Not the Pirate Ship Meta again..

Crazy.6029

I can only speak for myself and I wasn't a fan of the pirate ship meta. The reason is its just not fun to have two groups stand across from another ( large scale ) just waiting and hoping for an entry or scanning, otherwise you will hit a wall of 30 shades. I dont know how many people remember the pirate ship meta but I do and If I remember correctly it was mostly disliked for this very reason. We already had enough aoe circles to dodge before and now we have to contend with all that plus a huge amount of shades that do way more damage. I'm a little surprised that you went this way Anet given how stale and empty wvw got after the last pirate ship meta. Please do something. I really don't care which way you go, nerf the shades, buff resistance or add more professions that can provide resistance...give more stab... I dont care really. Just please fix it. Any Ideas to fix this mess are welcome. :)

Too lazy to find the anet post from the AMA right now, but reading between the lines (maybe not so much) they really screwed up regarding the shade mechanic and what it's capable of at large scale.

Edit:

_Sorry – it is NOT intended that stacking multiple shades compounds their effects. We’re going to make changes while keeping a close eye on the power of the Scourge across game modes and adjust it over time accordingly. Frankly, the Sand Shades were one of the most controversial (and dangerous!) mechanics we added with the Path of Fire Elite Specs_.

@"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" RE: you're comment below

There's definitely something to be said for organization and tactics, but with Scourge where it's at right now I'm not sure this is something that can be dealt with through those means alone. But then again I'm on a Merc server, and when I'm not roaming/havoking I'm probably not far from one of those cats you mentioned. ;-)

Pirate ship is a symptom of poor organisation and tactics, not AoE. There was always a lot of AoE.

In order to adapt to this type of meta, people will just have to get better at taking commands and commanders will have to get better at giving them as well as up their game when it comes to tactics.

For instance, instead of just being a blob following a tag and spamming whatever he/she says to, standing across and pirate-shipping, split into 3 squads with 3 commanders who work together to attack from different angles with different types of damage etc. Feints, False withdrawals, etc etc etc. Herding cats comes to mind though.

I've not played at T1 so I don't know how good they are, so I can't comment on them, but other tiers I've played at the commanders are nearly identical in their tactics and it's not exactly revolutionary, they have barely changed in 5 years.

AoE is not the problem (otherwise zerg busting won't be a thing), tactics could be, but I think the most important problem is still power/condi/cc/corruption creep. When HoT released, we got the pirate ship meta, because there's no way frontline would survive from those spikes and there were just way too many CCs. Then we got boon share meta which frontline would never die. It was nerfed and also stability was slightly buffed, we somehow hit a balance (it's always not good enough, but well). When PoF released, we are back to pirate ship again because again, we don't know how to mitigate those damages and keep the frontline alive. Scourge could be the one to blame because it has too many AoE boon corruption from range, and too many conditions so frontline just melt. Spellbreaker might be ok because it's frontline so they melt anyway.

To bring this back to normal, I think we could only nerf conditons and corruption, OR buff conditions/corruption/cc mitigations (and that would be another power creep, so I personally don't want to see), along with other classes balance, of course.

A.Net needs to have condi connected to another trait, say precision. I mean Power and Ferocity work together.

My reason for this is % crit chance is based on Precision. This way if a condi player has low precision, then the condi output would be low to nothing. This way Condi would be squishy and not like they are now.

The Pirate meta needs to go.

> @Sagramor.7395 said:

> Too lazy to find the anet post from the AMA right now, but reading between the lines (maybe not so much) they really screwed up regarding the shade mechanic and what it's capable of at large scale.

>

> Edit:

>

> _Sorry – it is NOT intended that stacking multiple shades compounds their effects. We’re going to make changes while keeping a close eye on the power of the Scourge across game modes and adjust it over time accordingly. Frankly, the Sand Shades were one of the most controversial (and dangerous!) mechanics we added with the Path of Fire Elite Specs_.

What does that means? Do they meant multiple shades from the same person? Or mutiple shades from different person?

