[Answered] AB Exalted Keys and UNID Loot Redux Question

I did the Octovine just now in AB, and while I haven't done it in many months (it used to be on a daily rotation for me), something seems off.

I seem to recall I could get the very first armor at the West challenges (assuming I mashed 1 before anyone else), paying a full 100 exalted keys for the armor. Then, after doing the pre before west gate, breaking into west gate, and doing the octovine, coming in around 190-200%, and then going down below and opening all the big and medium (greater?) sized chests (I skip the smallest ones), I'd walk away with more keys than I'd need to open those chests and the 100 for the armor.

Today, I waited to get the armor for 10 (no one was around like they used to be), did the whole thing, got 194%, opened my usual chests, and was 'down' maybe 20ish?

I also seem to recall that one (some?) of the chests (lower right hand corner) you opened for completing things gave out a lot of keys, and maybe some of the bags we got as rewards gave out keys? I found myself having to go up top and buy a few stacks of keys afterwards, which I never used to have to do.

TLDR: So my question is, did we lose a bunch of keys in the rewards as a side effect of the UNID Loot Redux? ? (<-he needs to get added to the forum emojis, btw)

I don't ever recall getting keys from the chests themselves. At least in the last three years I /always/ run out of keys unless I make an effort to either do events beforehand or skip a few chests occasionally, then doing a complete run.

Not the chests themselves on the ground, but some of the reward bags we used to have in our inventory had a 'lot' of them. I always came out way ahead, and never had to actually buy keys, if all I did was:

1. Spend 100 on a nice armor at West

2. Do the west pre at the gate

3. Bust the gate down

4. Do Octo, come in around 190% or more for the entire thing

5. Open the 19 chests I open

After all that was done, and I opened all the reward chests (bouncing in the UI in the lower right hand corner) and opened all the special bags of loot in my inventory, I'd come out far ahead in keys.

I suspect some of the special bags they got rid of in favor of lots more UNIDs had keys in them?

Wait...I just did a little more research on the wiki. I know at least 'part' of the problem. I gook the Amalgamated Gemstone reward from the [Auric Basin: Hero's Choice Chest](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Auric_Basin:_Hero%27s_Choice_Chest "Auric Basin: Hero's Choice Chest") instead of the Pilfered Exalted Remnants bag I used to always get (because I just spent a lot of AGs on the Leg Trink), and I'm seeing there were keys in 'that' bag.

So maybe that's it. :)

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> Did you kill the Tarnished Traitor and do the Hero Point? Since those give a bunch as well

I didn't, but I never used to do that. Because if I stopped to do that, then by the time I got to the big chests, all the troll items were out on the ground already and it was annoying trying to hit 'F' to open them. :)

Ahhh yeah you do get keys from the pilfered bag thing but I always always always get the amalgamated. I can buy keys. I mean. I have thousands of aurillium. No need to waste an amalgamated.

I think the only time I ever went for the bag thing was in Dragon stand when I REALLY needed crystalline ingots for Astralaria along with all the other currency so buying machetes wasn't a good plan.

> @"Etria.3642" said:

> Ahhh yeah you do get keys from the pilfered bag thing but I always always always get the amalgamated. I can buy keys. I mean. I have thousands of aurillium. No need to waste an amalgamated.

>

> I think the only time I ever went for the bag thing was in Dragon stand when I REALLY needed crystalline ingots for Astralaria along with all the other currency so buying machetes wasn't a good plan.

Yeah, I think I'm just going to change tactics altogether there and get the amalgamated and buy more keys after from here on out too.