Rock Gazelle

GenerationX.9178

It really surprises me how many people still don't have reading comprehension skills. This bug has been explained multiple times in many threads, including this one, yet people still don't understand how it works or what exactly is going on even after it was just explained to them.

In that first video posted, the one testing it against the warrior npc, the second time the gazelle charges the warrior, it does 20k, not downing the warrior, therefore it did not proc the extra hits, which only proc during the downstate. The first time the gazelle charges the warrior, you can see that the first hit of the charge downs the warrior, therefore proccing the extra hits.

AND as many people have said before, this setup is absolutely garbage for actual pvp. You could kill the ranger by just looking at him. And most of the time, the gazelle is just walking around like a lost puppy looking for food, trying to paw at you but constantly missing cause you aint got time fo dat.

Does the damage need to toned down a little bit? Maybe. Nerfed by a large percent? No, it's not "way overtuned".

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @ChocolateBlaze.7840 said:

> It really surprises me how many people still don't have reading comprehension skills. This bug has been explained multiple times in many threads, including this one, yet people still don't understand how it works or what exactly is going on even after it was just explained to them.

>

> In that first video posted, the one testing it against the warrior npc, the second time the gazelle charges the warrior, it does 20k, not downing the warrior, therefore it did not proc the extra hits, which only proc during the downstate. The first time the gazelle charges the warrior, you can see that the first hit of the charge downs the warrior, therefore proccing the extra hits.

>

> AND as many people have said before, this setup is absolutely garbage for actual pvp. You could kill the ranger by just looking at him. And most of the time, the gazelle is just walking around like a lost puppy looking for food, trying to paw at you but constantly missing cause you aint got time fo dat.

>

> Does the damage need to toned down a little bit? Maybe. Nerfed by a large percent? No, it's not "way overtuned".

yeah its not like someone is posting video proof of a Sind (professional level thief) getting rekt by this or anything.......

> @ChocolateBlaze.7840 said:

> It really surprises me how many people still don't have reading comprehension skills. This bug has been explained multiple times in many threads, including this one, yet people still don't understand how it works or what exactly is going on even after it was just explained to them.

>

> In that first video posted, the one testing it against the warrior npc, the second time the gazelle charges the warrior, it does 20k, not downing the warrior, therefore it did not proc the extra hits, which only proc during the downstate. The first time the gazelle charges the warrior, you can see that the first hit of the charge downs the warrior, therefore proccing the extra hits.

>

> AND as many people have said before, this setup is absolutely garbage for actual pvp. You could kill the ranger by just looking at him. And most of the time, the gazelle is just walking around like a lost puppy looking for food, trying to paw at you but constantly missing cause you aint got time fo dat.

>

> Does the damage need to toned down a little bit? Maybe. Nerfed by a large percent? No, it's not "way overtuned".

Exactly. I favor Engineer and, when I do play Ranger, tend to camp beast form or use smokescale; I have no interest in having the gazelle be overpowered since I don't rely on it for damage and prefer to play another profession anyway. Of all the rangers using gazelle that I've faced (probably 1-2 per game since PoF came out), I've been hit for what I would call unreasonable amounts of damage from it like twice, and both times I was downed.

> @Jinks.2057 said:

> > @ChocolateBlaze.7840 said:

> > It really surprises me how many people still don't have reading comprehension skills. This bug has been explained multiple times in many threads, including this one, yet people still don't understand how it works or what exactly is going on even after it was just explained to them.

> >

> > In that first video posted, the one testing it against the warrior npc, the second time the gazelle charges the warrior, it does 20k, not downing the warrior, therefore it did not proc the extra hits, which only proc during the downstate. The first time the gazelle charges the warrior, you can see that the first hit of the charge downs the warrior, therefore proccing the extra hits.

> >

> > AND as many people have said before, this setup is absolutely garbage for actual pvp. You could kill the ranger by just looking at him. And most of the time, the gazelle is just walking around like a lost puppy looking for food, trying to paw at you but constantly missing cause you aint got time fo dat.

> >

> > Does the damage need to toned down a little bit? Maybe. Nerfed by a large percent? No, it's not "way overtuned".

>

> yeah its not like someone is posting video proof of a Sind (professional level thief) getting rekt by this or anything.......

I wasnt going to @ people but apparently you STILL dont get it.

