Why do poeple make such a big fuss about no downstate when it is the norm in 90% of other games?

Anput.4620

> @"Anput.4620" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > cuz this game isn't other games

>

> And? No argument on why downstate is good/bad given here. When i went in and died suddenly because i forgot about the event i was a bit shook, then i realised that i was being kind of silly because i was shook *about the fact that my character died when they were killed*.

I don't get this line of thinking ... why would anyone care what other games do and how should that at all influence how Anet develops GW2?

There is no And? .... If people wanted what 90% of other games offered, they would play those games. People play this game because it's NOT like the other 90% of games out there.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > cuz this game isn't other games

> >

> > And? No argument on why downstate is good/bad given here. When i went in and died suddenly because i forgot about the event i was a bit shook, then i realised that i was being kind of silly because i was shook *about the fact that my character died when they were killed*.

>

> I don't get this line of thinking ... why would anyone care what other games do and how should that at all influence how Anet develops GW2?

>

> There is no And? .... If people wanted what 90% of other games offered, they would play those games. People play this game because it's NOT like the other 90% of games out there.

Oh god it's you again.

No, poeple don't play this game specifically because there is a WvW mode with mounts, most poeple don't even play for WvW.

> @"Anput.4620" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > cuz this game isn't other games

> > >

> > > And? No argument on why downstate is good/bad given here. When i went in and died suddenly because i forgot about the event i was a bit shook, then i realised that i was being kind of silly because i was shook *about the fact that my character died when they were killed*.

> >

> > I don't get this line of thinking ... why would anyone care what other games do and how should that at all influence how Anet develops GW2?

> >

> > There is no And? .... If people wanted what 90% of other games offered, they would play those games. People play this game because it's NOT like the other 90% of games out there.

>

> Oh god it's you again.

>

> No, poeple don't play this game specifically because there is a WvW mode with mounts, most poeple don't even play for WvW.

I didn't say they did. I said they aren't playing GW2 because of what 90% of what other games do. So the idea that 90% of what other games do is completely irrelevant to how Anet develops their game. That's not hard to understand. Why is the continuing theme with you trying so hard to desire GW2 to be like other games? That's it's whole appeal .. that it's NOT like other games, because if people want the 'other game' experience, they aren't going to play GW2.

Sounds to me like you aren't playing the right game, not that GW2 doesn't do something the way you think it should.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > > cuz this game isn't other games

> > > >

> > > > And? No argument on why downstate is good/bad given here. When i went in and died suddenly because i forgot about the event i was a bit shook, then i realised that i was being kind of silly because i was shook *about the fact that my character died when they were killed*.

> > >

> > > I don't get this line of thinking ... why would anyone care what other games do and how should that at all influence how Anet develops GW2?

> > >

> > > There is no And? .... If people wanted what 90% of other games offered, they would play those games. People play this game because it's NOT like the other 90% of games out there.

> >

> > Oh god it's you again.

> >

> > No, poeple don't play this game specifically because there is a WvW mode with mounts, most poeple don't even play for WvW.

>

> I didn't say they did. I said they aren't playing GW2 because of what 90% of what other games do. So the idea that 90% of what other games do is completely irrelevant to how Anet develops their game. That's not hard to understand. Why is the continuing theme with you trying so hard to desire GW2 to be like other games? That's it's whole appeal .. that it's NOT like other games, because if people want the 'other game' experience, they aren't going to play GW2.

>

> Sounds to me like you aren't playing the right game, not that GW2 doesn't do something the way you think it should.

I am sure poeple don't play for downstate, you have to look on the merits and redeemable qualities of the mechanic, currently it only benefits the outnumbering side which means it is a failsafe snowball mechanic that rewards you for dying, which is just bad design overall. Why should a game have handholding mechanics that reward the losing/outnumbering side? It makes zero logical sense.

On mounts, it's been like that for 6 years so your argument has no real ground on "this is just how the game was designed" because it wasn't designed like that, heck, they didn't even want to include mounts into wvw in the first place, it was just a random afterthought post PoF *launch* for example.

> @"Anput.4620" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > > > cuz this game isn't other games

> > > > >

> > > > > And? No argument on why downstate is good/bad given here. When i went in and died suddenly because i forgot about the event i was a bit shook, then i realised that i was being kind of silly because i was shook *about the fact that my character died when they were killed*.

