Do you want more mounts in the future?

I would LOVE to see more mounts but it depends what mount and how they are obtained. Both of the flying mounts had major issues with obtaining them, hopefully no content will be designed in the future for PVE that assumes more than the base 4 mounts or it will split the community.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"jinxykat.6519" said:

> I would love to see some sort of underwater mount. And a skin(?) for a warhorse, because i have paladin type toons that need something huge and brawny. I know, almost every other game has the default horse, but something big and armored would be lovely still.

Sometimes they bring back skins on the TP. If you're lucky they might bring back the Dreadnought skin for the raptor, sounds like it's the sort of thing you are thinking of.

There are several ideas for nem mounts already. Underwater mounts for example. If they create a mount for intercity traveling (like the choppers in the jungle) I think it’s a good idea too. For ground traveling and for flight I think we have all the mounts we need.

> @"Lady Celtaine.3760" said:

> > @"jinxykat.6519" said:

> > I would love to see some sort of underwater mount. And a skin(?) for a warhorse, because i have paladin type toons that need something huge and brawny. I know, almost every other game has the default horse, but something big and armored would be lovely still.

>

> Sometimes they bring back skins on the TP. If you're lucky they might bring back the Dreadnought skin for the raptor, sounds like it's the sort of thing you are thinking of.

I have seen that...you know, i never thought of it. lol! Thank you for the reminder that we do have an armored something after all. (i feel idiotic, i blame farming currencies)

> @"jinxykat.6519" said:

> > @"Lady Celtaine.3760" said:

> > > @"jinxykat.6519" said:

> > > I would love to see some sort of underwater mount. And a skin(?) for a warhorse, because i have paladin type toons that need something huge and brawny. I know, almost every other game has the default horse, but something big and armored would be lovely still.

> >

> > Sometimes they bring back skins on the TP. If you're lucky they might bring back the Dreadnought skin for the raptor, sounds like it's the sort of thing you are thinking of.

>

> I have seen that...you know, i never thought of it. lol! Thank you for the reminder that we do have an armored something after all. (i feel idiotic, i blame farming currencies)

I hear ya. My brain melted doing the material farm too. The other skin you'll want to look out for if it comes back is the Reforged Warhound for the Jackal. :) GL

Whether we want them or not, there's no doubt underwater mounts (at the very least) are coming sooner or later, and I'll bet on a few of that type. That mock Largos xpack page is a very accurate example of a few ideas that can be interestingly explored by underwater mounts. Going even further, depending on what kind of environments devs create for new maps they can develop mounts to specifically interact with those, such as ice, fire, ether, or what have you. They could even make things like a fishing mount, assuming we get fishing as a craft (which, by the way, also makes sense).

8 may sound like many because each mount is unique in design and purpose, but I could easily foresee 20 that still maintain the current standard.

I can't speak for other arachnophobes, but making it a mech spider without the mouth hands would _probably_ be ok with my phobia. The things that scare me about spiders are their unpredictable/twitchy movements, their mouth hands, their hairiness, and their eyes in that order. Mech-spiders would presumably not have most of these qualities(I think).

I also think a bat-like mount could be nice. It would climb along ceilings and hover for (very)short distances. This would make it significantly less useful outside, but specialized for caves/rooms.

You know what? i change my mind if Anet can't make better underwater combat then they should make a underwater mount, we got the skimmer which is Amphibians but can't dive so............

video not made by me

[https://youtube.com/watch?v=BEvQakcvk1w](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEvQakcvk1w "https://youtube.com/watch?v=BEvQakcvk1w")

How do i make the video show up without leaving the site?

> @"Edelweiss.4261" said:

> I can't speak for other arachnophobes, but making it a mech spider without the mouth hands would _probably_ be ok with my phobia. The things that scare me about spiders are their unpredictable/twitchy movements, their mouth hands, their hairiness, and their eyes in that order. Mech-spiders would presumably not have most of these qualities(I think).