Sind had 2k hp before he was hit by the gazelle. He gets hit by charge, downing him. NOW THE BUG COMES IN and does the rest of the 52k damage. The initial damage from the charge is not bad at all if you run a real setup instead of this garbage. In this particular situation, unbugged gazelle still would have downed him anyway. And then he could have been stomped. Or the gazelle could keep hitting him til he died.

> @huehuehueh.5106 said:

> hey anet, what in the bill cosby is this kitten?

> https://i.imgur.com/1zuGTOl.jpg

>

> 26,252 + 8,507 +14,461 + 8,507 + 14,461 =

> Instantly blasted with 72,188 damage FROM A PET. My health pool is 23k...

>

> Also no downstate lmao!

It's obvious that you haven't actually read the thread. Basically, some Rangers are running builds that buff their gazelle to do a lot of damage with charge. There is currently a bug with the skill that allows it to hit multiple times if the target is in the downed state; basically, the first hit puts you in downed state, then the bug takes effect and you get hit several times instantly while downed. There wasn't "no downstate", you went into downed state and subsequently took ~46,000 damage while downed, killing you.

It isn't a build that's actually useful, it's just a gimmick in conjunction with a bug and people are taking advantage of it.

> @Flarre.4850 said:

> Some people don't want their new broken tool nerf,it will be and it need to be.

It isn't my tool, and I just think that it needs a bug fix on its interaction with downed state, not a nerf. It isn't really any worse than other heavy hitting skills. Do you think hundred blades won't one hit you if someone based their entire build around boosting its damage?

> @"Unholy Pillager.3791" said:

> > @Flarre.4850 said:

> > Some people don't want their new broken tool nerf,it will be and it need to be.

>

> It isn't my tool, and I just think that it needs a bug fix on its interaction with downed state, not a nerf. It isn't really any worse than other heavy hitting skills. Do you think hundred blades won't one hit you if someone based their entire build around boosting its damage?

No it wont be possible to be OS by HB even if you invest on GS damage.Otherwise i take a 12k hit while fighting by a random jumping gazelle.

Pet are suppose to assist you not doing your job.

People argue that gazelle can t hit a moving target.Why do they even take it?

> @Flarre.4850 said:

> > @"Unholy Pillager.3791" said:

> > > @Flarre.4850 said:

> > > Some people don't want their new broken tool nerf,it will be and it need to be.

> >

> > It isn't my tool, and I just think that it needs a bug fix on its interaction with downed state, not a nerf. It isn't really any worse than other heavy hitting skills. Do you think hundred blades won't one hit you if someone based their entire build around boosting its damage?

>

> No it wont be possible to be OS by HB even if you invest on GS damage.Otherwise i take a 12k hit while fighting by a random jumping gazelle.

> Pet are suppose to assist you not doing your job.

> People argue that gazelle can t hit a moving target.Why do they even take it?

>

Because a lot of people don't move as much as they should or are prevented from moving because of animations (stomping, rezzing, etc.) or immobilize. And people take it despite its difficulty hitting moving targets because _most_ pets have difficulty hitting moving targets.

> Because a lot of people don't move as much as they should or are prevented from moving because of animations (stomping, rezzing, etc.) or immobilize. And people take it despite its difficulty hitting moving targets because _most_ pets have difficulty hitting moving targets.

You know a lot of skill have cast time and you can t move while doing it.

And what about team fight?you are cced a lot,root//chill a lot and OneShot bambi come from nowhere, down you and finish you from downed state in few second.

I don t know how a legitimate pvper could be "ok" with that.

Bambi is so bad and can t hit moving target that every pvp ranger run it.

Stop take us for newborn.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpookyAmazonianButterKappaPride

This guardian need to move faster ????

> @Razor.6392 said:

> > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > @Crinn.7864 said:

> > > > @GenerationX.9178 said:

> > > > According to the wiki the damage on skill is 3,865.

> > > That's literally 3 times the base damage of gravedigger.

> > >

> > > That can't be right

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Why not? It's on double the CD GD has if it hits a target above 50% health, GD can also recharge instantly and is 3 whirl finishers, the gazelle only has 1661 power, it takes longer to cast, it cannot track moving foes, rarely hits anything and it not able to be specifically controlled by the Ranger. I can do 20k hits all day on bosses with Gravedigger, I won't speak to the ability in PvP as I have no experience with it there.

