Where in the world do you want to go next? Vote now!

Fenom.9457

> @"Ben K.6238" said:

> Cantha is obviously a bit of a fan favourite, but if we're sticking to places currently on the map (interestingly this would disqualify Istan and Kourna) then I'll go for the Blazeridges and further north to Blood Legion lands. I can't think of any reason we'd go there yet however.

About Istan and Kourna, it's on the new map - the bigger new map, which you can probably find fastest by checking that shamans guide - he's using the new world map

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The option I'd choose isn't listed. **C A N T H A** Seriously, I want to know all about what happened there after the events of GW1. Also Tengu as a playable race, but I'm fairly certain ANet will never give us another race due to the huge amount of work they'd have to do getting all the existing armor sets to fit.

> @IllegalChocolate.6938 said:

> As far as Cantha is concerned, I was under the impression it was censored off due to a investor not liking the intermingling of Chinese, Japanese, and Korean influences(that was the rumor, however it could very well have been to ensure that Blade and Soul had the monopoly on asian influenced aesthethics for their product line-up ), hence why the Canthan district despite being fully built and done in Divinity's Reach, was completely removed for a large crater and eventually being replaced with the Crown Pavillion.

There are tons of rumors about this, but ANet has never officially stated why. The version I heard was that there was a high level executive at NCSoft that said they didn't want any Asian themed stuff due to the what you mentioned, not an investor. Interestingly enough, the supposed high level executive that said this also no longer works at NCSoft, so maybe there is hope?

I want Cantha, but I chose Isles of Janthir because I wasn't able to vote for it.

Furthermore, I would love to travel to the GW:Utopia continent in the future.

> @Teratus.2859 said:

> I'm curious as to if those areas were going to be the setting areas for Guildwars Utopia the cancelled release that was supposed to be Aztec themed which is definitely the vibe I get looking at the new Gw2 map.

>

Afaik, the Guildwars Utopia Continent was supposed to be to the west from Elona:

>Quote from Wiki:

>In his palace, Prince Mehtu the Wise tells the player about some artifacts from an ancient civilization recovered at the west coast. It may have been intentional foreshadowing to the new continent of Guild Wars Utopia.

> @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> Why isn't Dzalana (east of Vabbi) on the poll?!?

>

> I put Far Shiverpeaks but honestly... Anywhere. But perhaps Dzalana the most. Or the part of the Blood Legion Homelands east of the Blazeridge Mountains (as opposed to north as folks think of when seeing the name).

Because it's hard to say how big dzalana is and it may be in the vabbi map

> @Fenom.9457 said:

> > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > Why isn't Dzalana (east of Vabbi) on the poll?!?

> >

> > I put Far Shiverpeaks but honestly... Anywhere. But perhaps Dzalana the most. Or the part of the Blood Legion Homelands east of the Blazeridge Mountains (as opposed to north as folks think of when seeing the name).

>

>

> Because it's hard to say how big dzalana is and it may be in the vabbi map

It is 100% not in the Vabbi map which only includes Forum Highlands, Mirror of Lyss, and Garden of Seborah (sp). It doesn't touch Dzagonur Bastion and Dzalana was beyond that map in gw1. We never got to Dzalana in gw1 which was never part of Vabbi.

> @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > @Fenom.9457 said:

> > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > Why isn't Dzalana (east of Vabbi) on the poll?!?

> > >

> > > I put Far Shiverpeaks but honestly... Anywhere. But perhaps Dzalana the most. Or the part of the Blood Legion Homelands east of the Blazeridge Mountains (as opposed to north as folks think of when seeing the name).

> >

> >

> > Because it's hard to say how big dzalana is and it may be in the vabbi map

> It is 100% not in the Vabbi map which only includes Forum Highlands, Mirror of Lyss, and Garden of Seborah (sp). It doesn't touch Dzagonur Bastion and Dzalana was beyond that map in gw1. We never got to Dzalana in gw1 which was never part of Vabbi.

>

Ok, good to know! I still ran out of space though. I guess I may end up remaking this, but in any case Istan/Kourna vote is more of a "the rest of elona" kinda vote, so you could consider those a vote for Dzalana too

> @Vladish.3940 said:

> None of the above. I want Cantha. Where is that option? You obviously just put in there content you want to see and weren't objective. I want to know how the continent changed after the Factions.

How many people don't read the post? I made the poll based off of locations in the current map. The bigger one, which you can easily find as the map that shaman is using - it's not in game yet but is 100% real