> > > >

> > > > I don't get this line of thinking ... why would anyone care what other games do and how should that at all influence how Anet develops GW2?

> > > >

> > > > There is no And? .... If people wanted what 90% of other games offered, they would play those games. People play this game because it's NOT like the other 90% of games out there.

> > >

> > > Oh god it's you again.

> > >

> > > No, poeple don't play this game specifically because there is a WvW mode with mounts, most poeple don't even play for WvW.

> >

> > I didn't say they did. I said they aren't playing GW2 because of what 90% of what other games do. So the idea that 90% of what other games do is completely irrelevant to how Anet develops their game. That's not hard to understand. Why is the continuing theme with you trying so hard to desire GW2 to be like other games? That's it's whole appeal .. that it's NOT like other games, because if people want the 'other game' experience, they aren't going to play GW2.

> >

> > Sounds to me like you aren't playing the right game, not that GW2 doesn't do something the way you think it should.

>

> I am sure poeple don't play for downstate, you have to look on the merits and redeemable qualities of the mechanic, currently it only benefits the outnumbering side which means it is a failsafe snowball mechanic that rewards you for dying, which is just bad design overall. Why should a game have handholding mechanics that reward the losing/outnumbering side? It makes zero logical sense.

>

> On mounts, it's been like that for 6 years so your argument has no real ground on "this is just how the game was designed" because it wasn't designed like that, heck, they didn't even want to include mounts into wvw in the first place, it was just a random afterthought post PoF *launch* for example.

>

>

downstate benefits everyone, not just the outnumbering. the better players will use it better, just like any other mechanic.

WvW is basically a larger scale of our conquest in spvp: larger teams, larger maps, more objectives, more complex objectives, longer match duration etc.

obviously WvW is unbalanced mainly in its population as it is pretty much impossible to fill the teams for an entire match with roughly equally skilled players. this results in people being able to fight outnumbered and win regularly. but playing like that doesnt make any sense for the mode itself, therefor its stupid to expect anet to encourage people to play like that. if you mainly fight rather even numbered fights or try to rotate in a way that you outnumber your opponent mostly, then downedstate is just another combat mechanic.

i mean i also wish they removed all res skills/traits and slowed rezzing down a bit so there is a risk to pick up people and reduce the amount of times one can go down in a short time, but i wouldnt expect anet to do anything to make it easier for people to exploit their advantage in experience. if they nerf/remove downedstate then more likely because of other reasons.

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > > > > cuz this game isn't other games

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And? No argument on why downstate is good/bad given here. When i went in and died suddenly because i forgot about the event i was a bit shook, then i realised that i was being kind of silly because i was shook *about the fact that my character died when they were killed*.

> > > > >

> > > > > I don't get this line of thinking ... why would anyone care what other games do and how should that at all influence how Anet develops GW2?

> > > > >

> > > > > There is no And? .... If people wanted what 90% of other games offered, they would play those games. People play this game because it's NOT like the other 90% of games out there.

> > > >

> > > > Oh god it's you again.

> > > >

> > > > No, poeple don't play this game specifically because there is a WvW mode with mounts, most poeple don't even play for WvW.

> > >

> > > I didn't say they did. I said they aren't playing GW2 because of what 90% of what other games do. So the idea that 90% of what other games do is completely irrelevant to how Anet develops their game. That's not hard to understand. Why is the continuing theme with you trying so hard to desire GW2 to be like other games? That's it's whole appeal .. that it's NOT like other games, because if people want the 'other game' experience, they aren't going to play GW2.

> > >

> > > Sounds to me like you aren't playing the right game, not that GW2 doesn't do something the way you think it should.

> >

> > I am sure poeple don't play for downstate, you have to look on the merits and redeemable qualities of the mechanic, currently it only benefits the outnumbering side which means it is a failsafe snowball mechanic that rewards you for dying, which is just bad design overall. Why should a game have handholding mechanics that reward the losing/outnumbering side? It makes zero logical sense.

> >

> > On mounts, it's been like that for 6 years so your argument has no real ground on "this is just how the game was designed" because it wasn't designed like that, heck, they didn't even want to include mounts into wvw in the first place, it was just a random afterthought post PoF *launch* for example.

> >

> >

>

> downstate benefits everyone, not just the outnumbering. the better players will use it better, just like any other mechanic.