> >

> > It is bugged in that it hits downed foes multiple times which gives the largest numbers, but you have to fully spec into the pet for it to be able to do 15-20k hits and it's not a good build to do that because of how unreliable they are and how easily they die.

>

> yeah! why not? for the next expansion let's put a nuclear warhead ability for a random class. it has 5% chance of hitting but it immediately kills anyone in the map. That would be balanced!

>

> Also give it like a 10 min cooldown for further balancing.

DO IT.

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> I'm just casually observing that there are ranger mains that think spellbreaker counter damage is broken, and then also ranger mains that think an AI add doing upwards of 70.000 damage is okay.

>

Can you quote someone with both? That would be funny to see.

> @Flarre.4850 said:

>

> > Because a lot of people don't move as much as they should or are prevented from moving because of animations (stomping, rezzing, etc.) or immobilize. And people take it despite its difficulty hitting moving targets because _most_ pets have difficulty hitting moving targets.

>

> You know a lot of skill have cast time and you can t move while doing it.

> And what about team fight?you are cced a lot,root//chill a lot and OneShot bambi come from nowhere, down you and finish you from downed state in few second.

> I don t know how a legitimate pvper could be "ok" with that.

> Bambi is so bad and can t hit moving target that every pvp ranger run it.

> Stop take us for newborn.

>

> https://clips.twitch.tv/SpookyAmazonianButterKappaPride

>

> This guardian need to move faster ????

/facepalm

Sigh. I don't think there is a single person in this thread that is OK with the Gazelle being able to delete people from downstate. Feel free to quote someone if there is. THE. DOWNSTATE. DAMAGE. IS. A. BUG. AND. IT. WILL. BE. FIXED.

> > @huehuehueh.5106 said:

> > hey anet, what in the bill cosby is this kitten?

> > https://i.imgur.com/1zuGTOl.jpg

> >

> > 26,252 + 8,507 +14,461 + 8,507 + 14,461 =

> > Instantly blasted with 72,188 damage FROM A PET. My health pool is 23k...

> >

> > Also no downstate lmao!

>

> It's obvious that you haven't actually read the thread. Basically, some Rangers are running builds that buff their gazelle to do a lot of damage with charge. There is currently a bug with the skill that allows it to hit multiple times if the target is in the downed state; basically, the first hit puts you in downed state, then the bug takes effect and you get hit several times instantly while downed. There wasn't "no downstate", you went into downed state and subsequently took ~46,000 damage while downed, killing you.

>

> It isn't a build that's actually useful, it's just a gimmick in conjunction with a bug and people are taking advantage of it.

Except I've been hit by 21k by gazelle outside of downstate (which then put me into downstate). Stop trying to justify this. There shouldn't be an instance where an AI CONTROLLED PET does more burst in one hit than the most damaging player abilities in game. I don't give a damn how hard it is to land.

> @Razor.6392 said:

> > > @huehuehueh.5106 said:

> > > hey anet, what in the bill cosby is this kitten?

> > > https://i.imgur.com/1zuGTOl.jpg

> > >

> > > 26,252 + 8,507 +14,461 + 8,507 + 14,461 =

> > > Instantly blasted with 72,188 damage FROM A PET. My health pool is 23k...

> > >

> > > Also no downstate lmao!

> >

> > It's obvious that you haven't actually read the thread. Basically, some Rangers are running builds that buff their gazelle to do a lot of damage with charge. There is currently a bug with the skill that allows it to hit multiple times if the target is in the downed state; basically, the first hit puts you in downed state, then the bug takes effect and you get hit several times instantly while downed. There wasn't "no downstate", you went into downed state and subsequently took ~46,000 damage while downed, killing you.

> >

> > It isn't a build that's actually useful, it's just a gimmick in conjunction with a bug and people are taking advantage of it.

>

> Except I've been hit by 21k by gazelle outside of downstate (which then put me into downstate). Stop trying to justify this. There shouldn't be an instance where an AI CONTROLLED PET does more burst in one hit than the most damaging player abilities in game. I don't give a kitten how hard it is to land.

That isn't the bug though. The bug is the multi hit.

