> > This is what the PVE needs!

> In your opinion.

>

> My opinion is completely opposite. I believe PvE needs less HoT-style content especially in light of the hue and cry upon release, the subsequent hard nerf and the many threads on the forum that gripe about those zones.

>

Somewhere in the middle myself- i love the idea of epic events that naturally draw people together, but i do not have fond memories at all of some parts of HOT/Living world S3 (specifically tangled depths, and the caudecus fight was the closest ive been to rage quitting in years)

> @"Mikali.9651" said:

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > I'd like to see them slow the pace of new content . . .

>

> ?

> So, I should just not play the game for a year, let them get those 3 tiny updates, and then come back after a year for a 2-week content?

> Yeah, no thank you, it is bad as it is now for veteran players. We get so small content that I am basically afking this game and playing other games.

Your confusion stems from your apparent belief that everyone should want what you want, an error I avoided by simply answering the OP's question . . .

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

>

> > This is what the PVE needs!

> In your opinion.

>

> My opinion is completely opposite. I believe PvE needs less HoT-style content especially in light of the hue and cry upon release, the subsequent hard nerf and the many threads on the forum that gripe about those zones.

>

Despite what vocal minority wants us to believe, HoT has significantly higher rating at Amazon than PoF.

As a long time player I am very unhappy with the PvE content. It's quality is great but it's application is far too slow. I cannot appreciate any of the story because I am waiting at least three months for three hours of story, I lose interest in the plot and I feel cheated that legendary weapons promised in HoT are content buffers.

Too much effort is being put into gem store items, there is often little reason to log in unless you wish to buy gem store items so you often fall out of the loop with living world and end up having to pay for it.

There is so much older content that could be used for engaging material. Consider a system where once every ten minutes a random event in a random map occurs and there is a notification for all level eighty players, completing the event or even a heart grants a great reward, or a currency for unique skins and gamble packs, many non-monetary currency earned from the events that have a one in one ten thousand potential of precursors, super rare skins like pseudo legendary skins and infusions. Have a separate system with separate rewards for Core, HoT and PoF. Each with their own rotation and unique rewards. This would produce incentive for every player to attend events at all stages of each map so new players have a rush of players helping them, like a flash mob, players who feel alone in the strands of devastation getting a surge of players rush through to aid them. Even jumping puzzles could not be safe from the rush of greedy players!

> @"MoriMoriMori.5349" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> >

> > > This is what the PVE needs!

> > In your opinion.

> >

> > My opinion is completely opposite. I believe PvE needs less HoT-style content especially in light of the hue and cry upon release, the subsequent hard nerf and the many threads on the forum that gripe about those zones.

> >

>

> Despite what vocal minority wants us to believe, HoT has significantly higher rating at Amazon than PoF.

Yeah, neither the vocal minority nor Amazon ratings are accurate metrics. Only ANet knows for certain. {shrug}

> @"BlueJin.4127" said:

>

> 1) Too many unhealthily bright camera flashes.

>

> 2) Too much visual clutter when doing large group events

Turn off post processing > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> I agree on visual clutter being bad. And YOU need to be able to turn off nameplates as its a struggle to see anything in meleee range in zergs due to nameplate spam.

> And theres nothing wrong with the aggro range, pof is much easier to play in than hot. And even if its actually true, at least some challenge have to remain in pve easymode openworld. Its a nonissue.

Turn off player names