What do you want for GW2?

> @"coso.9173" said:

> gw2 without its living story is a game without story progress, and that means a dead MMO.

You literally just said you haven't played any living world episode yet, but you try to pretend to know what makes an MMO alive? What a god gamer

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I care about 20% of the first option. I care about 100% of the second point. So naturally, I take the second option.

Interestingly, I care most strongly about something you didn't even list, open world meta events. I absolutely love Dragonfall, I enjoyed Silverwastes and Dragonfall. I would like a new world boss system. I am curious about the new strike missions or whatsitcalled.

We want more choices as a game has multiple type of characters some love the WvW PvP or Raid and Fractals others love the story lines and free roaming ! But if you think about it both are equal ! Of course an mmo need to have PvP or WvW or Dungeon content (which right now dungeons are dead !) but they could do something that is more rewarding at least to make them feel alive again ! On the other hand Free roamers prefer farming instead of competing so you have to give them some content to have them in the game other wise you will lose people !

A large Cantha expansion with new specs, housing, new PvP game modes and a new WvW map more in the line with the one in ESO (more amount of structures and with deeper construction mechanics), and character platiffs. Only the last piece "was delivered" so the presentation was largely meaningless and irrelevant.

> @"Shadow.5983" said:

> > @"coso.9173" said:

> > gw2 without its living story is a game without story progress, and that means a dead MMO.

>

> You literally just said you haven't played any living world episode yet, but you try to pretend to know what makes an MMO alive? What a god gamer

What? I never said I haven't played any living story I said I haven't played runescape. I've played all living word episodes and expansions since lws2.

> @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > @"Shortage.5427" said:

> > Honestly reading through those who voted for "Living Story" either play Guild Wars 2 2-3 hours per 2 months or don't play the game at all whats so ever.

>

> You sure about that?

I am pretty sure that if you think that an MMORPG's healthy progression is the "Living Story" you are far from being right. Those who log in daily in GW2 are those who do Fractals, PvP, WvW and Raids. Occasionally do Meta-Events but only if they are too tired to flip prices in the Trading Post. Living Story is something we'd do for 2 hours max, explore the new region, realize it is another copy-paste currency farming map, try to find an exploit and if all else fails it's abandoned. That's just about it.

> @"Shortage.5427" said:

> > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > > @"Shortage.5427" said:

> > > Honestly reading through those who voted for "Living Story" either play Guild Wars 2 2-3 hours per 2 months or don't play the game at all whats so ever.

> >

> > You sure about that?

>

> I am pretty sure that if you think that an MMORPG's healthy progression is the "Living Story" you are far from being right. Those who log in daily in GW2 are those who do Fractals, PvP, WvW and Raids. Occasionally do Meta-Events but only if they are too tired to flip prices in the Trading Post. Living Story is something we'd do for 2 hours max, explore the new region, realize it is another copy-paste currency farming map, try to find an exploit and if all else fails it's abandoned. That's just about it.

You are making a lot of assumptions about how other people play the game and think.

Each living world episode gives me much more than 2 3 hours of game play. To me it's like 30 or 49 hours each, because I play the story then play the maps complete events then start with achievements and all of that takes a lot of time if you play casually like I do.

> @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > @"Shortage.5427" said:

> > > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > > > @"Shortage.5427" said:

> > > > Honestly reading through those who voted for "Living Story" either play Guild Wars 2 2-3 hours per 2 months or don't play the game at all whats so ever.

> > >

> > > You sure about that?

> >

> > I am pretty sure that if you think that an MMORPG's healthy progression is the "Living Story" you are far from being right. Those who log in daily in GW2 are those who do Fractals, PvP, WvW and Raids. Occasionally do Meta-Events but only if they are too tired to flip prices in the Trading Post. Living Story is something we'd do for 2 hours max, explore the new region, realize it is another copy-paste currency farming map, try to find an exploit and if all else fails it's abandoned. That's just about it.

