List of unresolved plot threads

Sajuuk Khar.1509

Since Anet FINALLY restored access to the lore book collections for PoF, I found something rather interesting.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Order_of_Whispers_Mission_Dispatches

P1. I've been sent to learn about the Order of Shadows—how they strayed so far, why they ignore our requests for collaboration. The first step is information, and for that I need local contacts.

P2. So far, every line of inquiry we're pursued has failed. Balthazar's invasion and Joko's absence make this a unique opportunity for discovery. I will not let the Preceptors down.

P3. Successfully infiltrated the mines. Strong Shadows influence here. Nobody's talking, though. It'll take time to build enough trust to exploit. Even with my Vabbian ancestry, this is dicey...dangerous.

P4. Progress: after some strong hints, I was sympathetic to their cause, and some stronger Elonian wine, the mine foreman let slip he works with Shadows—an associate, not an agent. I can use that. And him.

P5. Met with two confirmed Shadows associates. Astonishing: To them, we are the ones who lost our way. To them, Joko is a more pressing threat than Kralkatorrik...or any Elder Dragon.

P6. Bombshell: Shadows is a splinter group. Original Whispers still here, farther south in Elona proper. They rejected Shadows' exclusive focus on Joko; schism formed, Shadows began parallel operations.

P7. Secured proof that Shadows plays all sides off each other to keep the status quo churning and exploitable. They advance Joko's cause one day, Sunspears' the next. A very dangerous game.

P8. Troubling: confirmed that Shadows sacrifices innocents simply to protect their ability to influence events. Schemes that only serve to perpetuate more schemes—do they even have an endgame?

P9. I think they're on to me. Both of my primary contacts have gone missing, and my secondaries refuse to acknowledge me. There's so much more to learn, but I fear it's no longer safe to learn it.

P10. My cover's definitely blown. Strangers tried to follow me home. I gave them the slip, but this will be my last dispatch. If Shadows knows what I'm up to, and where to find me...

Apparently, while the Order of Shadow has split from the Order of Whispers, the original Whispers group still continues to exist further south in Elona, and the Order of Whispers from Tyria apparently didn't know this(or at least the agent they sent didn't)

So I guess we have three Order of Whispers factions going on here.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The original Chantry of Secrets, which is the first Order of Whispers base, was far south of Vabbi. That's probably where the Elonian OoW are based, and the group mentioned in the correspondence. It's probably been a long time since the two Whispers branches have had true contact with each other, and during that time is when the Shadows schism formed. We also know that Kito hasn't told us much about the split between the Shadows and Whispers, and during the epilogue, we're given a promise to learn more in time. That will probably come up during Season 4, perhaps even in the first chapter.

> @Rognik.2579 said:

> The original Chantry of Secrets, which is the first Order of Whispers base, was far south of Vabbi. That's probably where the Elonian OoW are based, and the group mentioned in the correspondence. It's probably been a long time since the two Whispers branches have had true contact with each other, and during that time is when the Shadows schism formed. We also know that Kito hasn't told us much about the split between the Shadows and Whispers, and during the epilogue, we're given a promise to learn more in time. That will probably come up during Season 4, perhaps even in the first chapter.

Actually, if you mean the GW1 Chantry, it was on the Vabbi-Kourna border, more or less - just north of Jahai (Kourna) and west of Wehhan Terraces (Vabbi). if ArenaNet puts a map south of the Domain of Vabbi map, it will probably contain the original Chantry site.

> @draxynnic.3719 said:

> > @Rognik.2579 said:

> > The original Chantry of Secrets, which is the first Order of Whispers base, was far south of Vabbi. That's probably where the Elonian OoW are based, and the group mentioned in the correspondence. It's probably been a long time since the two Whispers branches have had true contact with each other, and during that time is when the Shadows schism formed. We also know that Kito hasn't told us much about the split between the Shadows and Whispers, and during the epilogue, we're given a promise to learn more in time. That will probably come up during Season 4, perhaps even in the first chapter.

>

> Actually, if you mean the GW1 Chantry, it was on the Vabbi-Kourna border, more or less - just north of Jahai (Kourna) and west of Wehhan Terraces (Vabbi). if ArenaNet puts a map south of the Domain of Vabbi map, it will probably contain the original Chantry site.

It would be nice to find out there's still a OoW site at the original Chantry, because the personal story one seems...underwhelming. In GW1 the (at the time) Master of Whispers had a lot of knowledge on demons and titans, and were more or less capable of navigating even inside the Realm of Torment. I chose to join the Order for this reason during Core game but it felt silly, like being the archmage in Skyrim. I wouldn't even mind having this conflict between orders involve the closure of some loose thread and being done in Raids really.