Gift of Aurene and Scion Weapons

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"Rukario.1695" said:

> > I assume the low drop rate is to encourage people to stay longer instead of abandoning the map after obtaining everything in 2 weeks.

> >

> > Let's not forget it's the best method to receive Yellow Unid gear.

>

> Your post contradicts itself. The best method to receive "Yellow Unid gear" is sufficient incentive to keep players "longer instead of abandoning the map after [...] 2 weeks".

>

> The models are nice, but not unique, since they are enhanced versions of the stock ascended weapon models. No reason to make them this scarce.

>

My only point was that this map isn't going to die off immediately. Same goes for Dragon Stand.

Just to update, finally got the guaranteed box (took me around 30 metas as my first ones weren't that efficient) and knowing that I have no **guaranteed** method of acquiring another I'm not touching the map again. I love the skins, but: 1) There are already a lot of nice skins already that have guaranteed progress towards, including legendaries 2) Who knows what great gemstore/black lion chest/claim ticket will next come out

Not worth the stress!

Something like Dragon Stand is necessary for all Gen2+ legendaries and part of **guaranteed** progression towards them so of course people will always be doing them.

This is the same reason I don't do tequatl. I have no desire to waste time while doing exactly zero progress towards getting one. With stellar or dragons blood weapons, precursors and legendaries I can invest time and have come closer to my goal. Scion and tequatl weapons are the exact opposite I am as close to getting one after hours as I was before. I consider this bad game design.

It seems anet knows a lot of players dislike this for other rare weapons there are guaranteed ways to obtain them like for gold fractal weapons or raid skins. Didn't get what you want? Go and buy it with currency you got while trying. Why cant something similar be done for tequatl and scion skins?

> @"Crystal Black.8190" said:

> This is the same reason I don't do tequatl. I have no desire to waste time while doing exactly zero progress towards getting one. With stellar or dragons blood weapons, precursors and legendaries I can invest time and have come closer to my goal. Scion and tequatl weapons are the exact opposite I am as close to getting one after hours as I was before. I consider this bad game design.

>

> It seems anet knows a lot of players dislike this for other rare weapons there are guaranteed ways to obtain them like for gold fractal weapons or raid skins. Didn't get what you want? Go and buy it with currency you got while trying. Why cant something similar be done for tequatl and scion skins?

I get what you are saying and don;t disagree, but Scion's do have a guaranteed way to obtain as per the OP

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Crystal Black.8190" said:

> > This is the same reason I don't do tequatl. I have no desire to waste time while doing exactly zero progress towards getting one. With stellar or dragons blood weapons, precursors and legendaries I can invest time and have come closer to my goal. Scion and tequatl weapons are the exact opposite I am as close to getting one after hours as I was before. I consider this bad game design.

> >

> > It seems anet knows a lot of players dislike this for other rare weapons there are guaranteed ways to obtain them like for gold fractal weapons or raid skins. Didn't get what you want? Go and buy it with currency you got while trying. Why cant something similar be done for tequatl and scion skins?

>

> I get what you are saying and don;t disagree, but Scion's do have a guaranteed way to obtain as per the OP

This is only a one off for the first 1000 chests you do and is not a proper long term solution.

I've finished everything on the map except killing forest creatures so I imagine I'm closing in on my 1kth chest and guaranteed drop. I haven't gotten a random drop yet and I imagine I'll stop going to the map once I finish killing the requisite number of forest creatures regardless of the number of scion weapons I have unlocked at that point. I would like the skins, but as others have pointed out there are loads of other skins that have guaranteed methods of unlocking. I continue to appreciate that there are some that do not . . .

> @"Katastroff.1045" said:

> So they implement some goodies to attract players to do the meta for a long time, and yet, you are worry to never get the drop.... :astonished:

>

I've been doing Tequatl for years and i've never once got a single Tequatl's Hoard chest.

Considering there are 19 unique skins in that chest that are non sellable and can only be obtained through very low RNG luck I'm expecting from my years of experience not getting one that it'll likely take me around 60-80 years to obtain the entire set XD

God thing i'm not a completionist right :P

The way I see it a good chunk of items in this game with very low drop rates are a nearly statistical impossibility for me to obtain just because of bad luck.

> @"Perisemiotics.4579" said:

> 50 chests per full meta? 9 from Kralk plus 3 x 9 ley-infused bosses = 36 chests... I guess I'm missing something but still the idea someone gave of map currency in the Mystic Forge would make a lot more sense than an exceedingly tiny chance. Lottery is a rigged game, I don't play it.

Some of the lead-up events also spawn chests, like establishing the bases and a few others while things are progressing along.