>

> You are making a lot of assumptions about how other people play the game and think.

too me, it looks like I hit the nail on the spot.

> @"Shortage.5427" said:

> > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > > @"Shortage.5427" said:

> > > > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > > > > @"Shortage.5427" said:

> > > > > Honestly reading through those who voted for "Living Story" either play Guild Wars 2 2-3 hours per 2 months or don't play the game at all whats so ever.

> > > >

> > > > You sure about that?

> > >

> > > I am pretty sure that if you think that an MMORPG's healthy progression is the "Living Story" you are far from being right. Those who log in daily in GW2 are those who do Fractals, PvP, WvW and Raids. Occasionally do Meta-Events but only if they are too tired to flip prices in the Trading Post. Living Story is something we'd do for 2 hours max, explore the new region, realize it is another copy-paste currency farming map, try to find an exploit and if all else fails it's abandoned. That's just about it.

> >

> > You are making a lot of assumptions about how other people play the game and think.

>

> too me, it looks like I hit the nail on the spot.

Care to elaborate on that statement?

Your poll really doesn't offer a choice - and I think you know that (evidenced by the fact that you pretty much immediately let everyone know what you voted for).

Basically, you are just asking people if they like living story.

I think it needs some love (and that love includes many of the elements you list in your other response), but Living Story (which I think includes open world content) remains the most important part of the game for a singular reason - it is what sets GW2 apart from other games. It is what the game has been built around since day one. Now, they may not have gotten it right some of the time, but when they do, it is a compelling and fun experience.

I think there are things on your list that are absolutely required to keep the game healthy - but there are also things on that list that should probably be de-emphasized and set aside to focus more resources on the one thing that sets GW2 apart (and that is open world living story). Your poll is more or less useless because, again, it really isn't a poll. You're just asking people if they like living story.

> @"Aenesthesia.1697" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > Where is my third option? Namely, "Great story contents through expansions."

>

> what's the expansion for?

This would be the third time I'd have to type this today, so I'll simply copy and paste from [here](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1025246#Comment_1025246 "here"):

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> * I'm excited about the topics the next LW season will deal with. :) The graphics and cinematics looked awesome!

> * **That said, I would prefer it to be an expansion. I don't mind the wait. I prefer story content that you can play through at once instead of being spoon-fed over the course of 1.5 years, that has a conclusion at the end (not counting any cliffhangers for upcoming stories) and has _one_ team that wraps up the whole thing and ensures it is well-rounded and - most importantly - consistent in terms of quality and coherence.**

> * [...]

> @"coso.9173" said:

> > @"Shadow.5983" said:

> > > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > gw2 without its living story is a game without story progress, and that means a dead MMO.

> >

> > You literally just said you haven't played any living world episode yet, but you try to pretend to know what makes an MMO alive? What a god gamer

>

> What? I never said I haven't played any living story I said I haven't played runescape. I've played all living word episodes and expansions since lws2.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/472179375111143424/617268600755060736/wl1YAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png

Must be a visual bug :)

> @"Ruufio.1496" said:

> > @"coso.9173" said:

> > gw2 without its living story is a game without story progress, and that means a dead MMO.

>

> Oldschool RuneScape focused on content. RuneScape 3 focused on story and gem store. Which one is alive?

Both

> @"Shadow.5983" said:

> > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > @"Shadow.5983" said:

> > > > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > > gw2 without its living story is a game without story progress, and that means a dead MMO.

> > >

> > > You literally just said you haven't played any living world episode yet, but you try to pretend to know what makes an MMO alive? What a god gamer

> >

> > What? I never said I haven't played any living story I said I haven't played runescape. I've played all living word episodes and expansions since lws2.

>

> https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/472179375111143424/617268600755060736/wl1YAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png

>

> Must be a visual bug :)

yeah that was a reply to someone who was talking about runescape and the new runescape. and was asked wich of them was alive by now.