Other viable boons aside Chronomancers?

Hi.

I don't know if people have noticed, but I've starting to grow tired on the lack of other viable boon classes aside Chronos in fractals and raids. It feels like there's a good amount of viable healers in the game today (back when I started it was DPS only, so points for that), I've seen Firebrands, Druids, Necros and Engineers. But when it comes to constant boons, feels like everyone always looks for Chrono, sometimes you might get along with a Guardian booner.

This is getting to the point where people are just boosting themselves a lvl 80 Chrono, having no proper gear or even any intentions of doing anything. They just run alongside the party and while just trying to hide the fact that four people are carrying them. If you get rid of him, you might be looking for a good while until you find a new Chrono.

I would appreciate if the game would at least in the future expand the boon expertise roster, so that parties wouldn't always have to rely on finding a half decent Chrono. We have at least 4 good classes for heal, how about boons?

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> You can check the "fractals, dungeons and raids" subforum. Many different builds!

They may exist, but it doesn't mean that people are accepting your build into the party or that people are even looking for it. Boon Chrono is such a stable that people will just simply kick you out of the party even before you get into the group.

I've also started to notice how OP the powerbuilds are starting to get. When I play let's say condi Necro, the PDPS' have cleared the mobs even before I've got any condi stacks in worth a damn to use Epidemic. A lot of the bosses are also the type that have like AFK or invunerability mechanics that completely kill the condi stacks, which goes against the whole reason you'd like to play condi: doind damage over time whe you might be busy doing something else. Then the condi classes can start stacking conditions again from 0, where as a Reaper ar a Dragonhunter presses one ability and they already hit +20k DPS. There are very few instances in example the Fracs where condi classies actually shine, and that's within high number mobs - which aren't that many.

condi builds will ALWAYS be worse than physical ones... condis cant even damage items so for all those hearts or whatever where you have to destroy objects good luck cus your condis dont even work on them at all...

physical damage is king in gw 2 and will always be king no matter what you try to say..

The reason people want chronomancers specifically is their access to alacrity and quickness. Any other boon can be maintained in other ways easily. If other support builds had high alacrity uptime combined with other boons then there would be a lot more variety. Renegade don't count since they can only do might and protection in addition to alacrity.

The reason why I suspect chronomancers are rare is because they need so many button presses and combos to maintain support abilities. Most other supports builds have shorter rotations with far fewer button presses which makes them a lot less taxing on the fingers.

> @"sisyphos.4801" said:

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > You can check the "fractals, dungeons and raids" subforum. Many different builds!

> They may exist, but it doesn't mean that people are accepting your build into the party or that people are even looking for it. Boon Chrono is such a stable that people will just simply kick you out of the party even before you get into the group.

>

> I've also started to notice how OP the powerbuilds are starting to get. When I play let's say condi Necro, the PDPS' have cleared the mobs even before I've got any condi stacks in worth a kitten to use Epidemic. A lot of the bosses are also the type that have like AFK or invunerability mechanics that completely kill the condi stacks, which goes against the whole reason you'd like to play condi: doind damage over time whe you might be busy doing something else. Then the condi classes can start stacking conditions again from 0, where as a Reaper ar a Dragonhunter presses one ability and they already hit +20k DPS. There are very few instances in example the Fracs where condi classies actually shine, and that's within high number mobs - which aren't that many.

Those builds on the subforum are made on the premise of meta raiding. Not sure what else you look for, here.

Druid isn't such a good buffer after the Spirits nerf.

The only class that even remotely competes with Chronomancer for buffing is a Firebrand running Mantras and Shouts. A Tempest can come close, but needs a very specific build for it, and specifically lacks Alaclarity and Quickness.

Every other class is only really good at a few boons..

> @"Adrianna.3092" said:

> physical damage is king in gw 2 and will always be king no matter what you try to say..

Then why Condi build is even a thing in the game? Why develop a system where around 50% of your damage skills are reduced to some niche? IMO it's just stupid to promote a playstyle or a thing in a game and then just come around and say, that it will never be comparable or viable when compared to other options.

It's just a waste of time then. Because how I see it, the developers in that situation are just pushing also the other gamers into disadvantage. It's like going to PVP with a condi build when everything else onehits you from stealth with half map size blink jump. I'm not ruining just my own game, I'm ruining the game for the rest of my team.

Then just remove it from the game.