> This is the same reason I don't do tequatl. I have no desire to waste time while doing exactly zero progress towards getting one. With stellar or dragons blood weapons, precursors and legendaries I can invest time and have come closer to my goal. Scion and tequatl weapons are the exact opposite I am as close to getting one after hours as I was before. I consider this bad game design.

>

> It seems anet knows a lot of players dislike this for other rare weapons there are guaranteed ways to obtain them like for gold fractal weapons or raid skins. Didn't get what you want? Go and buy it with currency you got while trying. Why cant something similar be done for tequatl and scion skins?

Probably because ANet tries to put in something for everyone, including the part of the playerbase that prefers rare rng-based rewards. As you already noted there are a lot of skins out there that have a guaranteed way to get them. If the ones you want are among the few that don't then that's unfortunate for you, but it is good business practice to keep something for every part of the playerbase.

Disclaimer: I'm neither in the "prefer rng" nor in the "prefer grindy but guaranteed" camp. I simply check what skins I like and if their aquisition methods are fun for me, if not I do without them.

> @"Katastroff.1045" said:

> So they implement some goodies to attract players to do the meta for a long time, and yet, you are worry to never get the drop.... :astonished:

There are people that haven't missed a single Tequatl daily since it's got revamped, and still do not have a full set of weapons. So, the worry is _not_ groundless.

Probably the simplest solution would be to make the drop guaranteed after _each_ 1000 chests without it. Or 2-3k chests, if 1000 is considered not enough (although i'd say it should be plenty). Making a collecton to unlock crafting might also be a good choice (although probably not as simple).

Teq weapons need something done about them as well, by the way.

> @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > @"Crystal Black.8190" said:

> > This is the same reason I don't do tequatl. I have no desire to waste time while doing exactly zero progress towards getting one. With stellar or dragons blood weapons, precursors and legendaries I can invest time and have come closer to my goal. Scion and tequatl weapons are the exact opposite I am as close to getting one after hours as I was before. I consider this bad game design.

> >

> > It seems anet knows a lot of players dislike this for other rare weapons there are guaranteed ways to obtain them like for gold fractal weapons or raid skins. Didn't get what you want? Go and buy it with currency you got while trying. Why cant something similar be done for tequatl and scion skins?

> Probably because ANet tries to put in something for everyone, including the part of the playerbase that prefers rare rng-based rewards. As you already noted there are a lot of skins out there that have a guaranteed way to get them. If the ones you want are among the few that don't then that's unfortunate for you, but it is good business practice to keep something for every part of the playerbase.

>

> Disclaimer: I'm neither in the "prefer rng" nor in the "prefer grindy but guaranteed" camp. I simply check what skins I like and if their aquisition methods are fun for me, if not I do without them.

I think both can exists at the same time. I am happy if I drop a raidboss weapon, but if I don't I can buy it for currency if I killed the boss before. A pure RNG drop is also acceptable, if it can be traded like it is the case for infusions. Account bound and only RNG is where it becomes problematic and I don't see any advantage of such items.

> > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > > @"Crystal Black.8190" said:

> > > This is the same reason I don't do tequatl. I have no desire to waste time while doing exactly zero progress towards getting one. With stellar or dragons blood weapons, precursors and legendaries I can invest time and have come closer to my goal. Scion and tequatl weapons are the exact opposite I am as close to getting one after hours as I was before. I consider this bad game design.

> > >

> > > It seems anet knows a lot of players dislike this for other rare weapons there are guaranteed ways to obtain them like for gold fractal weapons or raid skins. Didn't get what you want? Go and buy it with currency you got while trying. Why cant something similar be done for tequatl and scion skins?

> > Probably because ANet tries to put in something for everyone, including the part of the playerbase that prefers rare rng-based rewards. As you already noted there are a lot of skins out there that have a guaranteed way to get them. If the ones you want are among the few that don't then that's unfortunate for you, but it is good business practice to keep something for every part of the playerbase.

> >

> > Disclaimer: I'm neither in the "prefer rng" nor in the "prefer grindy but guaranteed" camp. I simply check what skins I like and if their aquisition methods are fun for me, if not I do without them.

>

> I think both can exists at the same time. I am happy if I drop a raidboss weapon, but if I don't I can buy it for currency if I killed the boss before. A pure RNG drop is also acceptable, if it can be traded like it is the case for infusions. Account bound and only RNG is where it becomes problematic and I don't see any advantage of such items.

Personally I don't either, but there have been enough postings of people asking explicitely for exclusive account bound rng rewards over the years to make me believe that there is a group large enough to make it worth leaving a few skins/skin sets to that system.

