Queen's Gauntlet Entrance Ticket - what's the rationale behind requiring these?

I'm confused about the game design here. Each time I want to enter a fight in the Queen's Gauntlet, I need an entrance ticket. To get entrance tickets, I need to either fight enemies in the Crown Pavilion, do the Boss Blitz event, or buy tickets with tokens. The result is that, in order to play the content I want to play (i.e. the Queen's Gauntlet), I first have to play some content I don't want to play. Moreover, it takes me longer to acquire the tickets than the amount of time I spend fighting in the Gauntlet.

So what I want to know is: how does the fact that entry into the Gauntlet is gated behind having a ticket enhance the gameplay? And if it doesn't, what's the reasoning behind it?

They obviously want players that don't want to to the full boss blitz grind (which can be really efficient if people do it coordinated and you get gold) to spend their tokens (which are possible to get from other sources) - so the token rewards are harder to get if you need more trieds for the gauntlet.

I think partly it's a holdover from the original festival. Initially, the gauntlet was very farmable (the right build, certain boss with the right handicaps). The ticket costs moderated that somewhat.

And for those that don't gauntlet at all, 62 silver/stack is a nice little bonus for the Blitz.

If ANet redid the festival from the ground up, then sure, eliminate the tickets. Might have been a good idea in the past; doesn't really add to the fun now.

For me it's the same question from the opposite perspective.

Even though I don't engage much with that type of content beyond doing dailies I have hundreds of these things.

Then when I want to do some gauntlet the annoyance being having to retrieve them from a storage character and then remembering on which character I left them/depositing and retrieving them from the bank.

Considering they are so plentiful, I'm wondering why they still exist to begin with.

> @"Asum.4960" said:

> For me it's the same question from the opposite perspective.

> Even though I don't engage much with that type of content beyond doing dailies I have hundreds of these things.

> Then when I want to do some gauntlet the annoyance being having to retrieve them from a storage character and then remembering on which character I left them/depositing and retrieving them from the bank.

>

> Considering they are so plentiful, I'm wondering why they still exist to begin with.

In your case it would be simpler to just sell any that you get and when you need them buy the few that you would need from the vendor.