HIgh elo players plat 2+ What classes/build do you think is currently "busted" in this season?

Jay.3409

> @"Sampson.2403" said:

> @"VALARMORGHULIS.9173"

>

> So you still think that power shiro rev is still OP (in Solo Q) after the recent nerfs? Is this to say that the might stacks were never the main issue and its more about the ability to phase traverse around and gank people with sword 4 and 5?

>

> Often i hear that Revs only truly shine in an organized team environment with support.

support was never meant for anything but necro. the reason for fbs existence rests on the viability of necro in the role of team fight damage and boon corruption.

Revenant is strong because of it's consistent spike dmg. Currently there are so many passive damage modifiers on revnant and might was the least of them. It can still stack just about as much might on itself. That isn't even counting the assistance from other classes being able to contribute to giving it might. (not that they contribute that much) Overall the nerfs weren't as effective as people might think. A good rev will still gape anyone.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > > > @"VALARMORGHULIS.9173" said:

> > > > > @"Gamble.4580" said:

> > > > > > @"VALARMORGHULIS.9173" said:

> > > > > > > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > It is laughably easy to kill scourge with reaper: CC until they trail of anguish, corrupt it, continue to CC and drop them.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > lmao. What are you gonna cc me with? all of my dmg is ranged.. I can just los and out kyte. You rely on might with reaper and scg runs a hell of a lot more corruptions than reaper does. you will never get a gs 5 pull on me, and if you're running gs over staff on reaper then you my friend have the wrong idea on how to play reaper. I literally dumpster anyone on reaper. Why do you think nobody plays reaper in daily AT or the MaT. They get absolutely trained by scourges and are so hard to sustain. by the time I use trail of anguish, you're already dead.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Reaper dies to scourge 10/10 for several reasons.

> > > > > > 1. scg is ranged dmg and anyone who understands this will have correct positioning, kyting, and counter pressure capabilities that any reaper cannot deal with. (scg also has a few skills that don't require line of sight aka all the shade skills, torch 5, and staff 1-5.

> > > > > > 2. scg has more consistent and hard hitting corrupts since it is condi.

> > > > > > 3. scg has more condi clear than reaper. I wouldn't even use ToA, I would just pop spectral walk and run away/juke/clear the chill --btw another reason that comes to mind with this is the more consistent mobility. Especially in regards to scg keeping permanent cripple on a reaper.

> > > > > > 4. reaper is dead out of shroud to scg and even more dead when it goes into shroud. you're stability in shroud is literally a hazard against any intelligent scg.

> > > > > > 5. shroud 5 is easy to dodge even if you get close enough.

> > > > > > 6. chill to the bone elite is easy to dodge.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > This.

> > > > > I agree with u in if u play gs over staff in pvp then u ain’t uptodate with reapers role in spvp and how it’s best played.

> > > > > Scourge can counter reaper in a 1v1 but it’s not reapers hard counter. If I have all my cds and so does scourge at start of the 1v1 I can and at most attempts win the 1v1 but saying that i avoid 1v1s with scourges cus the risk is to high unless it’s needed for the game. Or ofc my ego kicks in

> > > >

> > > > If scourge and reaper both walk into a 1v1 with full cds— reaper has 0 shroud and scg has 0 shroud. Scourge absolutely wins.

> > > > For several reasons:

> > > >

> > > > 1. All the things I already said

> > > > 2. Any good scourge won’t try and hold node vs a reaper.

> > > > 3. Scourge relies less on life force than reaper does and it also builds it quicker.

> > > >

> > > > P.S this is not a real game situation as neither fulfill the role of a duelist. I rarely run into any 1v1 in ranked Q.

> > >

> > > Clearly you've never played against a competent reaper then lmao

> > >

> > > Between speed runes, gs5, spectral grasp, cttb, rs3, and rs5 it is very easy to lock down or out kite scourges.

> > >

> > > Reaper running curses has the same uptime on weakness as scourge does too.

> > >

> > > Reaper gets 66% reduced duration on cripple, scourge does not.

