Dagger Storm

Sylanna.1947

Impro okey, but no point contribution while using it what?... thief can barely hold a point for seconds now with daggerstorm you can save some time till your bunker arrives, also it can be still interrupted with marks etc...., if thief cant contribute to points whil DS then the minimum is to add this function to Rampage aswell, also thief could stealth+backstab before 1sec icd and still dont loose point contribution but now it happens so often that you would like to not loose your point that a gua started to contest yet you cant come out of stealth because oh you missed backstab 1 sec icd o he is using heal skill too bad he captured the point cos you cant get out of stealth...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see how Dagger Storm is problematic. Its just an evade frame thief needs. Damage is a decent, arguably low even given it spreads the shooting daggers around rather ten focusing on a target. Instant recharge comes from the trait Improvisation which recharges a **_RANDOM_** skill. Which means its not bound to DS in specific. Sure it reflects projectile too, but that is easily avoidable. Really i feel like you must be a brainless ranger that doesnt pay attention to the thief, and shoot rapid fire into ds in order to complain about this skill. There are far more worse broken stuff out there

> @"Sylanna.1947" said:

> When every single thief in pvp is running the same elite, it's time to do something about this ridiculous god-mode skill. And the fact that improv can instantly recharge it is just BS. I don't know how there aren't more complaints about it since it's been over-tuned for so long.. I guess there were bigger fish to fry?

Cause others elite suck and thieves has been so nerfed from the Deadeye introduction that the Daggers Storm choice is mandatory.

Instead of asking always and only nerf, try to ask for a TRUE balance.

> @"praqtos.9035" said:

> As I said before 1 daggerstorm is fine, its overloaded af , reflect-damage bouncing on enemies-conditions-evasion-50% movespeed boost for 4s and contest point while doing so but its never should be recharged by improvisaiton each 20 seconds.

Each 20 seconds? Do you know how Improvisation works?

"One random skill category is immediately recharged when you steal."

So it means Steal may recharges Venoms, Traps, Physical, ecc.. and not Tricks.

I have to agree, though I would like to see others buffed, and ot have this one nerfed. I just started playing my thief because I like the idea of DD, like a monk in other games, and the rest seem much less useful as I'm leveling (at 50 now). I'm sure it's just the fact that my focus is just damage at this point, but I always go back to it.

> @"SehferViega.8725" said:

> > @"Sylanna.1947" said:

> > When every single thief in pvp is running the same elite, it's time to do something about this ridiculous god-mode skill. And the fact that improv can instantly recharge it is just BS. I don't know how there aren't more complaints about it since it's been over-tuned for so long.. I guess there were bigger fish to fry?

>

> Cause others elite suck and thieves has been so nerfed from the Deadeye introduction that the Daggers Storm choice is mandatory.

>

> Instead of asking always and only nerf, try to ask for a TRUE balance.

Very true.

Unfortunately most of the community dislike the class they would rather see it gutted to the point seeing one means free bag .Arenet unfortunately seems to be helping that realization come true for the community

> @"Sylanna.1947" said:

> why the hell did this get moved from the PVP forum where I posted it?

Because it's about thief and only thief threads get moved apparently. Notice the other threads about profs(scrapper) or specific mechanics(rampage, arc divider) remain in pvp forum for cross-profession discussion. Whereas the thief threads about Daredevil nerfs and Daggerstorm get moved to individual forums to die in an echo chamber of thief mains.

My comment may seem facetious but I really don't see under what criteria the threads get moved.

> @"killy.3278" said:

> > why the hell did this get moved from the PVP forum where I posted it?

>

> Because it's about thief and only thief threads get moved apparently. Notice the other threads about profs(scrapper) or specific mechanics(rampage, arc divider) remain in pvp forum for cross-profession discussion. Whereas the thief threads about Daredevil nerfs and Daggerstorm get moved to individual forums to die in an echo chamber of thief mains.

>

> My comment may seem facetious but I really don't see under what criteria the threads get moved.

Apparently you're right because there are a ton of class specific and skill specific threads that are in the PvP forum already. Zero sense why this gets moved here

Whenever I see a Staff Daredevil doing Daggerstorm in blob fights, just drop Line of Warding and R.I.P to them... or when I'm Roaming/PvPing with Discharge Holo to use Shield 5: Static Shield (Electrify your shield, preparing to throw it at foes. If you are hit, the shield discharges, stunning your nearby attacker) or on my Power Core Mesmer/Mirage just Mass Invisibility/Illusionary Ambush. I really don't see the point nerfing something that does not have stability (which Anet removed it during October 02, 2018 patch) and can easily be waited out, it's a good elite for Core Thief players to survive being shot at by Perma Stealth Deadeye, Unblockable Boonbeast, Gunflame, DH Trapper (True Shot 1500 range) so, please don't nerf it ._.

> @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > @"Edge.8724" said:

> > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > I always thought Daggerstorm shouldnt be an evade, but more of a projectile block...but thats just my opinion

> >

> > It was a projectile block before its rework.

>

> Thats what I thought. No idea why they changed it to a full out evade

Because it used to be basically unusable as an elite. Its now a bit too strong, but at least you can actually use it and not be trolling.

> @"Sylanna.1947" said:

> When every single thief in pvp is running the same elite, it's time to do something about this ridiculous god-mode skill. And the fact that improv can instantly recharge it is just BS. I don't know how there aren't more complaints about it since it's been over-tuned for so long.. I guess there were bigger fish to fry?

Because thiefs elites barely compare to other specs kits. And the pre buff dagger storm was basically a death sentence for the user.

> @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > When every single thief in pvp is running the same elite, it's time to do something about this ridiculous god-mode skill. And the fact that improv can instantly recharge it is just BS. I don't know how there aren't more complaints about it since it's been over-tuned for so long.. I guess there were bigger fish to fry?

>

> Because thiefs elites barely compare to other specs kits. And the pre buff dagger storm was basically a death sentence for the user.

I really wish players that keep thinking thief is OP would try running the spec and see how easy and often u get destroyed in a fight and how often some classes can actually catch u when trying to escape and stomp u,and not be full of it and just post saying they have tried thief and it was easy to get downs like seems to be the case more often than not.