Would you be okay with a jungle spider mount, for instance? I checked and neither the cave, forest nor jungle spiders have either pedipalps nor hair. I would love to have one of these for a mount! :3 There could be mech skins or even non-spider skins available for the mount as well.

It took me many years, but I’m a former arachnophobe now arachnophile! I’m sure the nature of the fear is different for everyone and it helped that I came to have a cerebral appreciation of them, but it took time and exposure to eliminate the more visceral reaction.

> @"Edelweiss.4261" said:

> I can't speak for other arachnophobes, but making it a mech spider without the mouth hands would _probably_ be ok with my phobia. The things that scare me about spiders are their unpredictable/twitchy movements, their mouth hands, their hairiness, and their eyes in that order. Mech-spiders would presumably not have most of these qualities(I think).

>

> I also think a bat-like mount could be nice. It would climb along ceilings and hover for (very)short distances. This would make it significantly less useful outside, but specialized for caves/rooms.

Skyscale already fulfill both of the mounts you said in the post.

Spiders would only be useful in climbing, Skyscale fulfills that niche.

The Bat mount is basically indoor Skyscale.

> @"Tic Tac Toe.1482" said:

> We at least need an underwater mount. As mounts are mostly used to enhance movement, I'm not sure there's many more basic movements we can enhance at this point (horizontal, vertical, on water, "flying", and even wvw). Now if they introduced combat mounts...

I want combat mounts to be a elite spec mechanic. Preferably warriors. Mounted warriors would ride warclaw or some other mount and fight on it. It would probably have the Shortbow to mimic Mongolian Horse Archers.

Best as a Charr-themed elite spec.

Unsure if I am being honest... But, we have a mount that can sprint/leap for short bursts, jump/spring high in bursts, fly and swoop, sprint/teleport and now fly/climb.. all that is left is one that can swim underwater imo.

That said, I am running out of buttons on my mouse to quick mount with :)

I'm not really sure...I mean sure an underwater mount would be nice and useful but other than that, I don't see what a new mount would add to the game as there's already a mount for basically every use.

That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing a new mount popping up as an alternative to one that already exists. But I'd rather have the teams at Anet work on some more useful content.

I'd really prefer that the devs focus on other things. Like wardrobe revamps to allow for custom outfits of different weight classes (no mixing and matching, just the option to visually have all light armor on your guardian or medium on your mesmer), cosmetic options, player housing, emotes, etc.

> @"VDAC.2137" said:

> > @"Edelweiss.4261" said:

> > I can't speak for other arachnophobes, but making it a mech spider without the mouth hands would _probably_ be ok with my phobia. The things that scare me about spiders are their unpredictable/twitchy movements, their mouth hands, their hairiness, and their eyes in that order. Mech-spiders would presumably not have most of these qualities(I think).

>

> Would you be okay with a jungle spider mount, for instance? I checked and neither the cave, forest nor jungle spiders have either pedipalps nor hair. I would love to have one of these for a mount! :3 There could be mech skins or even non-spider skins available for the mount as well.

>

> It took me many years, but I’m a former arachnophobe now arachnophile! I’m sure the nature of the fear is different for everyone and it helped that I came to have a cerebral appreciation of them, but it took time and exposure to eliminate the more visceral reaction.

>

>

I tried to conquer it in therapy for a while. I even made a "friend" that lived in the garage of my apartment complex. Learning about them was super neat. Instead of overcoming my phobia, it made it into a weird mix of fear/appreciation. It did make it clear to me, however, why I fear them.

A spider without pedipalps(I always forget the term) or hair is already 10x easier to handle. I'll have to actually go find a spider in the jungle.

The question was "Do you want more mounts in the future?" not "Should there be more mounts in the future?". I don't want more mounts. Got tired of mounts when they added another new one after griffin. I'd be more excited for new races, new weapons or new stances to wield weapons.