[suggestion]add 2-step verification beacuse many of us use vpn,Handing over a Trojanhave ou's vpn

GW2 already has 2-factor authentication; email authentication being enabled by default. The problem with VPNs is that you're sharing an IP, so choosing for GW2 to remember that IP allows others to bypass the additional security if your credentials are compromised. ArenaNet could be using a key instead, which is only good for the computer it was created for, but that'll probably never happen.

Your best option is to enable and use an authenticator while never choosing to remember the IP. An authenticator allows you to generate the code instantly, so it's simply the fastest option.

> @sairing.5832 said:

> > @darkkrus.7382 said:

> > They have 2 step verification. Go to your account and then security. It will send a code to your phone when you log in, you then put the code into the launcher and then it will log you in.

>

> but if they got same ip,they can also can login

>

Don't check the remember network button. Then it doesn't remember that you approved that IP when someone else tries to log in on an identical IP.

> @Seera.5916 said:

> > @sairing.5832 said:

> > > @darkkrus.7382 said:

> > > They have 2 step verification. Go to your account and then security. It will send a code to your phone when you log in, you then put the code into the launcher and then it will log you in.

> >

> > but if they got same ip,they can also can login

> >

>

> Don't check the remember network button. Then it doesn't remember that you approved that IP when someone else tries to log in on an identical IP.

ok

Its probably a good idea to remember that being "VPN friendly" is not something on Anet's list of priorities. Anet region locks the keys they provide beacause they don't intent for people outside of a given region to access its servers. If they wanted you to play outside your region, they would allow you to select your region manually.

Using a VPN is getting around part of Anet's intended network model, and like most companies that region-lock their products, they don't want to make using a VPN easier because their infrastructure is built to assume region locking.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> I thought region-locking was removed long ago. Even if not, there are only 2 regions: EU and everywhere else. Not much of a deterrent.

They never actually did it. Originally they wanted to region lock the game, but people complained about travelling, then they wanted to region lock registration, but even that never happened. The only difference between NA and EU keys is that whichever you choose to initially create an account will determine which region you have to login through, regardless of which region you choose to play in.

> @Healix.5819 said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > I thought region-locking was removed long ago. Even if not, there are only 2 regions: EU and everywhere else. Not much of a deterrent.

>

> They never actually did it. Originally they wanted to region lock the game, but people complained about travelling, then they wanted to region lock registration, but even that never happened. The only difference between NA and EU keys is that whichever you choose to initially create an account will determine which region you have to login through, regardless of which region you choose to play in.

Doesn't it also determine which region you can get gem cards from? Though that doesn't seem all that important to me ...

It determines somewhat which Keys you can add to your account, NA or EU, I believe. I'm not sure you can upgrade an NA account with an EU Serial Key (or vice versa), though the CS Team would probably assist one with that matter. I'm not 100% sure, the policies change and we aren't always made aware of what's current. And, yes, Gem Cards are region-locked. Gem Cards bought in the US, for example, can only be used in North America (stated in small print on the back of the cards).

Also, they _did_ have region-locking for a short time at Core launch, but removed it shortly after. It was to help the local Authorized Retailers sell product.