> @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> Sigh. I don't think there is a single person in this thread that is OK with the Gazelle being able to delete people from downstate. Feel free to quote someone if there is. THE. DOWNSTATE. DAMAGE. IS. A. BUG. AND. IT. WILL. BE. FIXED.

Oh so the 16,8k on first hit without proper setup boons/vuln is fine? LOL

> @Frostball.9108 said:

> > Sigh. I don't think there is a single person in this thread that is OK with the Gazelle being able to delete people from downstate. Feel free to quote someone if there is. THE. DOWNSTATE. DAMAGE. IS. A. BUG. AND. IT. WILL. BE. FIXED.

>

> Oh so the 16,8k on first hit without proper setup boons/vuln is fine? LOL

>

You can't do that without proper setup. Sooo, yeah.

You've been able to do this sort of damage on demand for years with the Tiger anyway and NOBODY does it because it's so unreliable. You could also do this exact same thing since launch with a Drake/Sic Em/AoO/Opening Strike, they have been bugged for *years* as well, but it's a one trick pony and nobody does it.

> > @Frostball.9108 said:

> > > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > Sigh. I don't think there is a single person in this thread that is OK with the Gazelle being able to delete people from downstate. Feel free to quote someone if there is. THE. DOWNSTATE. DAMAGE. IS. A. BUG. AND. IT. WILL. BE. FIXED.

> >

> > Oh so the 16,8k on first hit without proper setup boons/vuln is fine? LOL

> >

>

> You can't do that without proper setup. Sooo, yeah.

>

> You've been able to do this sort of damage on demand for years with the Tiger anyway and NOBODY does it because it's so unreliable. You could also do this exact same thing since launch with a Drake/Sic Em/AoO/Opening Strike, they have been bugged for *years* as well, but it's a one trick pony and nobody does it.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpookyAmazonianButterKappaPride

> @Frostball.9108 said:

> > > @Frostball.9108 said:

> > > > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > > Sigh. I don't think there is a single person in this thread that is OK with the Gazelle being able to delete people from downstate. Feel free to quote someone if there is. THE. DOWNSTATE. DAMAGE. IS. A. BUG. AND. IT. WILL. BE. FIXED.

> > >

> > > Oh so the 16,8k on first hit without proper setup boons/vuln is fine? LOL

> > >

> >

> > You can't do that without proper setup. Sooo, yeah.

> >

> > You've been able to do this sort of damage on demand for years with the Tiger anyway and NOBODY does it because it's so unreliable. You could also do this exact same thing since launch with a Drake/Sic Em/AoO/Opening Strike, they have been bugged for *years* as well, but it's a one trick pony and nobody does it.

>

> https://clips.twitch.tv/SpookyAmazonianButterKappaPride

I'll break it down for you;

You got interrupted by Hilt Bash and the guy was traited with Moment of Clarity to give the pet 50% more damage on the next attack. You got Ancient Seeded by that as well. The pet was stowed to begin with so when it came out Clarion Bond was cast so the pet had at least 3 might and fury, if Nature Magic was traited, it would be 6 might at least. Strength of the Pack was just ending when he attacked you too so a couple more might maybe. He's also likely to be using Remorseless so that gives the Opening Strike +25% damage and you'd have at least 10 vulnerability from the Ranger and pets Opening Strikes which are guaranteed to crit. Opening Strike was refreshed by Remorseless proc for the other 12k hit while you were downed. He also used Quickening Zephyr right after the pet came out so it had quickness and superspeed and he likely used Sic Em as well. The pets don't move for at least 1s after unstowing.

If you were paying attention to the Ranger, you would have seen immediately he's got the pet stowed so he wants to burst you with it or at least hide it from you to begin with. Then when he got in combat, there was a giant howling wolf animation on top of him, that's your signal that a Ranger is going to burst you with a pet. So you do need to setup for it, you need a bunch of traits and skills, then you need to actually play half decent to make it happen. You need to stow the pet (so it uses the F3 when it appears) which you cannot do in combat. There are several tells for you, one being no pet, the other being the Attack of Opportunity and Clarion Bond buff on the Ranger.

So for this build you need;

* Clarion Bond

* Moment of Clarity

* Remorseless

* Ancient Seeds

* Quickening Zephyr

* Sic Em

* Strength of the Pack

* A stowed pet

* And also an interrupt immediately after entering combat to proc Moment of Clarity.