> > >

> > > It is laughably easy to kill scourges on any class with range or heavy CC, reaper carries plenty enough CC to train a scourge down

> >

> > This is not the point of this thread, but fyi, you are not fighting clueless NPCs you know. Yes, there are many clueless scourges out there (more than I see on any other build). But dude, I can kite reaper on core guardian and win most of the time. Competent scourge will run circles around any reaper.

>

> with what exactly? reaper has better access to swiftness than scourge, toss some speed runes on and chase them down. reaper also gets all movement conditions removed on entering shroud and -66% duration on cripple, chill, and immob. If they SW to try and juke, you just drop yours at the same time and port back as soon as they do

>

> scourge has the same problem it's had since it was released, it's very easy to range them or CC them to death. 2 dodges + 1 stab vs 5 very easily chained CCs is a no brainer, tunnel them. you play it the same way you play rev, holo, or spb vs scourge.

Let me make this clear to you. You know who makes the overall necro meta? I do. You know who else agrees with me on this view point? Naru. I am the only TRUE necro main in the top 50 on NA ranked LB, and I've deemed curses scg as the most viable necro build in the game for the highest tier of ranked conquest. I'm the only person that has put together a team that has come close to beating team USA in the MaT (best was 350-500).

I've played this game for 7 years and I have played necro as a main in any competitive scene since I started. I'm telling you now for the last time that scourge vs reaper at the highest level wins 100% of the time. There have been multiple teams that have tried to build comps around reapers within the last couple of months and every single MaT they get dumpstered by a comp built around scourge.

People keep trying to build comps around things that don't work. Recently they have been trying to build comps around double revenant for the MaT, but at the end of the day they get dumpstered by scg comps. Until scourge becomes irrelevant--there is no profession driving comps more than it is. structured spvp has revolved around necro for almost in the entirety of its existence with the exception of one season. At the highest level; the elite spec that drives the current meta and all of the metas since the release of PoF is scourge. That is NOT going to change unless they absolutely gut it or fb. The likelihood of them doing that is nearly 0.

you are literally zoning in on particulars with your evidence. You're talking about specific instances that NO scourge puts themselves in at the highest level. You think Reckless or I are just going to run out into the open and blow two dodges and our trail of anguishes willingly? hell no.

There was a game today in plat 2 where I was on courses scourge on Capricorn and MY ENTIRE team wiped mid besides myself. I proceeded to go to the jump puzzle at the top ledge by spawn leading out right before to mid and I ran 2 laps around that with a reaper AND a scourge chasing me. I killed BOTH of them 1v2 in the time it took my team to respawn.

You can run speed runes but guess what; against a good scg you have 0 swiftness (which speed runes rely on).

Power reaper became most viable when air and fire sigils were in the game. Since their removal, power reaper has been subpar to the evolution of actual necro metas.

I will gladly take you into an arena tomorrow and 1v1 you. I'll even let you build your life force to full. anything to help the community. It's really a pain to run into a reaper in ranked solo q and gape them in 10s on scourge while im sitting at 1690 rating and then get the reaper on my team next game and then have to try and carry them. The community needs to be purged of these false notions of what is good and what isn't.

Love how this is about reaper and scourges now lol. I main reaper and love it and I must be mad as I solo que on Na with reaper and it’s fun. Will I play it if ever down AT monthly, no I would switch to scourge.. will I ever get t3 play or leg playing reaper? No probly not. A good reaper can only ever sit t2 plat and be proud

> @"VALARMORGHULIS.9173" said:

> you are literally zoning in on particulars with your evidence. You're talking about specific instances that NO scourge puts themselves in at the highest level. You think Reckless or I are just going to run out into the open and blow two dodges and our trail of anguishes willingly? hell no.

>

> There was a game today in plat 2 where I was on courses scourge on Capricorn and MY ENTIRE team wiped mid besides myself. I proceeded to go to the jump puzzle at the top ledge by spawn leading out right before to mid and I ran 2 laps around that with a reaper AND a scourge chasing me. I killed BOTH of them 1v2 in the time it took my team to respawn.

