Should the Skyscale map currency be reduced?

So near impossible that I managed to farmed the currencies within 2-3 days.

Here some recomendations

Map completion gives 25 of each currency in all maps except sandswept.

You can buy 5 currency from each heart vendor once per day per character. The exception to this is istan in which you get 25 per vendor.

Doing this is generally the quickest way to get them more so if you have alts.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"eldrin.6471" said:

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > @"eldrin.6471" said:

> > > doing the same thing over and over that you not enjoy for weeks on end is grind in what was marketed as a no grind game.

> >

> > MMOs are a game of grinding. There are no exceptions. It is as core to the game design as jumping puzzles and secret doors are to platform games.

> >

> > What GW2 does differently, however, is that the grind is optional. You can see every story, and participate in every piece of content in the game without having to grind anything.

> >

> > You think I'm kidding? You don't even need to level crafting in this game to see all the content.

> >

> > WvW, Dungeons, T1 Fractals and Raids are all accessible wearing nothing but exotic gear, all of which is purchasable from the TP with gold you can buy with a credit card. All that is required of a player is to hit LV 80, assuming you don't use the free boost they give you.

> >

> > Compare that to other titles like WoW that require you to grind just to play the game. Do you think a new player to WoW can use the boost and jump right into 5 player / 10 player content? The game won't even allow them to queue up for it until they have grinding out new gear and increased their iLVL.

> >

> > GW2's grinds are optional, and mostly revolve around cosmetic accessories (like Legendaries). I do agree that this collection for the Skyscale is a misstep on ANET's part, and was way overboard for a mount, but that doesn't mean they have abandoned their original philosophy.

> >

> > If you don't want to grind, you don't have to, and will still be able to kill every boss available in every part of this game. No other MMO I'm aware of can boast that.

> >

>

> guild wars 2 was advertised as a no grind game. this is what was said in there manifesto

>

> So if you love MMORPGs, you should check out Guild Wars 2. But if you hate traditional MMORPGs, then you should really check out Guild Wars 2. Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs. It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill; it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun rather than just having fun; and of course,

> now we got that grinding treadmill to progress our lvl and unlock a new item ie sky scale

>

> Grinding refers to the playing time spent doing repetitive tasks within a game to unlock a particular game item or to build the experience needed to progress smoothly through the game..

You are facing grinding because you decided that you WANT to have the mount and you want it FAST. In reality you DON'T NEED it, because it is purely optional and even a luxury mount. I'm sorry that you have so many struggles with it, but this mount at this moment is not required for any content in the game other than showing off. You can visit Dragonfall vendor once a day and little by little gather the necessary amount of currencies with no grinding needed whatsoever.

Maybe it is not a legendary item, but it is just as much a vanity thing as a legendary, just because it does not give you advantage in any game mode. You might as well be complaining that you decided that you want legendary weapon and omg it is so much grinding and currency needed. All the really necessary items (exotic armor/weapons; core mounts, gliding) to play the game are obtainable easily a.k.a. no grinding is needed. It is only normal that luxury items take more effort to obtain.

> @"Nemezijus.6851" said:

>

> You are facing grinding because you decided that you WANT to have the mount and you want it FAST. In reality you DON'T NEED it, because it is purely optional and even a luxury mount. I'm sorry that you have so many struggles with it, but this mount at this moment is not required for any content in the game other than showing off. You can visit Dragonfall vendor once a day and little by little gather the necessary amount of currencies with no grinding needed whatsoever.

>

> Maybe it is not a legendary item, but it is just as much a vanity thing as a legendary, just because it does not give you advantage in any game mode. You might as well be complaining that you decided that you want legendary weapon and omg it is so much grinding and currency needed. All the really necessary items (exotic armor/weapons; core mounts, gliding) to play the game are obtainable easily a.k.a. no grinding is needed. It is only normal that luxury items take more effort to obtain.