> WvW is basically a larger scale of our conquest in spvp: larger teams, larger maps, more objectives, more complex objectives, longer match duration etc.

> obviously WvW is unbalanced mainly in its population as it is pretty much impossible to fill the teams for an entire match with roughly equally skilled players. this results in people being able to fight outnumbered and win regularly. but playing like that doesnt make any sense for the mode itself, therefor its stupid to expect anet to encourage people to play like that. if you mainly fight rather even numbered fights or try to rotate in a way that you outnumber your opponent mostly, then downedstate is just another combat mechanic.

> i mean i also wish they removed all res skills/traits and slowed rezzing down a bit so there is a risk to pick up people and reduce the amount of times one can go down in a short time, but i wouldnt expect anet to do anything to make it easier for people to exploit their advantage in experience. if they nerf/remove downedstate then more likely because of other reasons.

I see zero reason on why experience shouldn't triumph over numbers to some extend, you aren't playing like that, the outnumbered is allowing you to play like that. Equal skill given no one should be able to even 1v2, downstate literally just benefits bad players as handholding mechanics. If a person can outplay 2 or 3 poeple they deserve to win, because no matter what classes or builds you shouldn't win from 3 poeple given equal skill, and if the skill is not equal you should be able to roll over them.

> @"Anput.4620" said:

> > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > > > > > cuz this game isn't other games

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And? No argument on why downstate is good/bad given here. When i went in and died suddenly because i forgot about the event i was a bit shook, then i realised that i was being kind of silly because i was shook *about the fact that my character died when they were killed*.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I don't get this line of thinking ... why would anyone care what other games do and how should that at all influence how Anet develops GW2?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > There is no And? .... If people wanted what 90% of other games offered, they would play those games. People play this game because it's NOT like the other 90% of games out there.

> > > > >

> > > > > Oh god it's you again.

> > > > >

> > > > > No, poeple don't play this game specifically because there is a WvW mode with mounts, most poeple don't even play for WvW.

> > > >

> > > > I didn't say they did. I said they aren't playing GW2 because of what 90% of what other games do. So the idea that 90% of what other games do is completely irrelevant to how Anet develops their game. That's not hard to understand. Why is the continuing theme with you trying so hard to desire GW2 to be like other games? That's it's whole appeal .. that it's NOT like other games, because if people want the 'other game' experience, they aren't going to play GW2.

> > > >

> > > > Sounds to me like you aren't playing the right game, not that GW2 doesn't do something the way you think it should.

> > >

> > > I am sure poeple don't play for downstate, you have to look on the merits and redeemable qualities of the mechanic, currently it only benefits the outnumbering side which means it is a failsafe snowball mechanic that rewards you for dying, which is just bad design overall. Why should a game have handholding mechanics that reward the losing/outnumbering side? It makes zero logical sense.

> > >

> > > On mounts, it's been like that for 6 years so your argument has no real ground on "this is just how the game was designed" because it wasn't designed like that, heck, they didn't even want to include mounts into wvw in the first place, it was just a random afterthought post PoF *launch* for example.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > downstate benefits everyone, not just the outnumbering. the better players will use it better, just like any other mechanic.

> > WvW is basically a larger scale of our conquest in spvp: larger teams, larger maps, more objectives, more complex objectives, longer match duration etc.

> > obviously WvW is unbalanced mainly in its population as it is pretty much impossible to fill the teams for an entire match with roughly equally skilled players. this results in people being able to fight outnumbered and win regularly. but playing like that doesnt make any sense for the mode itself, therefor its stupid to expect anet to encourage people to play like that. if you mainly fight rather even numbered fights or try to rotate in a way that you outnumber your opponent mostly, then downedstate is just another combat mechanic.

> > i mean i also wish they removed all res skills/traits and slowed rezzing down a bit so there is a risk to pick up people and reduce the amount of times one can go down in a short time, but i wouldnt expect anet to do anything to make it easier for people to exploit their advantage in experience. if they nerf/remove downedstate then more likely because of other reasons.