You just got burst, which required a decent portion of a build and a setup. You only needed to take 10k damage to be downed anyway, so it's not like you were going to fight on for more than 0.5s longer. You got hit by the Remorseless/AoO Maul as well, but it didn't matter because you were already dead. Lughlongarm is a good ranger.

> > > > @Frostball.9108 said:

> > > > > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > > > Sigh. I don't think there is a single person in this thread that is OK with the Gazelle being able to delete people from downstate. Feel free to quote someone if there is. THE. DOWNSTATE. DAMAGE. IS. A. BUG. AND. IT. WILL. BE. FIXED.

> > > >

> > > > Oh so the 16,8k on first hit without proper setup boons/vuln is fine? LOL

> > > >

> > >

> > > You can't do that without proper setup. Sooo, yeah.

> > >

> > > You've been able to do this sort of damage on demand for years with the Tiger anyway and NOBODY does it because it's so unreliable. You could also do this exact same thing since launch with a Drake/Sic Em/AoO/Opening Strike, they have been bugged for *years* as well, but it's a one trick pony and nobody does it.

> >

> > https://clips.twitch.tv/SpookyAmazonianButterKappaPride

>

>

> I'll break it down for you;

> You got interrupted by Hilt Bash and the guy was traited with Moment of Clarity to give the pet 50% more damage on the next attack. You got Ancient Seeded by that as well. The pet was stowed to begin with so when it came out Clarion Bond was cast so the pet had at least 3 might and fury, if Nature Magic was traited, it would be 6 might at least. Strength of the Pack was just ending when he attacked you too so a couple more might maybe. He's also likely to be using Remorseless so that gives the Opening Strike +25% damage and you'd have at least 10 vulnerability from the Ranger and pets Opening Strikes which are guaranteed to crit. Opening Strike was refreshed by Remorseless proc for the other 12k hit while you were downed. He also used Quickening Zephyr right after the pet came out so it had quickness and superspeed and he likely used Sic Em as well. The pets don't move for at least 1s after unstowing.

>

> If you were paying attention to the Ranger, you would have seen immediately he's got the pet stowed so he wants to burst you with it or at least hide it from you to begin with. Then when he got in combat, there was a giant howling wolf animation on top of him, that's your signal that a Ranger is going to burst you with a pet. So you do need to setup for it, you need a bunch of traits and skills, then you need to actually play half decent to make it happen. You need to stow the pet (so it uses the F3 when it appears) which you cannot do in combat. There are several tells for you, one being no pet, the other being the Attack of Opportunity and Clarion Bond buff on the Ranger.

>

> So for this build you need;

> * Clarion Bond

> * Moment of Clarity

> * Remorseless

> * Ancient Seeds

> * Quickening Zephyr

> * Sic Em

> * Strength of the Pack

> * A stowed pet

> * And also an interrupt immediately after entering combat to proc Moment of Clarity.

>

> You just got burst, which required a decent portion of a build and a setup. You only needed to take 10k damage to be downed anyway, so it's not like you were going to fight on for more than 0.5s longer. You got hit by the Remorseless/AoO Maul as well, but it didn't matter because you were already dead. Lughlongarm is a good ranger.

A part of the things you listed werent used in the clip, dont try to make it look like they wouldve been, theyre not needed for this amount of damage or the succession of the "burst". I know exactly what comes in to play in the clip so theres no use trying to misguide me. The so called "tells" arent real tells unless you know what build he is running which you cant know on first encounter apart from the gazelle itself which has a negligible animation with the stow without taking in consideration it could be used in a cluttered teamfight which would make it even worse. Save your shitty defenses for someone else.

Edit: The amount of damage the ranger needed to down me is irrelevant along with half your post, try and stay on the topic.

> /facepalm

>

> Sigh. I don't think there is a single person in this thread that is OK with the Gazelle being able to delete people from downstate. Feel free to quote someone if there is. THE. DOWNSTATE. DAMAGE. IS. A. BUG. AND. IT. WILL. BE. FIXED.

/facepalm

i already said that i take a 12k from the gazelle at the beginning of the team fight in PVP,

A druid with staff/longbow just put ramdomly the gazelle on my ass,press f2 and i take 12k,during this time he can unload rapide fire and finish the job!

Who's the pet in the story?the druid?