>

> You can run speed runes but guess what; against a good scg you have 0 swiftness (which speed runes rely on).

>

> Power reaper became most viable when air and fire sigils were in the game. Since their removal, power reaper has been subpar to the evolution of actual necro metas.

>

> I will gladly take you into an arena tomorrow and 1v1 you. I'll even let you build your life force to full. anything to help the community. It's really a pain to run into a reaper in ranked solo q and gape them in 10s on scourge while im sitting at 1690 rating and then get the reaper on my team next game and then have to try and carry them. The community needs to be purged of these false notions of what is good and what isn't.

Off topic but asking cus you seem to have a good idea around this seasons meta.

What would u say is a good duo class build with a reaper? Please don’t say fb as I don’t sit still.

Asking for a friend >.>

> @"Gamble.4580" said:

> > @"VALARMORGHULIS.9173" said:

> > you are literally zoning in on particulars with your evidence. You're talking about specific instances that NO scourge puts themselves in at the highest level. You think Reckless or I are just going to run out into the open and blow two dodges and our trail of anguishes willingly? hell no.

> >

> > There was a game today in plat 2 where I was on courses scourge on Capricorn and MY ENTIRE team wiped mid besides myself. I proceeded to go to the jump puzzle at the top ledge by spawn leading out right before to mid and I ran 2 laps around that with a reaper AND a scourge chasing me. I killed BOTH of them 1v2 in the time it took my team to respawn.

> >

> > You can run speed runes but guess what; against a good scg you have 0 swiftness (which speed runes rely on).

> >

> > Power reaper became most viable when air and fire sigils were in the game. Since their removal, power reaper has been subpar to the evolution of actual necro metas.

> >

> > I will gladly take you into an arena tomorrow and 1v1 you. I'll even let you build your life force to full. anything to help the community. It's really a pain to run into a reaper in ranked solo q and gape them in 10s on scourge while im sitting at 1690 rating and then get the reaper on my team next game and then have to try and carry them. The community needs to be purged of these false notions of what is good and what isn't.

>

> Off topic but asking cus you seem to have a good idea around this seasons meta.

> What would u say is a good duo class build with a reaper? Please don’t say fb as I don’t sit still.

> Asking for a friend >.>

excluding fb....Holosmith or bm scourge.

If you're going to run a fb with a reaper in duo then make sure it's a harriers fb with axe/shield & staff.

Ideally you want to have the fb run harrier for quickness on reaper. They just synergze better. Go with Arken's build.

> @"VALARMORGHULIS.9173" said:

> > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > > > > @"VALARMORGHULIS.9173" said:

> > > > > > @"Gamble.4580" said:

> > > > > > > @"VALARMORGHULIS.9173" said:

> > > > > > > > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It is laughably easy to kill scourge with reaper: CC until they trail of anguish, corrupt it, continue to CC and drop them.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > lmao. What are you gonna cc me with? all of my dmg is ranged.. I can just los and out kyte. You rely on might with reaper and scg runs a hell of a lot more corruptions than reaper does. you will never get a gs 5 pull on me, and if you're running gs over staff on reaper then you my friend have the wrong idea on how to play reaper. I literally dumpster anyone on reaper. Why do you think nobody plays reaper in daily AT or the MaT. They get absolutely trained by scourges and are so hard to sustain. by the time I use trail of anguish, you're already dead.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Reaper dies to scourge 10/10 for several reasons.

> > > > > > > 1. scg is ranged dmg and anyone who understands this will have correct positioning, kyting, and counter pressure capabilities that any reaper cannot deal with. (scg also has a few skills that don't require line of sight aka all the shade skills, torch 5, and staff 1-5.

> > > > > > > 2. scg has more consistent and hard hitting corrupts since it is condi.

> > > > > > > 3. scg has more condi clear than reaper. I wouldn't even use ToA, I would just pop spectral walk and run away/juke/clear the chill --btw another reason that comes to mind with this is the more consistent mobility. Especially in regards to scg keeping permanent cripple on a reaper.