>

> I see zero reason on why experience shouldn't triumph over numbers to some extend, you aren't playing like that, the outnumbered is allowing you to play like that. Equal skill given no one should be able to even 1v2, downstate literally just benefits bad players as handholding mechanics. If a person can outplay 2 or 3 poeple they deserve to win, because no matter what classes or builds you shouldn't win from 3 poeple given equal skill, and if the skill is not equal you should be able to roll over them.

do you outplay them if they are able to rez eachother ? i play much more aggressively in a 3 vs 1 then in a 1 vs 1, so i am much more likely to go down when i do outnumber my opponent, doesnt mean he would have a chance in a 1 vs 1 , just that i dont want to waste too much time on a 3 vs 1. a downed ally is also an awesome bait to kill some solo roamers that else would just run away too long, yet a downed makes them greedy. so going down in a 3 vs 1 can actually be outplaying that 1 person.

> @"Anput.4620" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > > > cuz this game isn't other games

> > > > >

> > > > > And? No argument on why downstate is good/bad given here. When i went in and died suddenly because i forgot about the event i was a bit shook, then i realised that i was being kind of silly because i was shook *about the fact that my character died when they were killed*.

> > > >

> > > > I don't get this line of thinking ... why would anyone care what other games do and how should that at all influence how Anet develops GW2?

> > > >

> > > > There is no And? .... If people wanted what 90% of other games offered, they would play those games. People play this game because it's NOT like the other 90% of games out there.

> > >

> > > Oh god it's you again.

> > >

> > > No, poeple don't play this game specifically because there is a WvW mode with mounts, most poeple don't even play for WvW.

> >

> > I didn't say they did. I said they aren't playing GW2 because of what 90% of what other games do. So the idea that 90% of what other games do is completely irrelevant to how Anet develops their game. That's not hard to understand. Why is the continuing theme with you trying so hard to desire GW2 to be like other games? That's it's whole appeal .. that it's NOT like other games, because if people want the 'other game' experience, they aren't going to play GW2.

> >

> > Sounds to me like you aren't playing the right game, not that GW2 doesn't do something the way you think it should.

>

> I am sure poeple don't play for downstate,

You need to pay here and comprehend what I'm telling you

Again ... I DIDN'T say people play for downstate. I said that people aren't playing GW2 because of what other games do. So your idea that 90% of what other games do has some influence on what Anet does in GW2 make zero sense. They can and do what they want and if they just did what everyone else did, GW2 would lose it's appeal to the people that play it.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > > > > cuz this game isn't other games

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And? No argument on why downstate is good/bad given here. When i went in and died suddenly because i forgot about the event i was a bit shook, then i realised that i was being kind of silly because i was shook *about the fact that my character died when they were killed*.

> > > > >

> > > > > I don't get this line of thinking ... why would anyone care what other games do and how should that at all influence how Anet develops GW2?

> > > > >

> > > > > There is no And? .... If people wanted what 90% of other games offered, they would play those games. People play this game because it's NOT like the other 90% of games out there.

> > > >

> > > > Oh god it's you again.

> > > >

> > > > No, poeple don't play this game specifically because there is a WvW mode with mounts, most poeple don't even play for WvW.

> > >

> > > I didn't say they did. I said they aren't playing GW2 because of what 90% of what other games do. So the idea that 90% of what other games do is completely irrelevant to how Anet develops their game. That's not hard to understand. Why is the continuing theme with you trying so hard to desire GW2 to be like other games? That's it's whole appeal .. that it's NOT like other games, because if people want the 'other game' experience, they aren't going to play GW2.

> > >

> > > Sounds to me like you aren't playing the right game, not that GW2 doesn't do something the way you think it should.

> >

> > I am sure poeple don't play for downstate,

>

> You need to pay here and comprehend what I'm telling you

>

> Again ... I DIDN'T say people play for downstate. I said that people aren't playing GW2 because of what other games do. So your idea that 90% of what other games do has some influence on what Anet does in GW2 make zero sense. They can and do what they want and if they just did what everyone else did, GW2 would lose it's appeal to the people that play it.

>

>

But some shit they add may actually be objectively bad game-design wise when asking 90% of PvP devs, but nah you will just respond with Gw2 is snowflake. I play this game for being different, but that doesn't mean different is *always* good, especially when it makes zero logical sense. We all know that the mount is literally just dumbing down the game with handholding and handicapping, same with downstate. Just here to keep the casuals affloat, not rewarding the better player or smaller group. You may say now, yes, they appeal to the majority of casuals, but that doesn't mean the game is better lol. If you rate all games from casual tor more "hardcore" or "competitive" in a list from left to right you will see that the right side of said list will have the better games, that's just how it works.