The druid(the good one) is a freaking hard class to beat in 1v1,did they need this kind of pet?no

Did soulbeast need some love?yes like a lot of new elites

> @Frostball.9108 said:

> > > @Frostball.9108 said:

> > > > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > > > @Frostball.9108 said:

> > > > > > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > > > > Sigh. I don't think there is a single person in this thread that is OK with the Gazelle being able to delete people from downstate. Feel free to quote someone if there is. THE. DOWNSTATE. DAMAGE. IS. A. BUG. AND. IT. WILL. BE. FIXED.

> > > > >

> > > > > Oh so the 16,8k on first hit without proper setup boons/vuln is fine? LOL

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > You can't do that without proper setup. Sooo, yeah.

> > > >

> > > > You've been able to do this sort of damage on demand for years with the Tiger anyway and NOBODY does it because it's so unreliable. You could also do this exact same thing since launch with a Drake/Sic Em/AoO/Opening Strike, they have been bugged for *years* as well, but it's a one trick pony and nobody does it.

> > >

> > > https://clips.twitch.tv/SpookyAmazonianButterKappaPride

> >

> >

> > I'll break it down for you;

> > You got interrupted by Hilt Bash and the guy was traited with Moment of Clarity to give the pet 50% more damage on the next attack. You got Ancient Seeded by that as well. The pet was stowed to begin with so when it came out Clarion Bond was cast so the pet had at least 3 might and fury, if Nature Magic was traited, it would be 6 might at least. Strength of the Pack was just ending when he attacked you too so a couple more might maybe. He's also likely to be using Remorseless so that gives the Opening Strike +25% damage and you'd have at least 10 vulnerability from the Ranger and pets Opening Strikes which are guaranteed to crit. Opening Strike was refreshed by Remorseless proc for the other 12k hit while you were downed. He also used Quickening Zephyr right after the pet came out so it had quickness and superspeed and he likely used Sic Em as well. The pets don't move for at least 1s after unstowing.

> >

> > If you were paying attention to the Ranger, you would have seen immediately he's got the pet stowed so he wants to burst you with it or at least hide it from you to begin with. Then when he got in combat, there was a giant howling wolf animation on top of him, that's your signal that a Ranger is going to burst you with a pet. So you do need to setup for it, you need a bunch of traits and skills, then you need to actually play half decent to make it happen. You need to stow the pet (so it uses the F3 when it appears) which you cannot do in combat. There are several tells for you, one being no pet, the other being the Attack of Opportunity and Clarion Bond buff on the Ranger.

> >

> > So for this build you need;

> > * Clarion Bond

> > * Moment of Clarity

> > * Remorseless

> > * Ancient Seeds

> > * Quickening Zephyr

> > * Sic Em

> > * Strength of the Pack

> > * A stowed pet

> > * And also an interrupt immediately after entering combat to proc Moment of Clarity.

> >

> > You just got burst, which required a decent portion of a build and a setup. You only needed to take 10k damage to be downed anyway, so it's not like you were going to fight on for more than 0.5s longer. You got hit by the Remorseless/AoO Maul as well, but it didn't matter because you were already dead. Lughlongarm is a good ranger.

>

> A part of the things you listed werent used in the clip, dont try to make it look like they wouldve been, theyre not needed for this amount of damage or the succession of the "burst". I know exactly what comes in to play in the clip so theres no use trying to misguide me. The so called "tells" arent real tells unless you know what build he is running which you cant know on first encounter apart from the gazelle itself which has a negligible animation with the stow without taking in consideration it could be used in a cluttered teamfight which would make it even worse. Save your kitten defenses for someone else.

>

> Edit: The amount of damage the ranger needed to down me is irrelevant along with half your post, try and stay on the topic.

What parts weren't used in the clip? I watched it a bunch of times to try and figure out the build, so let me know what I missed. Please, can you define a "real" tell? I would think that a massive howling wolf animation was a reasonable one, as well as the fact that there is no pet running around randomly next to the Ranger, as well as the AoO and Clarion Bond icons on his skill bar. So, you got caught on first encounter, now when you see a Ranger running about with no pet, a GS, the Clarion Bond icon and or the AoO icon on his bar, you will know how to react.