I have farmed 1575 Motes to get every new armor set in this map already. I also farmed 350 additional motes for the Skyscale and the new Legendary trinket.

I havent received a Gift of Aurora yet. Now I dont know, maybe the guaranteed drop was just patched in recently or I somehow managed to get around 2000 Motes without looting 1000 chests (which is easily possible) - but I am certainly not going to farm this map ONLY for these skins, that's just a crazy grind, no thanks.

Making new skins random is ok, but I don't see why they always have to be ascended, that only forces the devs to make them crazy rare.

Lets be honest. Those are just normal ascended weapon skins with a glimmer effect. So the base skin is already nothing special, most people don't even like them. An additional effect won't change that too much I think.

Auto drop after 1000 is pretty golden and I love that.

As for popularity I wouldn’t be worried. The farm is pretty good and people already do old content continuously anyways, so I doubt this is exempt, especially if newer maps continue the trend of the other LWmaps daily caps.

Besides if the only requirement is opening chests there is a lot you can do solo or with a small group of players that will reward chests.

Also tagging up on LFG will help.

> @"Daishi.6027" said:

> Auto drop after 1000 is pretty golden and I love that.

>

> As for popularity I wouldn’t be worried. The farm is pretty good and people already do old content continuously anyways, so I doubt this is exempt, especially if newer maps continue the trend of the other LWmaps daily caps.

>

> Besides if the only requirement is opening chests there is a lot you can do solo or with a small group of players that will reward chests.

>

> Also tagging up on LFG will help.

It is just one weapon after 1000 chest after that its over. Maybe i am unique but i would like to use matching weapons like one-hand+offhand and in the wepon slot too. If it where every 1000 chests a guranteed drop of a chest it would be different.

I wonder if players wouldn't have been happier if they had just released the skins available for purchase, even something like 50g + 500 Motes per skin. I highly doubt anyone is farming these chests for the chance at an 'ascended' weapon (maybe I'm wrong), so why not just make the skins available for purchase from a vendor?

> I wonder if players wouldn't have been happier if they had just released the skins available for purchase, even something like 50g + 500 Motes per skin. I highly doubt anyone is farming these chests for the chance at an 'ascended' weapon (maybe I'm wrong), so why not just make the skins available for purchase from a vendor?

Some would, others wouldn't. See my reply above.

From what I've read on the forums and heard in game, there are people hitting Tequatl and the 3-headed wurm daily just for the ascended rng drops, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were people doing Dragonfall for those weapons either. Not the majority of course, but a group ANet thinks is large enough to have them thrown a bone in the shape of rng only rare skins every now and then.

> @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > I wonder if players wouldn't have been happier if they had just released the skins available for purchase, even something like 50g + 500 Motes per skin. I highly doubt anyone is farming these chests for the chance at an 'ascended' weapon (maybe I'm wrong), so why not just make the skins available for purchase from a vendor?

> Some would, others wouldn't. See my reply above.

>

> From what I've read on the forums and heard in game, there are people hitting Tequatl and the 3-headed wurm daily just for the ascended rng drops, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were people doing Dragonfall for those weapons either. Not the majority of course, but a group ANet thinks is large enough to have them thrown a bone in the shape of rng only rare skins every now and then.

That's fair. I do remember when I was a new player, that was the only reason I did Teq once I had all the achievements.

> > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > I wonder if players wouldn't have been happier if they had just released the skins available for purchase, even something like 50g + 500 Motes per skin. I highly doubt anyone is farming these chests for the chance at an 'ascended' weapon (maybe I'm wrong), so why not just make the skins available for purchase from a vendor?

> > Some would, others wouldn't. See my reply above.

> >

> > From what I've read on the forums and heard in game, there are people hitting Tequatl and the 3-headed wurm daily just for the ascended rng drops, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were people doing Dragonfall for those weapons either. Not the majority of course, but a group ANet thinks is large enough to have them thrown a bone in the shape of rng only rare skins every now and then.

>

> That's fair. I do remember when I was a new player, that was the only reason I did Teq once I had all the achievements.

It's good for the game to have a mix of acquisition methods. If the game has only 50g+500 motes (or equivalent) costs (and FYI stellar weapons cost around that or more), then people complain it's too grindy. If it's RNG, people complain that it's too grindy. If it's nearly-guaranteed, people complain that there isn't any excitement in the loot tables. If it's too cheaply or easily acquired, people complain that there's nothing prestigious.

Mind you: it's not the same people. (Usually; I'm frequently surprised to see the person who complained about "too grindy" in one post complain about "too common" in another.) The game has a vast community, bigger than a lot of cities; there's room for all sorts of different mechanics, even if it means they don't all suit my playstyle.