> > > > > > > 4. reaper is dead out of shroud to scg and even more dead when it goes into shroud. you're stability in shroud is literally a hazard against any intelligent scg.

> > > > > > > 5. shroud 5 is easy to dodge even if you get close enough.

> > > > > > > 6. chill to the bone elite is easy to dodge.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This.

> > > > > > I agree with u in if u play gs over staff in pvp then u ain’t uptodate with reapers role in spvp and how it’s best played.

> > > > > > Scourge can counter reaper in a 1v1 but it’s not reapers hard counter. If I have all my cds and so does scourge at start of the 1v1 I can and at most attempts win the 1v1 but saying that i avoid 1v1s with scourges cus the risk is to high unless it’s needed for the game. Or ofc my ego kicks in

> > > > >

> > > > > If scourge and reaper both walk into a 1v1 with full cds— reaper has 0 shroud and scg has 0 shroud. Scourge absolutely wins.

> > > > > For several reasons:

> > > > >

> > > > > 1. All the things I already said

> > > > > 2. Any good scourge won’t try and hold node vs a reaper.

> > > > > 3. Scourge relies less on life force than reaper does and it also builds it quicker.

> > > > >

> > > > > P.S this is not a real game situation as neither fulfill the role of a duelist. I rarely run into any 1v1 in ranked Q.

> > > >

> > > > Clearly you've never played against a competent reaper then lmao

> > > >

> > > > Between speed runes, gs5, spectral grasp, cttb, rs3, and rs5 it is very easy to lock down or out kite scourges.

> > > >

> > > > Reaper running curses has the same uptime on weakness as scourge does too.

> > > >

> > > > Reaper gets 66% reduced duration on cripple, scourge does not.

> > > >

> > > > It is laughably easy to kill scourges on any class with range or heavy CC, reaper carries plenty enough CC to train a scourge down

> > >

> > > This is not the point of this thread, but fyi, you are not fighting clueless NPCs you know. Yes, there are many clueless scourges out there (more than I see on any other build). But dude, I can kite reaper on core guardian and win most of the time. Competent scourge will run circles around any reaper.

> >

> > with what exactly? reaper has better access to swiftness than scourge, toss some speed runes on and chase them down. reaper also gets all movement conditions removed on entering shroud and -66% duration on cripple, chill, and immob. If they SW to try and juke, you just drop yours at the same time and port back as soon as they do

> >

> > scourge has the same problem it's had since it was released, it's very easy to range them or CC them to death. 2 dodges + 1 stab vs 5 very easily chained CCs is a no brainer, tunnel them. you play it the same way you play rev, holo, or spb vs scourge.

>

> Let me make this clear to you. You know who makes the overall necro meta? I do. You know who else agrees with me on this view point? Naru. I am the only TRUE necro main in the top 50 on NA ranked LB, and I've deemed curses scg as the most viable necro build in the game for the highest tier of ranked conquest. I'm the only person that has put together a team that has come close to beating team USA in the MaT (best was 350-500).

> I've played this game for 7 years and I have played necro as a main in any competitive scene since I started. I'm telling you now for the last time that scourge vs reaper at the highest level wins 100% of the time. There have been multiple teams that have tried to build comps around reapers within the last couple of months and every single MaT they get dumpstered by a comp built around scourge.

> People keep trying to build comps around things that don't work. Recently they have been trying to build comps around double revenant for the MaT, but at the end of the day they get dumpstered by scg comps. Until scourge becomes irrelevant--there is no profession driving comps more than it is. structured spvp has revolved around necro for almost in the entirety of its existence with the exception of one season. At the highest level; the elite spec that drives the current meta and all of the metas since the release of PoF is scourge. That is NOT going to change unless they absolutely gut it or fb. The likelihood of them doing that is nearly 0.

i played nothing but reaper this season and i am stuck at p1 and low p2 and that on EU so that is bad

scourge will eat me alive via corruption

i hide form LB slb because he ll eat me alive form range but in melee i win 100% against any SLB build

never fight holo in melee because he ll cc me to death

i never fight a SB unless rampage is on CD

cant walk alone teef will annoy me

reaper is cool but not good enough to enter top 250 but not impossible

however i can tell you this i am having the best fun deleting scrapers in 1v1 or team fights

Rank 44, 1638 though that's subject to change, and i'm not even going to begin to pretend that's very high in the standard.

