[Vid] Extensive PvP & WvW Reaper Guide /w Gameplay + Build

Holl.3109

Hey guys!

So, some of you might know me, but for the people who do not; Hi! I go by the name of Hollts and I am the PvP/WvW Reaper fanatic who likes to make YouTube videos for everything concerning reaper (excluding PvE lol). I have taken quite a long break from making videos because of college, but due to summer break I am back at it again.

This time with something a little bit different. I decided to take some good/entertaining outnumbered clips and add some commentary over it to explain my train of thought while playing. Think jukes, 1v3’s, duels versus certain classes, PvP strategies, life force management, etc. To be honest, I am quite proud of the result and thus decided to link it here as well because it could be useful for some! If anyone needs some more insights into reaper gameplay, builds and tactics, be sure to check out my video below :)

Link:

These are the builds I used:

For PvP: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAndRnc0AF3g91AubC0biFcBjqLEHeWQDgAwBI+KuFLjA-jpxHQBtY/hv9AAsXZAAcEAQ4JAwfHCAA

And for WvW: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAndRnc0AF3g91AubC0biFcBL+KuFLjQDgAwBgqLEHeWA-j1CEABEcCAA4QA4vqOSpUIR1Ce4IAwkSmtUC6+DA0HA/+DOpMadwBwYFrYjFYsxGbsxGrBEbsxGbsxGbsxGrMA6bB-w

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, tips or want to mention things I missed in the video!

Kind regards,

Hollts

This build is shut down by trailblazer scourges, condi and hybrid mirages, revenants and thieves. Minstrel firebrands and celestial weavers can outsustain it and the weaver will even win eventually due to superior pressure/healing ratio.

I don't know how the situation is in NA but in EU you run into these classes / builds quite often.

It should be decent against any kind of warriors, guardians and engineers (except bunker scrapper of course which has even more sustain than minstrel firebrand).

Personally every build that loses to a roaming condi scourge is trash to me.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> This build is shut down by trailblazer scourges, condi and hybrid mirages, revenants and thieves. Minstrel firebrands and celestial weavers can outsustain it and the weaver will even win eventually due to superior pressure/healing ratio.

>

> I don't know how the situation is in NA but in EU you run into these classes / builds quite often.

>

> It should be decent against any kind of warriors, guardians and engineers (except bunker scrapper of course which has even more sustain than minstrel firebrand).

>

> Personally every build that loses to a roaming condi scourge is trash to me.

"Shut down" is a strong word. They are simply matchups that you need to learn to counter. As shown in the video, people are simply not expecting reapers and therefore underestimate them.

> @"Oogabooga.3812" said:

> Hollts, man, that is some hella-crazy movement/juking. You make necro look like a quick class.

That's how I do it ;) Movement skills and runes of speed all the way!

Not a bad video and walk through that said though in a lot of these spvp match ups you are being ignored. A team that literally focuses you wont allow you to make the kinds of plays you were able to get away with.

that said i do like the setup and how you combo your skills so well. I have not run focus much simply because i favor the war horn for the daze and extra swiftness on locust (even more so when using speed runes) but this video makes me want dust it off and give it ago. ;) thanks for sharing

that first fight, really?

you could have fought naked and still win

the typical afk pve guy waiting for daily camp, not really material for in a "guide"

that holo, if decent would give you a run for your money

but if we look at the impressive ranks(not even bronze yet) that says it all

So tough being a content creator these days with viewers holding pitchforks at every corner ?

To all the critics, don’t lose sight of the purpose of this video which is to show how to kite, juke and LOS to avoid damage, create favourable opportunities and opening engagements on your terms!

The opponents in the video might be relatively weaker but you can still take Holts tips and apply them against stronger foes.

Very informative video Holts. Enjoyed watching it.

Excellent kiting as usual.

My only disappointment was that I didn’t get to see your trademark wurm + SW stomp ?

Hoping to see a Scourge kiting guide video next!

Will be interesting to see the possible interactions between sand portal, spectral walk and wurm ?

Very nice video. I am not a Necro player but have recently tried roaming on one and it makes me want to pull my teeth out. I am sure part of it has to do with my lack of experience with the class, but it really makes me respect those who can successfully roam on them, especially if running glassier builds. I found the video well-structured and informative, and the fights were all helpful at illustrating different tactics that need to be used when playing. Good kitten, sir.

Hollts, you are awesome man. dont forget the negative ninnies surf and comment on the forums more than the people with good things to say.

ive been following you for a while and watching your videos always makes me want to play reaper again (necro main too). Good hustle man. Keep it coming.

> @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> Not a bad video and walk through that said though in a lot of these spvp match ups you are being ignored. A team that literally focuses you wont allow you to make the kinds of plays you were able to get away with.

> that said i do like the setup and how you combo your skills so well. I have not run focus much simply because i favor the war horn for the daze and extra swiftness on locust (even more so when using speed runes) but this video makes me want dust it off and give it ago. ;) thanks for sharing

>

Thank you! On my channel I often also do post full matches against more decent players, but it's less fun to watch ahahaha

Also! You can get perma swiftness via SW + Swiftness when you enter shroud, so that I why I gave up the warhorn :)

> @"melandru.3876" said:

> that first fight, really?

>

>

> you could have fought naked and still win

>

> the typical afk pve guy waiting for daily camp, not really material for in a "guide"

>

> that holo, if decent would give you a run for your money

> but if we look at the impressive ranks(not even bronze yet) that says it all

>

>

A 1v5 against decent players is literally not possible, so this is the only way haha. I get your point, but I'm just trying to demonstrate how to play reaper.

> @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> So tough being a content creator these days with viewers holding pitchforks at every corner ?

>

> To all the critics, don’t lose sight of the purpose of this video which is to show how to kite, juke and LOS to avoid damage, create favourable opportunities and opening engagements on your terms!

>

> The opponents in the video might be relatively weaker but you can still take Holts tips and apply them against stronger foes.

>

> Very informative video Holts. Enjoyed watching it.

> Excellent kiting as usual.

>

> My only disappointment was that I didn’t get to see your trademark wurm + SW stomp ?

>

> Hoping to see a Scourge kiting guide video next!

> Will be interesting to see the possible interactions between sand portal, spectral walk and wurm ?

Yes! Thank you, this is exactly what I always mean to say but I'm bad at wording things haha.

Thanks for the kind words, and you missed the wurm + SW stomp at 12:10 ;)

> @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> Very nice video. I am not a Necro player but have recently tried roaming on one and it makes me want to pull my teeth out. I am sure part of it has to do with my lack of experience with the class, but it really makes me respect those who can successfully roam on them, especially if running glassier builds. I found the video well-structured and informative, and the fights were all helpful at illustrating different tactics that need to be used when playing. Good kitten, sir.

>

>

Much appreciated, thank you so much! (It just takes lots of practice ;) currently 2k hours on reaper so, yes, im an addict lol)

> @"Bull Zooker.1672" said:

> Hollts, you are awesome man. dont forget the negative ninnies surf and comment on the forums more than the people with good things to say.

> ive been following you for a while and watching your videos always makes me want to play reaper again (necro main too). Good hustle man. Keep it coming.

Don't worry, they are very few. Just glad I get so many positive comments and can help some people out.