Black lion key sale is a bit misleading isn't it?

Bast.7253

It gives the price of 5 keys as being 600 gems when it's normally 450, and 3k gems for 25 when it's almost half that much. I'm assuming it's listing the price of if you bought each key individually, but why would someone do that when there are already bundles of 5/25?

For new players that don't normally buy keys and already know what those prices normally run when not on sale, it feels like a pretty cheap way to con them into thinking they're getting a huge bargain when the actual sale, while still obviously cheaper, is far less drastic.

Seems like an unnecessarily predatory tactic to me and my grandfather was a car salesman...

This comes up every single time black lion keys are on sale. It shows the total discount compared to buying that many individual keys, not the discount off the normal discount for buying a bundle. It's not wrong, just a different way of displaying it from what some people expect.

They probably could change it to show the normal discounted price crossed out instead of the total, but then the bundled keys wouldn't show the full 30% discount and unless you calculated the full price of buying 30 individual keys it would still look like a mistake, so the problem would still exist. I suppose they could show the total price, _and_ the normal discounted price and the current price, but they'd need more space on the UI and probably some way to explain which is which.

I don't think there's an easy way to make it clear to everyone without having the full process written out...and since it doesn't seem to put people off buying them I suspect Anet don't think it's worth doing.