So are they advertising to comic book and readers to get new players?

Dark Horse is the company that published Sin City and 300. It targets existing GW2 players. If you didn't know what GW2 was you wouldn't be looking for a GW2 Game Art book and even if you did look at it, you would be very unlikely to buy it. On the other hand its very appealing to existing players. Game Art produced by a brand known for its edgieness and like Anet, for being a scrappy underdog compared to Marvel and DC.

> @"AlexxxDelta.1806" said:

> Dark Horse is known for expanding video game lore and creating new and interesting stories. Their Kotor comics supplementing Bioware's game back then, are still considered among the best Star Wars stories.

>

> Any kind of collab with them is a good move imo.

But if I understood correctly they didn't say they're making a comic, just an art book.

I've got 3 Guild Wars art books already, two that came with the collectors editions of Factions and Nightfall and one GW2 one which I'm not sure where it came from originally (I won it in a Pink Day in LA contest a few years ago) and they're all pretty light on lore and information, mostly just pictures. Which is fair enough for an art book but I do prefer the ones where it goes into more detail about how the designs were developed and the changes made between the concept art and the final version in the game.