What new mode of transport will we get in the new expansion?

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > Hopefully housing is the main feature, if it’s a land based expansion. Not every one of them has to expand on movement

>

> It will be a houseboat. So both cases are covered!

Or spaceship ;)

> @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > > @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > > Hopefully housing is the main feature, if it’s a land based expansion. Not every one of them has to expand on movement

> >

> > It will be a houseboat. So both cases are covered!

>

> Or spaceship ;)

Why not a spacehouseboatship?

> @"aspirine.6852" said:

> It will be very easy to introduce new mounts if we go to another continent or other restricted parts of the Tyrian map.

Except mounts are a PoF feature and require PoF masteries, so I don't think they'll do mounts as the primary feature of the next expac. We might get some additional side mounts, like Warclaw, that require PoF though.

I think housing and/or underwater combat/exploration might be the next expac feature.

> @"Poormany.4507" said:

> > @"aspirine.6852" said:

> > It will be very easy to introduce new mounts if we go to another continent or other restricted parts of the Tyrian map.

>

> Except mounts are a PoF feature and require PoF masteries, so I don't think they'll do mounts as the primary feature of the next expac. We might get some additional side mounts, like Warclaw, that require PoF though.

>

> I think housing and/or underwater combat/exploration might be the next expac feature.

I kinda mean Anet could write it into the story. For instance if we go to Cantha we are not allowed to use our mounts since they are not indigenous to that region.

Luckely they have their own means of transportations. In that way we will not have the OP mounts right in the beginning of the story and have something to work for.

Something like that.

When Guild Wars: Factions was released, it had a mechanic in which two factions fought for control of cities and outposts in the world map. We could actually see the battle lines moving back and forth between those two.

When the trailer for the next chapter, Guild Wars: Nightfall, was released, it had a scene of a fountain changing from a lush, green version to a corrupted one. Some people said, "look, so that's how outposts will change based on who control them!".

Which of course was not only wrong; it was foolish. Factions fighting for map control was a thing in Factions (duh), not something ArenaNet would keep in every chapter from there on.

Same with mounts: those are a Path of Fire feature. If we get a new expansion (IF), it won't have new mounts, just like PoF didn't have new gliding masteries (those were a HoT feature).

IMO, we will see something else, not related to movement. My bet is on player housing, since that's something ArenaNet could easily monetize.

Warships. Possibly flying warships. Customize your own flying warship to send into battle against Steve. Haven't you always wanted your own warship with pink fluttering banners flying in the wind? No? Just me?

Alternatively, a bestiary. This feature will catalog info about enemies you've defeated and unlock benefits. These benefits could be as complicated as hot-swapping builds when you enter combat against that specific enemy type to as simple as +1 damage(because I'm fine with slight power creep). Dealing with trash mobs? Auto-swap to a trash clearing build. Target a champion and hot-swap to a build designed for the champion. I like pre-fight preparation giving you an edge.

Also, what about an armory? Like to switch weapons/armor sets for different areas/activities? Well store all your equipment in your inventory no longer. Now you have an armory that you can access out of combat to carry your alt equipment in. Not as great as legendary equipment because you still have buy new equipment for new stats, but a nice boon for the average player that wants to carry 3 sets of exotic gear for trying builds out.