[Suggestion] Sorting mounts by priority

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> Whilst I have no objection to such a change, have you tried binding each mount to their own key?

I have no practical (i.e. easy to reach) keys left for this, so it's fastest for me to click. The external num block is impractical and slower for me to use than the UI.

> @"Trise.2865" said:

> Why? Hotkeys render the Mount Selector UI (and it's list order) utterly meaningless. Unless you're talking about the Radial Selector mod, which is not in any way ANet's issue.

Seriously, "why"? I have hotkeys for tons of stuff, and I am a fast clicker, so this is the most practical way for me.

Everytime someone suggests an UI improvement, there are always people who cry "Hotkey!" :s That's _completely_ beside the point.

> @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> I use keybinds for mine and have them set order of preference. It works great for me. I've never clicked the actual mount interface to use them.

As I just responded:

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > Whilst I have no objection to such a change, have you tried binding each mount to their own key?

>

> I have no practical (i.e. easy to reach) keys left for this, so it's fastest for me to click. The external num block is impractical and slower for me to use than the UI.

>

> > @"Trise.2865" said:

> > Why? Hotkeys render the Mount Selector UI (and it's list order) utterly meaningless. Unless you're talking about the Radial Selector mod, which is not in any way ANet's issue.

>

> Seriously, "why"? I have hotkeys for tons of stuff, and I am a fast clicker, so this is the most practical way for me.

>

> Everytime someone suggests an UI improvement, there are always people who cry "Hotkey!" :s That's _completely_ beside the point.

Please stop derailing with hotkey comments. I understand you don't need the UI for this, but there are people who actually use it.

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > Whilst I have no objection to such a change, have you tried binding each mount to their own key?

>

> I have no practical (i.e. easy to reach) keys left for this, so it's fastest for me to click. The external num block is impractical and slower for me to use than the UI.

>

> > @"Trise.2865" said:

> > Why? Hotkeys render the Mount Selector UI (and it's list order) utterly meaningless. Unless you're talking about the Radial Selector mod, which is not in any way ANet's issue.

>

> Seriously, "why"? I have hotkeys for tons of stuff, and I am a fast clicker, so this is the most practical way for me.

>

> Everytime someone suggests an UI improvement, there are always people who cry "Hotkey!" :s That's _completely_ beside the point.

Well there's your problem, change it. Problem solved.

> > @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> > I use keybinds for mine and have them set order of preference. It works great for me. I've never clicked the actual mount interface to use them.

>

> As I just responded:

>

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > Whilst I have no objection to such a change, have you tried binding each mount to their own key?

> >

> > I have no practical (i.e. easy to reach) keys left for this, so it's fastest for me to click. The external num block is impractical and slower for me to use than the UI.

> >

> > > @"Trise.2865" said:

> > > Why? Hotkeys render the Mount Selector UI (and it's list order) utterly meaningless. Unless you're talking about the Radial Selector mod, which is not in any way ANet's issue.

> >

> > Seriously, "why"? I have hotkeys for tons of stuff, and I am a fast clicker, so this is the most practical way for me.

> >

> > Everytime someone suggests an UI improvement, there are always people who cry "Hotkey!" :s That's _completely_ beside the point.

>

> Please stop derailing with hotkey comments. I understand you don't need the UI for this, but there are people who actually use it.

Your reply wasn't there as I was typing my post so I didn't see it due to timing. Anyway I think myself and others were just trying to offer a solution until and if your suggestion is implemented. Sorry for responding with a post meant to be helpful. Lesson learned. :lol:

> Everytime someone suggests an UI improvement,

It's just a change in the UI.

You seem to think it would help you more than using more keybinds; that doesn't mean it's beneficial overall.

I'm not convinced it's an improvement at all, as there is no useful "priority" order for how I use mounts that; it depends on the map and where I'm heading.

Instead of asking for a specific change, it would be more helpful to focus on the actual issue to address. In this case, it's that summoning a specific mount becomes increasingly convoluted with each new mount. The current mechanic is not sustainable, as there will be a practical limit on the number of mounts that can be shown/selected.

The advantages of stating the problem (rather than the player solution):

* There's more likely to be widespread support.

* Creative minds can brainstorm on all kinds of solutions, rather than critiquing the details of the proposal.

* ANet can readily see the issue, rather than getting lost by problems with the solution.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > Everytime someone suggests an UI improvement,

> It's just a change in the UI.

> You seem to think it would help you more than using more keybinds; that doesn't mean it's beneficial overall.

Well, I can only speak for myself, and I _know_ it would be beneficial _to me_. I am used to the Griffon being on top in the list, and now I keep accidentally pulling out the Skyscale 80% of the time - annoying.

Keybinds are no acceptable solution for me in this case, I have more important stuff to have close to WASD. You don't know at what accuracy and speed I click, so please don't tell me what's beneficial for players like me. Thank you.

P.S. A radial menu would even be better, but for now I would be content with a sorting option.

Yeah, I am not really sure what the issue is. Keybinds allow you to make and define your priorities. Currently, I can fit all the mounts on the number pad to the right on my keyboard. If Anet's goal is to add more in the future, I will probably remove the Roller Beetle and the Warclaw from the bind for something else more practical if need be. (They are very niche mounts right now). I put the Raptor, Springer, and the griffon on the 7,8,9 respectively as I use them the most. The Jackal, Skimmer and Roller beetle are 4,5, 6, respectively. Warclaw is on 3 as I use him the least. Still working on obtaining the Skyscale.