Aurora, Vision and where does Coalescence fit ?

Hello guys!

So i know the thread name is a bit weird, but i was thinking something the other day that might have been discussed around, but

so far i have not seen anyone really talk much about(or i might be blind, who knows ? )..

Anywho, i was thinking, we get Aurora and we get Vision and they are purely doing achievement base in open world, run around collect stuff, do this

do that , its generally available and easy/moderate content for everyone as in, everyone can easily do it and its mostly content the majority of the player base do,

let it be often or not.

So from what i understand for Coalescence we need to raid, but i was thinking, what if you dont like to raid? It's a very specific game mode in the whole PvE aspect.

Open world where Aurora and Vision fit is a very common thing we all went through from leveling, to daily tasks, in reality its a very general thing which provides

good basis for getting those trinkets. But Since the legendary trinkets are a SET in a way and to get the full emmersion of the effect, you need to collect them all,

like it or not.

But now we have Coalescence, which requires us to do raids. So what if a person does not enjoy raids ? What if someone can't fit himself to raid, we are kind of pushed

towards to raid in order to complete our set?

I might be missing a piece of a puzzle about Coalescence and you might be able to finish it withouth needing to raid , might have understood it wrongly,

so people do correct me if that is the case.

Thank you for taking your time to read this.

Coalescence is the raid piece of the puzzle. There is no alternative option, it exists to reward those who already raid or to tempt those who don’t as a carrot.

If you choose not to raid then you can’t get the ring or complete the set

It wouldn’t surprise me to eventually see a wvw or pvp one as well to stack in there

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> Coalescence is the raid piece of the puzzle. There is no alternative option, it exists to reward those who already raid or to tempt those who don’t as a carrot.

In that sense, they could have made it so that the raiders have their own legendary trinket set, like how we have PvP legendary armor, WvW, and PvE , same thing.

I guess thats my view on it, but its a bit weird to me at least we just get 2 free open world legendary trinkets and then put a specifically raid one into a big set.

Lets face it even if you want to raid there are people who can't do it often or get that much into it. Its a bit more niche at least at the moment.

Could always use the gold you get from doing open world, were you dont need to waste money on any consumables etc to buy your raid runs.

And since you seem to like open world map complete sell the skins that you happen to get from black lion chests, if you have a big enough nest egg you can use the gift of exploroation to craft gen 1 legendaries to sell aswell to fund your raid buying. ( this wont apply to everyone tho)

> @"KingstonWD.2047" said:

> Hello guys!

>

> So i know the thread name is a bit weird, but i was thinking something the other day that might have been discussed around, but

> so far i have not seen anyone really talk much about(or i might be blind, who knows ? )..

>

> Anywho, i was thinking, we get Aurora and we get Vision and they are purely doing achievement base in open world, run around collect stuff, do this

> do that , its generally available and easy/moderate content for everyone as in, everyone can easily do it and its mostly content the majority of the player base do,

> let it be often or not.

>

> So from what i understand for Coalescence we need to raid, but i was thinking, what if you dont like to raid? It's a very specific game mode in the whole PvE aspect.

> Open world where Aurora and Vision fit is a very common thing we all went through from leveling, to daily tasks, in reality its a very general thing which provides

> good basis for getting those trinkets. But Since the legendary trinkets are a SET in a way and to get the full emmersion of the effect, you need to collect them all,

> like it or not.

>

> But now we have Coalescence, which requires us to do raids. So what if a person does not enjoy raids ? What if someone can't fit himself to raid, we are kind of pushed

> towards to raid in order to complete our set?

>

> I might be missing a piece of a puzzle about Coalescence and you might be able to finish it withouth needing to raid , might have understood it wrongly,

> so people do correct me if that is the case.

>

> Thank you for taking your time to read this.

What about ppl (including me), that doesn't enjoy doing open world achivments? Did u think the other way?

Edit:

Conclusion: give everything for free, so ppl can be happy

I hope they do make stackable web and PvP trinkets as well.

1 trinket: one effect

2 trinkets: second effect

3 trinkets: third effect

4 trinkets: fourth effect

Etc. Preferably with enough trinkets that one game mode can be skipped. For me it would be the PvP mode. For others the raids. Etc.

> So from what i understand for Coalescence we need to raid, but i was thinking, what if you dont like to raid? It's a very specific game mode in the whole PvE aspect.

> Open world where Aurora and Vision fit is a very common thing we all went through from leveling, to daily tasks, in reality its a very general thing which provides

> good basis for getting those trinkets.

Aurora and Vision are no less specific than coalescence. You need to go to THIS map, do THIS event, finish THESE achievements, etc. This is not more general. You are also assuming that everyone plays this content. Plenty of wvw or pvp players never do any living story stuff. Plenty of pure pve players I know don't do it either, because they have no interest in that content, and want to spend their time elsewhere. It is not something that "we all went through".

> But now we have Coalescence, which requires us to do raids. So what if a person does not enjoy raids ? What if someone can't fit himself to raid, we are kind of pushed

> towards to raid in order to complete our set?

If someone wants to finish aurora, they need to do all the LS3 achievements. If someone wants to finish vision, they need to do all the LS4 achievements. If someone wants to finish coalescence, they need to do the relevant raid bosses. No other way around it.

If you really want to complete the set, you will need to go beyond open world pve. So set up a build that functions in a raid environment, learn it well enough to contribute meaningfully, and dive in. And who knows, maybe you'll find that you actually enjoy it. Many years ago I reluctantly entered wvw to get map completion because I wanted to make a legendary, and thought I would hate it. Turns out, I actually loved it and spent almost all my playtime in there for the next 3 years.

Either that, or you could just continue enjoying other areas and just be comfortable with not having something that requires you to do something you don't want to, with which there is nothing wrong, but that is the decision to make.

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > Coalescence is the raid piece of the puzzle. There is no alternative option, it exists to reward those who already raid or to tempt those who don’t as a carrot.

>

> In that sense, they could have made it so that the raiders have their own legendary trinket set, like how we have PvP legendary armor, WvW, and PvE , same thing.

> I guess thats my view on it, but its a bit weird to me at least we just get 2 free open world legendary trinkets and then put a specifically raid one into a big set.

> Lets face it even if you want to raid there are people who can't do it often or get that much into it. Its a bit more niche at least at the moment.

>

In my eyes its to reward players for playing content and specifically encourage players to play different content. Its like the legendary armour. Well before they released a pvp and WvW version. They want players to play multiple areas of there game, its more healthy for the players and the game that way. Adding in legendaries is the perfect way to do this as there is no power creep involved just a milestone goal.

The ideal at least in my eyes is that if you have a full set of legendary gear you have achieved mastery of the entire game. This be WvW, PvP, Open World, Fractals, Raids, Story. You get the idea.

And we have that in a sense the Armour is obtained from WvW, PvP and Raids. backpeices are obtained from WvW, PvP and fractals. Legendary Weapons are obtained from a combination of PVE content representing the Open world in large. The trinkets Vision and Aurora are obtained for gaining masteryof LS3 and LS4, this is both Story and open world tied. The newest item is the ring which is exclusivly linked to the raids. With the current lineup they require the player to dip either a little or alot into the various aspects of GW2 as it should do.