But personally I believe Herald, Holo, Scrapper, and Soulbeast are the most busted. Moreso in a DuoQ, but that goes for pretty much every class. The reasons vary from insane low CD unblockable damage spikes, no LoS ports that give similar effects, and way too good sustain potentially coupled with a good amount of CC and/or high damage.

The more balanced classes are Scourge & Reaper, Firebrand, Mirage & Chrono, and Spellbreaker. The higher you climb, the more balanced these classes feel, at least; that was the case for me.

Ele and thief could do with straight buffs. They're busted in the opposite way, underpowered.

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > How can you guys suggest nerfs of SLB in plat 2+??

> > This spec is absolutely hilarious and easy to avoid its super obvious telegraphed skills. Once avoided the SLB is as good as dead.

> > Look the meta comps, where is SLB?

>

> Its in WvW, dealing 10-12k unblockable auto hits from 1800+ range while having stealth and very good mobility.

>

> Getting Slb nerfed in pvp is one step closer to nerfs in WvW.

maybe the zerglings should run a balanced build so they don't get picked off auto running back to the Dorito so they can face roll in their mob and collect bags.

> @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > @"praqtos.9035" said:

> > > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > > > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > > > > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > > > > > > How can you guys suggest nerfs of SLB in plat 2+??

> > > > > > > This spec is absolutely hilarious and easy to avoid its super obvious telegraphed skills. Once avoided the SLB is as good as dead.

> > > > > > > Look the meta comps, where is SLB?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Its in WvW, dealing 10-12k unblockable auto hits from 1800+ range while having stealth and very good mobility.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Getting Slb nerfed in pvp is one step closer to nerfs in WvW.

> > > > >

> > > > > Do you play the mode (WvW)? Do you realize that no reasonable and good commander will take a SLB in his squad? I hope you don't need the reasons why they don't take it? Really, why do we have to talk about this when everyone knows that SLB is not preferred choice for WvW?

> > > > >

> > > > > EDIT: ROFL ahahahah "**10-12k Unblockable Autohits** from **1800+** range"!!!! When you show me 1800+ range autohit of 10-12k in WvW I will give you 1000 gold.

> > > >

> > > > Wvw is not about zerging, there is also thing as roaming. And do not make so brave bets, cuz I think u can lose it

> > >

> > > Basically, for anyone who's confused between 1500 and 1800 range, autoattack fails and does not activate. Reason being you're out of autoattack range. But you can still land arrows.

> > > Please, educate yourself :)

> > https://imgur.com/a/PGugmdB

> > Barrage is 1500 range skill. Middle of the paw is 1500 range. Radius of the skill is 360. Still doesnt touch the golem and still some range left for it. Do the math or "educate yourself please :) "

>

> I respond only coz i see 2 likes of your post and I will repeat:

> "10-12k Unblockable Autohits from 1800+ range"

> Now, what do you miss here? Is it the dmg, is it the range or is it the autohits.

> Can we stop?

>

Just give WvW the same build limitations as PvP.

> @"Faux Play.6104" said:

> > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > > @"praqtos.9035" said:

> > > > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > > > > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > > > > > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > > > > > > > How can you guys suggest nerfs of SLB in plat 2+??

> > > > > > > > This spec is absolutely hilarious and easy to avoid its super obvious telegraphed skills. Once avoided the SLB is as good as dead.

> > > > > > > > Look the meta comps, where is SLB?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Its in WvW, dealing 10-12k unblockable auto hits from 1800+ range while having stealth and very good mobility.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Getting Slb nerfed in pvp is one step closer to nerfs in WvW.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Do you play the mode (WvW)? Do you realize that no reasonable and good commander will take a SLB in his squad? I hope you don't need the reasons why they don't take it? Really, why do we have to talk about this when everyone knows that SLB is not preferred choice for WvW?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > EDIT: ROFL ahahahah "**10-12k Unblockable Autohits** from **1800+** range"!!!! When you show me 1800+ range autohit of 10-12k in WvW I will give you 1000 gold.