This is exactly right. I decided I wanted the non-essential mount and getting it quickly means a long, boring grind since I don't have the currencies stored up nor am I a fast player. So I decided after a few days of grinding and watching my brain cells die and fall on my keyboard from extreme boredom that I'm not going to rush this any more. Either the currencies get reduced in today's patch or I move on and stop thinking about it. I'll get the currencies eventually through the VM vendor because I've come to loathe the LW4 maps.

Comparing the grind to crafting a legendary is apt, too. I'm working on my first Legendary Weapon and hate it; my first shall be my last. Grind, grind, grind. Ugh. "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in ~~the grind~~ our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings." I'm not going to be a slave to the grind any more. Depending on what's in the patch today, I might take a game break for a while. No, you can't have my stuff.

seems a few of you enjoy the new grind fest added to the game aka sky scale collection.

but the reality is that anet sold this game to me 7 years ago .and i bought it based on there claims of no grind treadmill in there manifesto.

yet here we are 7 years latter with all character progression ie new mastery system locked behind said grind.

more to it than a mount.

> @"eldrin.6471" said:

> seems a few of you enjoy the new grind fest added to the game aka sky scale collection.

> but the reality is that anet sold this game to me 7 years ago .and i bought it based on there claims of no grind treadmill in there manifesto.

> yet here we are 7 years latter with all character progression ie new mastery system locked behind said grind.

> more to it than a mount.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/No-grind-philosophy/page/4#post4733273

> @"eldrin.6471" said:

> seems a few of you enjoy the new grind fest added to the game aka sky scale collection.

> but the reality is that anet sold this game to me 7 years ago .and i bought it based on there claims of no grind treadmill in there manifesto.

> yet here we are 7 years latter with all character progression ie new mastery system locked behind said grind.

> more to it than a mount.

There is more than 200 people here saying that material price is reasonable, and its a majority in this poll.

And with risk of repeating myself I will just emphasize that there is no real grind needed for highest stat armor or weapons. All the essential expansion masteries are easily obtainable. Only luxury items, like this mount, require much more work. But gameplay-wise you have the same ceiling level as everyone else.

Mastery points is just a shiny number which gives you no benefit (no loot scaling or related improvements). So not having some extra numbers because of mount mastery track is still in the category 'WANT', same applies to Raid masteries, which you probably don't have either and shouldnt worry yourself about.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"eldrin.6471" said:

> > seems a few of you enjoy the new grind fest added to the game aka sky scale collection.

> > but the reality is that anet sold this game to me 7 years ago .and i bought it based on there claims of no grind treadmill in there manifesto.

> > yet here we are 7 years latter with all character progression ie new mastery system locked behind said grind.

> > more to it than a mount.

>

> https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/No-grind-philosophy/page/4#post4733273

did you read the part about not needing to grind for lvls in the post you linked?

Grind: To us, grind means being required to do the same boring activity over and over again. In particular, the biggest reference we’re talking about here in traditional MMO’s is having to kill the same creatures over and over again to farm for levels

ye right.just put the word mastery in front.and grind becomes ok.

not in my book.

the mastery system is how we progress our characters.and that is now locked behind this grind fest collection.

> @"eldrin.6471" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"eldrin.6471" said:

> > > seems a few of you enjoy the new grind fest added to the game aka sky scale collection.

> > > but the reality is that anet sold this game to me 7 years ago .and i bought it based on there claims of no grind treadmill in there manifesto.

> > > yet here we are 7 years latter with all character progression ie new mastery system locked behind said grind.

> > > more to it than a mount.

> >

> > https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/No-grind-philosophy/page/4#post4733273

>

> did you read the part about not needing to grind for lvls in the post you linked?

> Grind: To us, grind means being required to do the same boring activity over and over again. In particular, the biggest reference we’re talking about here in traditional MMO’s is having to kill the same creatures over and over again to farm for levels

>

> ye right.just put the word mastery in front.and grind becomes ok.

> not in my book.

>

Masteries are not levels and you can get XP from many sources. You’re not required to do what older MMO’s required. Also, only a handful of masteries are actually required for the story.

