Congratulations to mesmers on their new legendary accessory.

> @"pinguadoido.6581" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > @"pinguadoido.6581" said:

> > > > @"EdDreath.2508" said:

> > > > we sorely lack a real sinister-looking aura :(

> > >

> > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Nightfury_Skin

> >

> > sinister, not some dead flies.

>

> Dead flies accumulate on dead buddies or dirty butt. If I see someone walking with dead flies around them I would consider either option god kitten sinister.

Nope. its a shoulder skin.. not aura derived from legendary. Well its cool but more of a fancy gothic vampire fashion for me.. not much sinister (subjective)..

dead flies zombie theme is more towards gruesome than sinister..

People keep saying "Don't worry, they combine!" NO, the aura color does not change when you combine them, only the effect. This thread, and the complaints, are about the aura itself being purple, and have nothing to do with the effects.

> @"dodgerrule.8739" said:

> I don’t know what you mean. My aurora isn’t purple or have purple auras. It could be canceled out by the infusion colors I have in my gear.

>

> To me all I see are clear orbs and a pathway that’s brighter but definitely not purple

Yes, infusions use additive blending for their effects, this means that if you use blue and purple you'll get indigo. Or purple and yellow will make cream. But there's not alot of other infusions to make this work properly., and they're expensive.

(Not to mention no way to preview the effects..)

To be fair, my complaint is about us not being able to shut off the visuals and them making purple accessory **again**. I can imagine any color would cause part of community to be unhappy, but not being able to turn it off and having it done twice in a row with no alternatives is what ticks me off and makes me middle finger legendary trinket crafting.

It really feels like the icon for one of the parts looks like what Vision is supposed to look like with the bubbles. The icon on the actual Vision is what its supposed to look like when you combine Vision with Aurora.

Are we certain that maybe the way default Vision looks like and the combined effects isn't broken? The devs need to really respond to this. Two legendaries that looks the exact same separately is the opposite direction of quality the dev team is striving for.

> @"InkTide.1908" said:

> Perhaps the most amusing thing to me is that mesmer clones display a different effect from either one 'legendary' trinket or both - four orbs tethered to a black central orb with lightning.

>

> This leaves several possibilities - perhaps the black orb is intended to be Vision's effect, or maybe Vision's effect was intended to be the globs and the combined effect was supposed to be the black orb.

>

> However, the most common conclusion I'm seeing is that the black orb is likely the intended effect of 3 legendary trinkets, one of which would be Coalescence.

>

> In any case, to call an item that by itself is no more than a copied skin a 'legendary' reward to round out an entire season of living world content seems... disingenuous.

>

> I find the orbs of Aurora to be aesthetically... jarring. They would ruin the cohesiveness of every outfit I attempt to construct, provided that I didn't intend to use copious amounts of pink and purple dyes in said outfit. I had just decided to forgo crafting Aurora, and hoped that LS4's legendary trinket would be something not clearly designed for mesmers and mesmers alone. It seems that, not only was a non-mesmer skin too much to hope for, my base assumption that a new legendary trinket would surely come with a new skin put far too much faith in ArenaNet.

Is their a clip of the clone effect somewhere?

Working on mine now. Probably have a week or more of work to do on the "not-so-fun-eraries", but most everything else has been crafted and ready to go. Sad to hear it's not like 'lights' that will go with anything. My main is in yellow. :disappointed:

But, I guess I'll put it on my Mesmer with Aurora. :3

Update: Well, the Funeraries ended up being pretty easy. Didn't realize how many elegies you could get from doing the Treasure Hunt in DH, and I had quite a bit of contracts (and they added two new non-limited purchases that take each of those in the last patch). I thought I was going to be grinding hearts in DoV. :3

And while I'd love to have those legendary items on my main, they do look good on my Mesmer, who is...very Mesmer-y.

I'm that weird guy that just don't like floating/flashy effects, wings, or just effects in general. I like simple style (plate armor for my heavy classes, classic traveler look for my mesmer, etc...)

So no flashy weapons or legendary trinkets, and especially no infusions.

> @"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

> > @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> > The way it combines with aurora makes it unique.

>

> The way any of those combine with my necro design make it uncraftable ;)

Shush, you’re going to throw those trinkets on, and slap on a bifrost and become rainbow death incarnate and you’re going to like it!