> > > > @Frostball.9108 said:

> > > > > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > > > > @Frostball.9108 said:

> > > > > > > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > > > > > Sigh. I don't think there is a single person in this thread that is OK with the Gazelle being able to delete people from downstate. Feel free to quote someone if there is. THE. DOWNSTATE. DAMAGE. IS. A. BUG. AND. IT. WILL. BE. FIXED.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Oh so the 16,8k on first hit without proper setup boons/vuln is fine? LOL

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > You can't do that without proper setup. Sooo, yeah.

> > > > >

> > > > > You've been able to do this sort of damage on demand for years with the Tiger anyway and NOBODY does it because it's so unreliable. You could also do this exact same thing since launch with a Drake/Sic Em/AoO/Opening Strike, they have been bugged for *years* as well, but it's a one trick pony and nobody does it.

> > > >

> > > > https://clips.twitch.tv/SpookyAmazonianButterKappaPride

> > >

> > >

> > > I'll break it down for you;

> > > You got interrupted by Hilt Bash and the guy was traited with Moment of Clarity to give the pet 50% more damage on the next attack. You got Ancient Seeded by that as well. The pet was stowed to begin with so when it came out Clarion Bond was cast so the pet had at least 3 might and fury, if Nature Magic was traited, it would be 6 might at least. Strength of the Pack was just ending when he attacked you too so a couple more might maybe. He's also likely to be using Remorseless so that gives the Opening Strike +25% damage and you'd have at least 10 vulnerability from the Ranger and pets Opening Strikes which are guaranteed to crit. Opening Strike was refreshed by Remorseless proc for the other 12k hit while you were downed. He also used Quickening Zephyr right after the pet came out so it had quickness and superspeed and he likely used Sic Em as well. The pets don't move for at least 1s after unstowing.

> > >

> > > If you were paying attention to the Ranger, you would have seen immediately he's got the pet stowed so he wants to burst you with it or at least hide it from you to begin with. Then when he got in combat, there was a giant howling wolf animation on top of him, that's your signal that a Ranger is going to burst you with a pet. So you do need to setup for it, you need a bunch of traits and skills, then you need to actually play half decent to make it happen. You need to stow the pet (so it uses the F3 when it appears) which you cannot do in combat. There are several tells for you, one being no pet, the other being the Attack of Opportunity and Clarion Bond buff on the Ranger.

> > >

> > > So for this build you need;

> > > * Clarion Bond

> > > * Moment of Clarity

> > > * Remorseless

> > > * Ancient Seeds

> > > * Quickening Zephyr

> > > * Sic Em

> > > * Strength of the Pack

> > > * A stowed pet

> > > * And also an interrupt immediately after entering combat to proc Moment of Clarity.

> > >

> > > You just got burst, which required a decent portion of a build and a setup. You only needed to take 10k damage to be downed anyway, so it's not like you were going to fight on for more than 0.5s longer. You got hit by the Remorseless/AoO Maul as well, but it didn't matter because you were already dead. Lughlongarm is a good ranger.

> >

> > A part of the things you listed werent used in the clip, dont try to make it look like they wouldve been, theyre not needed for this amount of damage or the succession of the "burst". I know exactly what comes in to play in the clip so theres no use trying to misguide me. The so called "tells" arent real tells unless you know what build he is running which you cant know on first encounter apart from the gazelle itself which has a negligible animation with the stow without taking in consideration it could be used in a cluttered teamfight which would make it even worse. Save your kitten defenses for someone else.

> >

> > Edit: The amount of damage the ranger needed to down me is irrelevant along with half your post, try and stay on the topic.

>

> What parts weren't used in the clip? I watched it a bunch of times to try and figure out the build, so let me know what I missed. Please, can you define a "real" tell? I would think that a massive howling wolf animation was a reasonable one, as well as the fact that there is no pet running around randomly next to the Ranger, as well as the AoO and Clarion Bond icons on his skill bar. So, you got caught on first encounter, now when you see a Ranger running about with no pet, a GS, the Clarion Bond icon and or the AoO icon on his bar, you will know how to react.

These things can be used in other builds as well (howling animation), they dont tell you this person is running a oneshot build with gazelle, pet stowing can be used in any case. Did you see reveal on my bar? I died before ancient seeds took any effect on me and quickening zephyr wasnt used, it was lesser quickening zephyr. No vulnerability either from what i can see, the conditions i got seem to be poison weakness burning and cripple.