TLDR; Not all features are positive just because they are "different" and the only ones that like the mount/downstate are the ones that are being handholded by them, this is a balancing issue, not a feature issue. Objective fact is that the mount is overtuned above the point of balance and that downstate could be adjusted just for WvW, like no ressing others without abilities while in combat to create a more fair playing field *across the board*.

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > We need Obtena vs Anput duels ingame.

>

> That's easy, all Obtena need to do is play DE, ez win!

>

> > @"Anput.4620" said:

> >But you can also not get oneshot, the only oneshot that has no counterplay is deadeye.

>

I mean that works on squishies only, i play 1vX and bunker-ish builds mostly lol. You will do like 10k max on me with a backstab. Like try doing that on my dire thief.

> @"Anput.4620" said:

> But some kitten they add may actually be objectively bad game-design wise when asking 90% of PvP devs, but nah you will just respond with Gw2 is snowflake. I play this game for being different, but that doesn't mean different is *always* good, especially when it makes zero logical sense. We all know that the mount is literally just dumbing down the game with handholding and handicapping, same with downstate. Just here to keep the casuals affloat, not rewarding the better player or smaller group. You may say now, yes, they appeal to the majority of casuals, but that doesn't mean the game is better lol. If you rate all games from casual tor more "hardcore" or "competitive" in a list from left to right you will see that the right side of said list will have the better games, that's just how it works.

>

> TLDR; Not all features are positive just because they are "different" and the only ones that like the mount/downstate are the ones that are being handholded by them, this is a balancing issue, not a feature issue. Objective fact is that the mount is overtuned above the point of balance and that downstate could be adjusted just for WvW, like no ressing others without abilities while in combat to create a more fair playing field *across the board*.

I don't see how that matters. Anet isn't going to borrow what 90% of what other games do just to appease players ideas of what is good or not. They are going to make the game that appeals to the market they target ... whether that is 'better' or not is completely subjective. If Anet wanted to make a clone game, they could have, but they didn't. So why you think what other games do is a compelling argument to change the GW2 at this point is really nonsense to me.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > But some kitten they add may actually be objectively bad game-design wise when asking 90% of PvP devs, but nah you will just respond with Gw2 is snowflake. I play this game for being different, but that doesn't mean different is *always* good, especially when it makes zero logical sense. We all know that the mount is literally just dumbing down the game with handholding and handicapping, same with downstate. Just here to keep the casuals affloat, not rewarding the better player or smaller group. You may say now, yes, they appeal to the majority of casuals, but that doesn't mean the game is better lol. If you rate all games from casual tor more "hardcore" or "competitive" in a list from left to right you will see that the right side of said list will have the better games, that's just how it works.

> >

> > TLDR; Not all features are positive just because they are "different" and the only ones that like the mount/downstate are the ones that are being handholded by them, this is a balancing issue, not a feature issue. Objective fact is that the mount is overtuned above the point of balance and that downstate could be adjusted just for WvW, like no ressing others without abilities while in combat to create a more fair playing field *across the board*.

>

> I don't see how that matters. Anet isn't going to borrow what 90% of what other games do just to appease players ideas of what is good or not. They are going to make the game that appeals to the market they target ... wherher that is 'better' or not is completely subjective. If Anet wanted to make a clone game, they could have, but they didn't. So why you think that's a compelling argument to change the game at this point is really nonsense to me.

>

>

>

Then why did they change the game with mounts after 6 years, what compelling argument has been there. No mounts at all was a Gw2 selling point yet they went back on that hmmm.

Whether that is better or not isn't subjective, that is how you measure quality. Those mobile p2w strategy games make millions and are played by many yet are also objectively garbage,

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> Easy ... they can sell mount skins ... it's a business decision.

>

> And no .. what is better is the eye of the beholder. It's COMPLETELY subjective.

Ah so like i have saying this whole time, pandering to casuals with handholding to sell skins dumbing the game down for the dedicated minority, got it.

> @"Anput.4620" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > Easy ... they can sell mount skins ... it's a business decision.

> >

> > And no .. what is better is the eye of the beholder. It's COMPLETELY subjective.

>

> Ah so like i have saying this whole time, pandering to casuals with handholding to sell skins dumbing the game down for the dedicated minority, got it.

Ah so like I have been saying this whole time ... it looks like you aren't playing the right game, not that GW2 doesn't do something the way you think it should.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > Easy ... they can sell mount skins ... it's a business decision.

