PvP and WvW stats not reset

I actually had 1 character on an alt account that was wearing exo grade triumphant gear that required reset. Don't know how or why it was just that character considering I have numerous characters wearing different degrees of wvw armor...maybe when I actually equipped it there weren't as many choices as there are now? Who knows, but, I can't be the only one that got a reset on at least something wvw based.

However, and, I don't know all the ins and outs of this reset, but even my strictly pve characters didn't see a huge reset, so I don't think this reset was as comprehensive as people may think it was going to be and I definitely don't think it cut anyone out based on the mode they play.

Considering that you can freely reset your stats in sPvP in the UI from a list of items while in the sPvP lobby I don’t see where sPvP needs this.

WvW uses PvE gear so any changes would be the same as PvE. If you didn’t have any stats in WvW that reset it’s because you didn’t have any of the items that was covered by this update.

> @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> [https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/937456#Comment_937456](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/937456#Comment_937456 "https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/937456#Comment_937456")

>

> Looks like the stat reset was kind of buggy, but ANet is aware of the issue.

They already hot fixed those

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> Considering that you can freely reset your stats in sPvP in the UI from a list of items while in the sPvP lobby I don’t see where sPvP needs this.

>

> WvW uses PvE gear so any changes would be the same as PvE. If you didn’t have any stats in WvW that reset it’s because you didn’t have any of the items that was covered by this update.

correct, I have 0 PvE ascended gear which is why nothing reset.. Its all PvP gear for me, set of Ardent and a couple sets of Mistforge none of which reset.

Would have been nice to get that same love as the PvE crowd got is all im saying.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > Considering that you can freely reset your stats in sPvP in the UI from a list of items while in the sPvP lobby I don’t see where sPvP needs this.

> >

> > WvW uses PvE gear so any changes would be the same as PvE. If you didn’t have any stats in WvW that reset it’s because you didn’t have any of the items that was covered by this update.

>

> correct, I have 0 PvE ascended gear which is why nothing reset.. Its all PvP gear for me, set of Ardent and a couple sets of Mistforge none of which reset.

>

> Would have been nice to get that same love as the PvE crowd got is all im saying.

~~SPvP can change their stats for free from a site on the UI. Pve sure can’t do that. They have to buy or craft, so it costs them to change stats. Depending on the stats, sometimes a lot of gold.~~

~~How exactly should sPvP stat change be made to “get the same love as PvE” when sPvP can already swap stats any time while in the lobby?~~

Edit: nvm. You’re talking about gear earned in sPvP and WvW having stat swap, not sPvP stat mechanics.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> I was sad that all of my PvP and WvW stats werent reset with recent changes.

>

> Spose theres no chance of letting us pvp/wvw players reset our gear too is there?

Several of my mistforged pieces were reset, but only those that didn't have core stats. For example: all my mistforged ascended pieces with Berserker didn't reset, but all my pieces with Marauder and Minstrel did.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > I was sad that all of my PvP and WvW stats werent reset with recent changes.

> >

> > Spose theres no chance of letting us pvp/wvw players reset our gear too is there?

>

> Several of my mistforged pieces were reset, but only those that didn't have core stats. For example: all my mistforged ascended pieces with Berserker didn't reset, but all my pieces with Marauder and Minstrel did.

My Ardent Medium Marauder set didnt reset and neither did my celestial or Viper sets?

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > Considering that you can freely reset your stats in sPvP in the UI from a list of items while in the sPvP lobby I don’t see where sPvP needs this.

> > >

> > > WvW uses PvE gear so any changes would be the same as PvE. If you didn’t have any stats in WvW that reset it’s because you didn’t have any of the items that was covered by this update.

> >

> > correct, I have 0 PvE ascended gear which is why nothing reset.. Its all PvP gear for me, set of Ardent and a couple sets of Mistforge none of which reset.

> >

> > Would have been nice to get that same love as the PvE crowd got is all im saying.

>

> ~~SPvP can change their stats for free from a site on the UI. Pve sure can’t do that. They have to buy or craft, so it costs them to change stats. Depending on the stats, sometimes a lot of gold.~~

>

> ~~How exactly should sPvP stat change be made to “get the same love as PvE” when sPvP can already swap stats any time while in the lobby?~~

>

> Edit: nvm. You’re talking about gear earned in sPvP and WvW having stat swap, not sPvP stat mechanics.

>

yep, earnt the gear in PvP to use in WvW.

Another user said his pvp gear reset so wondering why mine didnt?

> @"DeanBB.4268" said:

> I wonder if you have to go to a PvE map to trigger it? Have you left PvP, OP?

No I have not.. I rarely ever leave the mists, maybe 4 or 5 times over the last few years.

I will try that.

Devs changed the title of my thread so Im hoping its a bug they are aware of.

I was so keen to restat my gear to adjust to the current state of WvW since Warclaw was introduced as my Celestial gear has been rendered moot for roaming. Need something a lot spikier to deal with mounted players.

It was never intended for everything to reset. Why do people think it was? If there were missing stats to select on a particular item at the time, then they added the stats and reset it. If it already had all the stats for the expansion, then it was not supposed to reset. The only oddity that I have seen is, if an item had missing stats, but a core stat was selected at the time, those seemed to have missed the reset.