> > > > >

> > > > > Wvw is not about zerging, there is also thing as roaming. And do not make so brave bets, cuz I think u can lose it

> > > >

> > > > Basically, for anyone who's confused between 1500 and 1800 range, autoattack fails and does not activate. Reason being you're out of autoattack range. But you can still land arrows.

> > > > Please, educate yourself :)

> > > https://imgur.com/a/PGugmdB

> > > Barrage is 1500 range skill. Middle of the paw is 1500 range. Radius of the skill is 360. Still doesnt touch the golem and still some range left for it. Do the math or "educate yourself please :) "

> >

> > I respond only coz i see 2 likes of your post and I will repeat:

> > "10-12k Unblockable Autohits from 1800+ range"

> > Now, what do you miss here? Is it the dmg, is it the range or is it the autohits.

> > Can we stop?

> >

>

> Just give WvW the same build limitations as PvP.

Don't mention this in the WvW forum, they love their imbalance. :tongue:

> @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> > @"Faux Play.6104" said:

> > > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > > > @"praqtos.9035" said:

> > > > > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > > > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > > > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > > > > > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > > > > > > > > How can you guys suggest nerfs of SLB in plat 2+??

> > > > > > > > > This spec is absolutely hilarious and easy to avoid its super obvious telegraphed skills. Once avoided the SLB is as good as dead.

> > > > > > > > > Look the meta comps, where is SLB?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Its in WvW, dealing 10-12k unblockable auto hits from 1800+ range while having stealth and very good mobility.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Getting Slb nerfed in pvp is one step closer to nerfs in WvW.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Do you play the mode (WvW)? Do you realize that no reasonable and good commander will take a SLB in his squad? I hope you don't need the reasons why they don't take it? Really, why do we have to talk about this when everyone knows that SLB is not preferred choice for WvW?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > EDIT: ROFL ahahahah "**10-12k Unblockable Autohits** from **1800+** range"!!!! When you show me 1800+ range autohit of 10-12k in WvW I will give you 1000 gold.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Wvw is not about zerging, there is also thing as roaming. And do not make so brave bets, cuz I think u can lose it

> > > > >

> > > > > Basically, for anyone who's confused between 1500 and 1800 range, autoattack fails and does not activate. Reason being you're out of autoattack range. But you can still land arrows.

> > > > > Please, educate yourself :)

> > > > https://imgur.com/a/PGugmdB

> > > > Barrage is 1500 range skill. Middle of the paw is 1500 range. Radius of the skill is 360. Still doesnt touch the golem and still some range left for it. Do the math or "educate yourself please :) "

> > >

> > > I respond only coz i see 2 likes of your post and I will repeat:

> > > "10-12k Unblockable Autohits from 1800+ range"

> > > Now, what do you miss here? Is it the dmg, is it the range or is it the autohits.

> > > Can we stop?

> > >

> >

> > Just give WvW the same build limitations as PvP.

>

> Don't mention this in the WvW forum, they love their imbalance. :tongue:

Im a main WvW player and i would love the PvP Gear System in WvW.

Better Balance + easy access for new players.

> @"Solori.6025" said:

> .....But did he pay the gold after he was proven wrong?...

> That's what is really important here

Of course not. He written in his post "I dont care, you are all wrong and I'm right".May be you recognize a certain person ... starts with O and ends with A? Kinda the same

> > @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> > > @"Faux Play.6104" said:

> > > > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > > > > @"praqtos.9035" said:

> > > > > > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > > > > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > > > > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > > > > > > > > > How can you guys suggest nerfs of SLB in plat 2+??

> > > > > > > > > > This spec is absolutely hilarious and easy to avoid its super obvious telegraphed skills. Once avoided the SLB is as good as dead.