> > >

> > > And no .. what is better is the eye of the beholder. It's COMPLETELY subjective.

> >

> > Ah so like i have saying this whole time, pandering to casuals with handholding to sell skins dumbing the game down for the dedicated minority, got it.

>

> Like I have been saying this whole time ... it looks like you aren't playing the right game, not that GW2 doesn't do something the way you think it should.

I had no complaints (except mirage balance lol) pre-mounts. Still doesn't make the game not worse in the ways i just described. In other PvP games when devs do this shit they actually fix it.

> @"Anput.4620" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > Easy ... they can sell mount skins ... it's a business decision.

> > > >

> > > > And no .. what is better is the eye of the beholder. It's COMPLETELY subjective.

> > >

> > > Ah so like i have saying this whole time, pandering to casuals with handholding to sell skins dumbing the game down for the dedicated minority, got it.

> >

> > Like I have been saying this whole time ... it looks like you aren't playing the right game, not that GW2 doesn't do something the way you think it should.

>

> I had no complaints (except mirage balance lol) pre-mounts. Still doesn't make the game not worse in the ways i just described. In other PvP games when devs do this kitten they actually fix it.

Sure, there are some aspects of the game you don't like that are worse, even if that's an objective assessment. But again, what happens in other games is irrelevant and as long as Anet has a successful formula for getting a market share of players and getting them to shell out their money for things, there is little you are going to say that will change that. If that market share is a group of players you don't share the same values with that Anet panders to ... **you** aren't playing the right game.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > > Easy ... they can sell mount skins ... it's a business decision.

> > > > >

> > > > > And no .. what is better is the eye of the beholder. It's COMPLETELY subjective.

> > > >

> > > > Ah so like i have saying this whole time, pandering to casuals with handholding to sell skins dumbing the game down for the dedicated minority, got it.

> > >

> > > Like I have been saying this whole time ... it looks like you aren't playing the right game, not that GW2 doesn't do something the way you think it should.

> >

> > I had no complaints (except mirage balance lol) pre-mounts. Still doesn't make the game not worse in the ways i just described. In other PvP games when devs do this kitten they actually fix it.

>

> Sure, there are some aspects of the game you don't like that are worse, even if that's an objective assessment. But again, what happens in other games is irrelevant and as long as Anet has a successful formula for getting a market share of players and getting them to shell out their money for things, there is little you are going to say that will change that. If that market share is a group of players you don't share the same values with that Anet panders to ... **you** aren't playing the right game.

By your logic heavilly pay to win games are also perfectly fine, just because something sells doesn't mean it's good. Look, i know you are just taking this from a "realistic" approach but i want my devs to fix their games and not just jump towards the next disaster game to repeat the cycle, which is why i play few games, but play those a lot.

> @"Anput.4620" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > Easy ... they can sell mount skins ... it's a business decision.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And no .. what is better is the eye of the beholder. It's COMPLETELY subjective.

> > > > >

> > > > > Ah so like i have saying this whole time, pandering to casuals with handholding to sell skins dumbing the game down for the dedicated minority, got it.

> > > >

> > > > Like I have been saying this whole time ... it looks like you aren't playing the right game, not that GW2 doesn't do something the way you think it should.

> > >

> > > I had no complaints (except mirage balance lol) pre-mounts. Still doesn't make the game not worse in the ways i just described. In other PvP games when devs do this kitten they actually fix it.

> >

> > Sure, there are some aspects of the game you don't like that are worse, even if that's an objective assessment. But again, what happens in other games is irrelevant and as long as Anet has a successful formula for getting a market share of players and getting them to shell out their money for things, there is little you are going to say that will change that. If that market share is a group of players you don't share the same values with that Anet panders to ... **you** aren't playing the right game.

>

> By your logic heavilly pay to win games are also perfectly fine, just because something sells doesn't mean it's good. Look, i know you are just taking this from a "realistic" approach but i want my devs to fix their games and not just jump towards the next disaster game to repeat the cycle, which is why i play few games, but play those a lot.

Devs aren't going to fix anything in this game because of what 90% of other games do, PERIOD. Maybe you are new to GW2 but the history of this game is Anet doing things they way they want, not cloning of other games. Whether you frivolous label something good or bad doesn't mean much either. This game has down state ... and if Anet thought it was a bad idea, they would remove it. Clearly they don't. You thinking downstate is bad because other games don't have it means nothing.