> @"Nemezijus.6851" said:

>

> There is more than 200 people here saying that material price is reasonable, and its a majority in this poll.

>

Two hundred people are a tiny drop in the ocean of GW2 players. I believe most players don't post on the forums and don't even read them. As in retail, when someone is unhappy with an experience (in this case, gaming), they rarely complain or comment. They just leave and take their business elsewhere.

> @"Witch of Doom.5739" said:

> > @"Nemezijus.6851" said:

> >

> > There is more than 200 people here saying that material price is reasonable, and its a majority in this poll.

> >

>

> Two hundred people are a tiny drop in the ocean of GW2 players. I believe most players don't post on the forums and don't even read them. As in retail, when someone is unhappy with an experience (in this case, gaming), they rarely complain or comment. They just leave and take their business elsewhere.

If the poll results were flipped, would you be brushing it off in a similar manner?

Would you have made this same post?

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Witch of Doom.5739" said:

> > > @"Nemezijus.6851" said:

> > >

> > > There is more than 200 people here saying that material price is reasonable, and its a majority in this poll.

> > >

> >

> > Two hundred people are a tiny drop in the ocean of GW2 players. I believe most players don't post on the forums and don't even read them. As in retail, when someone is unhappy with an experience (in this case, gaming), they rarely complain or comment. They just leave and take their business elsewhere.

>

> If the poll results were flipped, would you be brushing it off in a similar manner?

>

> Would you have made this same post?

I might not have been inspired to make the same post, but my thoughts stand. 200 people in this game is nothing compared to the entire player base. And I've worked enough decades to know that if people are unhappy with a store, restaurant, doctor, you name it, they just leave and don't come back, without saying anything.

> @"Astrolicus.3716" said:

> It seems that the developers do not really care about the opinion of the people.

Whose opinion though?

> @"Witch of Doom.5739" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Witch of Doom.5739" said:

> > > > @"Nemezijus.6851" said:

> > > >

> > > > There is more than 200 people here saying that material price is reasonable, and its a majority in this poll.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Two hundred people are a tiny drop in the ocean of GW2 players. I believe most players don't post on the forums and don't even read them. As in retail, when someone is unhappy with an experience (in this case, gaming), they rarely complain or comment. They just leave and take their business elsewhere.

> >

> > If the poll results were flipped, would you be brushing it off in a similar manner?

> >

> > Would you have made this same post?

>

> I might not have been inspired to make the same post, but my thoughts stand. 200 people in this game is nothing compared to the entire player base. And I've worked enough decades to know that if people are unhappy with a store, restaurant, doctor, you name it, they just leave and don't come back, without saying anything.

The poll does give indication that there’s more likelihood that the player base would favor the currencies not being reduced than having them reduced.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> The poll does give indication that there’s more likelihood that the player base would favor the currencies not being reduced than having them reduced.

>

Yes, the tiny fraction of the player base that reads these forums and bothers to respond.

At any rate, I was waiting until today's patch to see if the map currency requirements would be lowered, and they weren't, so to save my sanity I'm going to step back from the parts of the game that are stressing me (have to take frequent breaks anyway for my motion sickness). I'm truly happy for those players who either had the currencies stockpiled or do not find gathering them to be a boring, mind-numbing grind. If this is the direction that GW2 is going in the future, perhaps even more parts of it are not for me. No rage, no quitting, just sad resignation and no more gem purchases for a while.

184 voted Yes, 224 voted No.

Wow, such majority.

Less skin sales, less money. So the only vote here that matters is with a wallet and I see the trend of it. Good job anet, you added another player who isn't going to spend his shekels on your product.

> @"Urgi.3504" said:

> 184 voted Yes, 224 voted No.

>

> Wow, such majority.

> Less skin sales, less money. So the only vote here that matters is with a wallet and I see the trend of it. Good job anet, you added another player who isn't going to spend his shekels on your product.