> > > > > > > > > > Look the meta comps, where is SLB?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Its in WvW, dealing 10-12k unblockable auto hits from 1800+ range while having stealth and very good mobility.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Getting Slb nerfed in pvp is one step closer to nerfs in WvW.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Do you play the mode (WvW)? Do you realize that no reasonable and good commander will take a SLB in his squad? I hope you don't need the reasons why they don't take it? Really, why do we have to talk about this when everyone knows that SLB is not preferred choice for WvW?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > EDIT: ROFL ahahahah "**10-12k Unblockable Autohits** from **1800+** range"!!!! When you show me 1800+ range autohit of 10-12k in WvW I will give you 1000 gold.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Wvw is not about zerging, there is also thing as roaming. And do not make so brave bets, cuz I think u can lose it

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Basically, for anyone who's confused between 1500 and 1800 range, autoattack fails and does not activate. Reason being you're out of autoattack range. But you can still land arrows.

> > > > > > Please, educate yourself :)

> > > > > https://imgur.com/a/PGugmdB

> > > > > Barrage is 1500 range skill. Middle of the paw is 1500 range. Radius of the skill is 360. Still doesnt touch the golem and still some range left for it. Do the math or "educate yourself please :) "

> > > >

> > > > I respond only coz i see 2 likes of your post and I will repeat:

> > > > "10-12k Unblockable Autohits from 1800+ range"

> > > > Now, what do you miss here? Is it the dmg, is it the range or is it the autohits.

> > > > Can we stop?

> > > >

> > >

> > > Just give WvW the same build limitations as PvP.

> >

> > Don't mention this in the WvW forum, they love their imbalance. :tongue:

>

> Im a main WvW player and i would love the PvP Gear System in WvW.

>

> Better Balance + easy access for new players.

>

>

I'd love it too. But every time this was mouthed in that forum, the majority was against it. Many people love their build optimizing, spending days and days crafting and spending money... well, to each their own.

> @"Multicolorhipster.9751" said:

> But personally I believe Herald, Holo, Scrapper, and Soulbeast are the most busted. Moreso in a DuoQ, but that goes for pretty much every class. The reasons vary from insane low CD unblockable damage spikes, no LoS ports that give similar effects, and way too good sustain potentially coupled with a good amount of CC and/or high damage.

>

> The more balanced classes are Scourge & Reaper, Firebrand, Mirage & Chrono, and Spellbreaker. The higher you climb, the more balanced these classes feel, at least; that was the case for me.

So out of curiousity... If as someone say above that the entire meta revolves around the scourge comps, and as someone else say that the scourge deletes boon heavy builds like scrapper/holo... yet the scourge is considered balanced but scrapper/holo is OP... how does that even work?

I havent played sPvP in like 6 months so I am completely out of touch.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> So out of curiousity... If as someone say above that the entire meta revolves around the scourge comps, and as someone else say that the scourge deletes boon heavy builds like scrapper/holo... yet the scourge is considered balanced but scrapper/holo is OP... how does that even work?

>

> I havent played sPvP in like 6 months so I am completely out of touch.

Everyone's got their own opinions, but; personally I believe the whole immortal Firebrand/Scourge midfight that existed on PoF release has been whittled down to a balanced state. To compare Holo & Scrapper, which are primarily side-noders to a DPS build is hard, but to compare Holo & Scrapper to the other side-noders is rather easy since there's so many of them and that's mostly who they outperform. Like... I play Spellbreaker, and that's meant to fill the same role as Holo and Scrapper, yet; I find the latter to be objectively better. They got more damage, range, sustain, about as much CC, more Stability & stunbreaks, and they can even have rampage. That skill everyone likes to complain about until they're blue in the face. Yeah, that's not exclusive to warrior like people think it is.

There's not really anything to compare Scourge to besides Reaper, and even then it's still necro, but; nowadays you can look at it retrospectively. A lot of these duelist classes can beat out FB/Scourge midfights together, whereas during the bunker meta; that was unheard of. You had to mirror FB/Scourge to stand any sort of chance, that was the only option. You could also use how many times you hear the phrase "Play sides" to gauge if you played now versus then.