Sounds to me that you should pick and play games for the things you like in them instead of complaining of the things you don't. If this game has flaws you don't like and you think it panders to an audience resulting in bad decisions because of money and profits over fun and 'being good', I don't see why you continue to play it. I've only ever seen you complain.

And yeah ... for SOME people, heavily P2W games are perfectly fine ... and they play them and enjoy them. The marketshare of players those games capture is indicative of how many people think it's perfectly fine. I know this offends your sense of what an MMO should be ... but you need to get over that pretty fast because MMO's aren't about you.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > Easy ... they can sell mount skins ... it's a business decision.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And no .. what is better is the eye of the beholder. It's COMPLETELY subjective.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ah so like i have saying this whole time, pandering to casuals with handholding to sell skins dumbing the game down for the dedicated minority, got it.

> > > > >

> > > > > Like I have been saying this whole time ... it looks like you aren't playing the right game, not that GW2 doesn't do something the way you think it should.

> > > >

> > > > I had no complaints (except mirage balance lol) pre-mounts. Still doesn't make the game not worse in the ways i just described. In other PvP games when devs do this kitten they actually fix it.

> > >

> > > Sure, there are some aspects of the game you don't like that are worse, even if that's an objective assessment. But again, what happens in other games is irrelevant and as long as Anet has a successful formula for getting a market share of players and getting them to shell out their money for things, there is little you are going to say that will change that. If that market share is a group of players you don't share the same values with that Anet panders to ... **you** aren't playing the right game.

> >

> > By your logic heavilly pay to win games are also perfectly fine, just because something sells doesn't mean it's good. Look, i know you are just taking this from a "realistic" approach but i want my devs to fix their games and not just jump towards the next disaster game to repeat the cycle, which is why i play few games, but play those a lot.

>

> Devs aren't going to fix anything in this game because of what 90% of other games do, PERIOD. Maybe you are new to GW2 but the history of this game is Anet doing things they way they want, not cloning of other games. Whether you frivolous label something good or bad doesn't mean much either. This game has down state ... and if Anet thought it was a bad idea, they would remove it. Clearly they don't. You thinking downstate is bad because other games don't have it means nothing.

>

> Sounds to me that you should pick and play games for the things you like in them instead of complaining of the things you don't. If this game has flaws you don't like and you think it panders to an audience resulting in bad decisions because of money and profits over fun and 'being good', I don't see why you continue to play it. I've only ever seen you complain.

>

> And yeah ... for SOME people, heavily P2W games are perfectly fine ... and they play them and enjoy them. The marketshare of players those games capture is indicative of how many people think it's perfectly fine. I know this offends your sense of what an MMO should be ... but you need to get over that pretty fast because MMO's aren't about you.

I am stating that downstate is bad because it only helps the outnumbering/worse players that get carried by it.

It does make a game objectively bad, just because some poeple like shit doesn't mean it doesn't still taste like shit.

How can you not see that downstate has zero fair positives? Can you tell me when downstate has ever been positive in a way that is fair? Being not benefiting bad players being carried by it nor outnumbers being carried by it? That is how you discuss how good a game is. A game isn't as good as how much money it makes, it is as good as the redeemable qualities the game has.

> @"Anput.4620" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > Easy ... they can sell mount skins ... it's a business decision.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > And no .. what is better is the eye of the beholder. It's COMPLETELY subjective.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Ah so like i have saying this whole time, pandering to casuals with handholding to sell skins dumbing the game down for the dedicated minority, got it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Like I have been saying this whole time ... it looks like you aren't playing the right game, not that GW2 doesn't do something the way you think it should.

> > > > >

> > > > > I had no complaints (except mirage balance lol) pre-mounts. Still doesn't make the game not worse in the ways i just described. In other PvP games when devs do this kitten they actually fix it.

> > > >

> > > > Sure, there are some aspects of the game you don't like that are worse, even if that's an objective assessment. But again, what happens in other games is irrelevant and as long as Anet has a successful formula for getting a market share of players and getting them to shell out their money for things, there is little you are going to say that will change that. If that market share is a group of players you don't share the same values with that Anet panders to ... **you** aren't playing the right game.