Yup I'm not doing it either

No skins for me, No money for Anet.

I love how people call this content...sorry guys but this abomination is not content, running from point A to point B and C and D and so on to click on F to pick up invisible items we later destroy because NOT needed for real is not content nor I will dare call a collection.

Take a look at legendaries collections, these give you real tasks to including events and bosses and you also get to learn more about the lore of the game,griffon collections had a few pick up tasks but it led to good events as well and more lore.

Skyscale is maybe 20% not pick up tasks, mother of dragon simulation and how to be a parent and that's it.

You can lie to yourself all you want but this disgrace of a dragon, or wyvern or batman collections were made to stretch content because Anet lost their touch...expect more bs like this in the future.

As I didn't have time to play LS4, this entire collection has became a huge wall to me. What needs to happen is the frequency of currency drops and rewards needs to be increased. Because 250 for five-six maps is complete crap to a returning player.

> @"eldrin.6471" said:

> Grinding refers to the playing time spent doing repetitive tasks within a game to unlock a particular game item or to build the experience needed to progress smoothly through the game.

> that is the definition of grinding in an mmorpg .if you struggle with the meaning of the word google it.

That's exactly what I referred to if only had you paid attention to what I wrote - maybe that's why you struggled with the meaning of the word, you don't read attentively? or maybe it is because you automatically jump on "google" as the be-all-end-all when, for specifically linguistic purposes, it should NOT be used? or maybe yet, you just struggle with both things there... anyway... again: it is **your** choice to "grind" whatever content for the currency you want as fast as possible; maps have been out for several months with a ton of content, story and achievements packed in - I did those for playing the content, the currency I accumulated was an unintentional by-product. You doing it "repeatedly" to exhaust content as fast as you can is not how it was intended or designed to be played, so calling back their manifesto on this makes even less sense.

Play for the journey, not the destination. Have fun.

> @"Typh.8027" said:

> As I didn't have time to play LS4, this entire collection has became a huge wall to me. What needs to happen is the frequency of currency drops and rewards needs to be increased. Because 250 for five-six maps is complete kitten to a returning player.

Exactly. People can drone on about how it's not a "real grind" because it's optional are just buying into the same garbage as usual. Just like mount skins, just like loot boxes, they're optional, so you're not allowed to complain. They put desirable things behind unpleasant methods (paying real life money or spending copious amounts of time doing only one thing) and then make it optional so you sheep will defend this terrible decision. Mounts were a huge point of PoF both in its advertisement and navigating the map. You _need_ some of them to do certain story stuff. Yet it's somehow justifiable to make a couple of optional ones and make them stupid annoying to get?

I've enjoyed the parts of the collection that had you helping Skyscales, collecting their eggs, hatching your own, playing with it, etc. because it's fun, there's some lore, and it's something that I could do without any strain. But for whatever reason in grindy MMOs (sorry but I've played GW2 since launch and earlier, and it's definitely way grindier than it used to be) things are perceived to have zero worth if you didn't suffer to obtain it, or if you didn't pay real money for it. What stuff do you see people showing off? Surely not dungeon armour, that's easy. You see people covered in legendary armour, back items, and stacked auras, atop their griffons with expensive gem store skins that were just released. Because of stuff like that, we can't just put a bit of time into a collection and have some fun earning it. You have to be a person that plays all day every day for weeks on end or someone who's willing to do that in order to catch up just to have something nice.

"Optional" in MMOs these days mean you'd better exhaust yourself physically and neglect your social life if you want it.

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> That’s what happens when a game dev don’t know how To retain players otherway...

Yeah some people claim that making us go back to previous zones makes it so those zones are more populated, but like a) at the cost of our fun, and b) only temporarily. Also it allows them to ignore the fact that there's very little reason to keep going back to a zone after doing certain content. So instead of making each zone worth going to (like a real incentive in the dailies or something), they just give us stupid grindy time-wasters.

I'm glad the grind is the only thing they adopted from other MMOs.