On paper, Scourge should counter Holo, and to be fair; they do pretty well against them in actual 1v1s, but if in the context of any sort of match, if a Holo is fighting a Scourge 1v1, then someone isn't doing their job right. Good Scourges never stray too far from their team because if they get caught, they're super weak to CC and quick bursts; to which Holo is plenty capable of as well as pretty much any other duelist class I mentioned.

As for Scrapper, they have so many ways to mitigate condition damage that they only really need to worry about getting +1'd by a power class, and that works to their advantage in a lot of cases. They want to waste the other team's time and resources. Scourge is a big kahuna to waste.

Well if people want to turn this into a balance discussion:

Warrior: Healing sig is still a tad too much

Guard: Firebrand tomes increased CD sig of mercy 120s CD.

Rev: Revert most of the damage buffs this class received in the last years, change sword 4 back to block.

Ranger: Tone down SB stability uptime. Change the 4s unblockable trait to 2s

Thief: revert last patches nerfs thief was fine before

Engineer: Increase barrier sustain CD on scrapper from 3 to 5. Add cast times to some of the gyro tool belt so they cant be used while CCd

Necromancer: Most of what necro can do is tied to Firebrand so I would just leave it alone and see how it performs

Ele: Hard one to balance since technically ele is fine in WvW where the class can choose its stats. I'd focus on fire weaver.

Mesmer: Just give us GW1 mesmer back this class is a hallow shell of what it once was.

> @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> Well if people want to turn this into a balance discussion:

>

> Warrior: Healing sig is still a tad too much

> Guard: Firebrand tomes increased CD sig of mercy 120s CD.

> Rev: Revert most of the damage buffs this class received in the last years, change sword 4 back to block.

> Ranger: Tone down SB stability uptime. Change the 4s unblockable trait to 2s

> Thief: revert last patches nerfs thief was fine before

> Engineer: Increase barrier sustain CD on scrapper from 3 to 5. Add cast times to some of the gyro tool belt so they cant be used while CCd

> Necromancer: Most of what necro can do is tied to Firebrand so I would just leave it alone and see how it performs

> Ele: Hard one to balance since technically ele is fine in WvW where the class can choose its stats. I'd focus on fire weaver.

> Mesmer: Just give us GW1 mesmer back this class is a hallow shell of what it once was.

>

>

>

>

>

Of all the things warrior has you choose Heal Sig to be nerfed?

If GW1 mesmer came to Gw2 .... ohhh boy the outrage would be the biggest in gw history.

> > @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> > Well if people want to turn this into a balance discussion:

> >

> > Warrior: Healing sig is still a tad too much

> > Guard: Firebrand tomes increased CD sig of mercy 120s CD.

> > Rev: Revert most of the damage buffs this class received in the last years, change sword 4 back to block.

> > Ranger: Tone down SB stability uptime. Change the 4s unblockable trait to 2s

> > Thief: revert last patches nerfs thief was fine before

> > Engineer: Increase barrier sustain CD on scrapper from 3 to 5. Add cast times to some of the gyro tool belt so they cant be used while CCd

> > Necromancer: Most of what necro can do is tied to Firebrand so I would just leave it alone and see how it performs

> > Ele: Hard one to balance since technically ele is fine in WvW where the class can choose its stats. I'd focus on fire weaver.

> > Mesmer: Just give us GW1 mesmer back this class is a hallow shell of what it once was.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Of all the things warrior has you choose Heal Sig to be nerfed?

This dud... out of touch with reality /shrug

herald and scrapper, my perspective is mirage mostly but i also played scourge, holo, ranger

last season for me it depended on what time i played, because i often played both during the day and evening, so quiet or busy hours.

if you're the only plat 2/3 player in your team and you face a duo plat 2+ team which includes a herald, there is pretty much no chance of winning. Then in the same game you face a gold 3 scrapper which refuses to die in case you try to avoid herald+x death train

now in prime hours it's much more balanced since most likely both teams have duo teams and scrapper is not so common, and easily dealt with. Here herald is again very overpowered though, most games have at least 2 in them.