Merch Store Suggestion! Would you buy...

Not about the mug but I'd love if the books (novels) and artbooks were available as merch through the official store <3

Still having a bit of trouble finding a copy of Ghosts of Ascalon though. And yes, I know the artbooks (both gw1 and gw2) were some kind of special edition bonus but it's been so many years now that I think it could be nice if they were released individually.

> @"Starfall Leyline.2481" said:

> > @"Donari.5237" said:

> > You left out "I would not buy the Jormug." With no "ew." It's a fine idea, I just don't use mugs or tankards and my cupboards are far too cluttered with the cruft of decades as it is.

>

> That's the "I would admire the Jormug" - who couldn't admire the Jormug? :D Unless they thought it was ew.

Well, here's the thing. Until I see the actual design and materials, I could either admire or ew it. Fancy beer tankards tend to prove Sturgeon's Law imo ... it's very hard for them to look elegant. I have a dread in me that the Jormug would not reach the Platonic ideal you seek but instead be a tacky, trashy, melted plastic abomination. (Gaming merchandise almost universally relies on fans wanting logos rather than providing quality items).

> @"Zephyra.4709" said:

> As long as it's not anything like how they handled that nasty fallout 76 nuka cola bottle (quality mats/product plz)... then yeah, sign me up.

Haha! I know the feeling! But in general Anet's merch seems pretty good quality. They'd just need to make sure it was big enough to be worthy of the Jomug!

Nothing against the idea, especially if it was actually done nicely instead of the usual generic white mug with a rectangular picture printed on it (which may or may not survive washing). But I'm highly unlikely to buy it because, like a lot of people in this topic, I already have more mugs than I know what to do with. Nice, flowery mugs for when our parents visit, a variety of geeky mugs for us (including the aforementioned generic white ones), mugs from various places we or our friends have visited, funny mugs with faces on them, random mugs I inherited from...somewhere, and 2 massive Game of Thrones tankard style mugs which are really only good for soup.

> @"SexyMofo.8923" said:

> Cups are the worst gifts in the world. I have a cupboard full of cups and thermals from all over the world and of different animes and pop culture references. Someone decided to print a picture on a cup and made you think it’s cool. A cup is not cool.

I love my mugs, but then I drink a ton of hot tea. The bigger the mug the better, because the longer I can go between refills. So, it's a matter of opinion I suppose :) I love the mugs my family has gotten me, and I've bought some for myself, too.

> @"SexyMofo.8923" said:

> Cups are the worst gifts in the world. I have a cupboard full of cups and thermals from all over the world and of different animes and pop culture references. Someone decided to print a picture on a cup and made you think it’s cool. A cup is not cool.

Sculpted cups are plenty cool. It's just the low-effort printed ones that are lame. Drinking out of Jormag's massive noggin would be amazing.