> @SkyShroud.2865 said:

> > @Sagramor.7395 said:

> > Too lazy to find the anet post from the AMA right now, but reading between the lines (maybe not so much) they really screwed up regarding the shade mechanic and what it's capable of at large scale.

> >

> > Edit:

> >

> > _Sorry – it is NOT intended that stacking multiple shades compounds their effects. We’re going to make changes while keeping a close eye on the power of the Scourge across game modes and adjust it over time accordingly. Frankly, the Sand Shades were one of the most controversial (and dangerous!) mechanics we added with the Path of Fire Elite Specs_.

>

> What does that means? Do they meant multiple shades from the same person? Or mutiple shades from different person?

I would believe both, but regardless it's a pretty big OOPS.

Huge OOPS and why you're seeing blobs full of scourges. Easy mode, pound keys, win. Separate PvE from WvW and TEST YOUR STUFF, please. It's ok to give the PvE-focused groups more ease in their play with bigger results for less effort. But, to turn this loose in WvW is.... there are no words.

> @SkyShroud.2865 said:

> > @Sagramor.7395 said:

> > Too lazy to find the anet post from the AMA right now, but reading between the lines (maybe not so much) they really screwed up regarding the shade mechanic and what it's capable of at large scale.

> >

> > Edit:

> >

> > _Sorry – it is NOT intended that stacking multiple shades compounds their effects. We’re going to make changes while keeping a close eye on the power of the Scourge across game modes and adjust it over time accordingly. Frankly, the Sand Shades were one of the most controversial (and dangerous!) mechanics we added with the Path of Fire Elite Specs_.

>

> What does that means? Do they meant multiple shades from the same person? Or mutiple shades from different person?

Multiple from the same person. Right now that means very little in WvW as most scourges run sand savant so they are only having 1 out at a time.

@"Drekor.5217" Maybe the scourges you are seeing running only 1, but those that understand "stacking multiple shades compounds their effects" are stacking multiple shades. No need for escape portal (sand savant) when everything before you is dead due to the compounding effect of multiple shades from your blob full of scourges.

> @Pensadora.9478 said:

> @"Drekor.5217" Maybe the scourges you are seeing running only 1, but those that understand "stacking multiple shades compounds their effects" are stacking multiple shades. No need for escape portal (sand savant) when everything before you is dead due to the compounding effect of multiple shades from your blob full of scourges.

If people are standing in one spot long enough to allow Necros to dump multiple shades on them and then cycle through the F abilities I think they pretty much deserve to get melted.

Or you can move two steps out of those stacked small shades and go kill the Necros that are now staring at a timer while their useless shades hit nobody.

People are running Sand Savant, which is the 1 big shade and not the portal skill Sand Swell, because of its 300 radius, 5 target cap and ability to almost always have a shade on targets in a moving fight.

If staff on Condi reaper wasn't enough, they gave necromancer another source of ranged instant strike On-point aoe attacks with scourge. So instead of crushing everything within 600 with reaper now they crush everything within 900 with scourge lol.

I don't think condi scourge is op or anything like that, it's just so damned easy to play, just like reaper, that the ratio of Necromancers in wvw is way too high. Which is something I tried to warn about but all I got was "get good, l2p" level of debate.

> @Justine.6351 said:

> If staff on Condi reaper wasn't enough, they gave necromancer another source of ranged instant strike On-point aoe attacks with scourge. So instead of crushing everything within 600 with reaper now they crush everything within 900 with scourge lol.

Are you seriously and i mean seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeriously implying that Necro Staff is Brokenly good ?

WUT ?!

> @Roxanne.6140 said:

> Speaking of 1v2, what about the warrior? I saw one swag-jumping in our faces across the tower and nobody managed to kill him (smaller scale fight) just a few days ago

Well duh... spellbreaker is on the same level as scourge, if not worse. I have no idea what Anet was thinking putting full counter on 6s cd traited. Other classes with that kind of OP skill have them on 40-50s cd - and they will probably do half of what full counter does.