> > >

> > > By your logic heavilly pay to win games are also perfectly fine, just because something sells doesn't mean it's good. Look, i know you are just taking this from a "realistic" approach but i want my devs to fix their games and not just jump towards the next disaster game to repeat the cycle, which is why i play few games, but play those a lot.

> >

> > Devs aren't going to fix anything in this game because of what 90% of other games do, PERIOD. Maybe you are new to GW2 but the history of this game is Anet doing things they way they want, not cloning of other games. Whether you frivolous label something good or bad doesn't mean much either. This game has down state ... and if Anet thought it was a bad idea, they would remove it. Clearly they don't. You thinking downstate is bad because other games don't have it means nothing.

> >

> > Sounds to me that you should pick and play games for the things you like in them instead of complaining of the things you don't. If this game has flaws you don't like and you think it panders to an audience resulting in bad decisions because of money and profits over fun and 'being good', I don't see why you continue to play it. I've only ever seen you complain.

> >

> > And yeah ... for SOME people, heavily P2W games are perfectly fine ... and they play them and enjoy them. The marketshare of players those games capture is indicative of how many people think it's perfectly fine. I know this offends your sense of what an MMO should be ... but you need to get over that pretty fast because MMO's aren't about you.

>

> I am stating that downstate is bad because it only helps the outnumbering/worse players that get carried by it.

>

> It does make a game objectively bad, just because some poeple like kitten doesn't mean it doesn't still taste like kitten.

>

Guess i will repeat myself ... again.

There are some aspects of the game you don't like that are worse, even if that's an objective assessment. But again, what happens in other games is irrelevant and as long as Anet has a successful formula for getting a market share of players and getting them to shell out their money for things, there is little you are going to say that will change that.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > Easy ... they can sell mount skins ... it's a business decision.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > And no .. what is better is the eye of the beholder. It's COMPLETELY subjective.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Ah so like i have saying this whole time, pandering to casuals with handholding to sell skins dumbing the game down for the dedicated minority, got it.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Like I have been saying this whole time ... it looks like you aren't playing the right game, not that GW2 doesn't do something the way you think it should.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I had no complaints (except mirage balance lol) pre-mounts. Still doesn't make the game not worse in the ways i just described. In other PvP games when devs do this kitten they actually fix it.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sure, there are some aspects of the game you don't like that are worse, even if that's an objective assessment. But again, what happens in other games is irrelevant and as long as Anet has a successful formula for getting a market share of players and getting them to shell out their money for things, there is little you are going to say that will change that. If that market share is a group of players you don't share the same values with that Anet panders to ... **you** aren't playing the right game.

> > > >

> > > > By your logic heavilly pay to win games are also perfectly fine, just because something sells doesn't mean it's good. Look, i know you are just taking this from a "realistic" approach but i want my devs to fix their games and not just jump towards the next disaster game to repeat the cycle, which is why i play few games, but play those a lot.

> > >

> > > Devs aren't going to fix anything in this game because of what 90% of other games do, PERIOD. Maybe you are new to GW2 but the history of this game is Anet doing things they way they want, not cloning of other games. Whether you frivolous label something good or bad doesn't mean much either. This game has down state ... and if Anet thought it was a bad idea, they would remove it. Clearly they don't. You thinking downstate is bad because other games don't have it means nothing.

> > >

> > > Sounds to me that you should pick and play games for the things you like in them instead of complaining of the things you don't. If this game has flaws you don't like and you think it panders to an audience resulting in bad decisions because of money and profits over fun and 'being good', I don't see why you continue to play it. I've only ever seen you complain.

> > >

> > > And yeah ... for SOME people, heavily P2W games are perfectly fine ... and they play them and enjoy them. The marketshare of players those games capture is indicative of how many people think it's perfectly fine. I know this offends your sense of what an MMO should be ... but you need to get over that pretty fast because MMO's aren't about you.

> >

> > I am stating that downstate is bad because it only helps the outnumbering/worse players that get carried by it.

> >

> > It does make a game objectively bad, just because some poeple like kitten doesn't mean it doesn't still taste like kitten.

> >

> Guess i will repeat myself ... again.

>

> There are some aspects of the game you don't like that are worse, even if that's an objective assessment. But again, what happens in other games is irrelevant and as long as Anet has a successful formula for getting a market share of players and getting them to shell out their money for things, there is little you are going to say that will change that.

>

>

Still doesn't make me wrong.