Ascended Gardening

Is my Cilantro plant meant to evaporate the first time i harvest it?

Because that was a lot of effort for fuck all. not even interesting effort once the chievo is done, just busily clicking through menus to make the essences of nourishment and then spend forever mining the herb nodes for some seeds.

So busywork and a resource sink?

> @"Maimakterion.5940" said:

> Is my Cilantro plant meant to evaporate the first time i harvest it?

Yes: just like any other ascended material production, there's a time gate in order to stimulate demand for the materials needed to make it. You might have noticed that cheap food is no longer dirt cheap and a variety of herbs are also worth farming again.

> So busywork and a resource sink?

Resource sink? Yes. Busy work? depends. Most people in my circle enjoyed the Gourmet Cooking process; your mileage varies.

PS there are already other threads on the topic.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> Yes: just like any other ascended material production, there's a time gate in order to stimulate demand for the materials needed to make it. You might have noticed that cheap food is no longer dirt cheap and a variety of herbs are also worth farming again.

>

But it isnt just time gated like the others, the node turns into an open plot, its timegate + go craft the seeds from scratch again.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> PS there are already other threads on the topic.

>

Ctrl+F returned none on this topic in the first three pages of the forum, and I wasnt about to necro some old thread.

> @"Maimakterion.5940" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > Yes: just like any other ascended material production, there's a time gate in order to stimulate demand for the materials needed to make it. You might have noticed that cheap food is no longer dirt cheap and a variety of herbs are also worth farming again.

> >

> But it isnt just time gated like the others, the node turns into an open plot, its timegate + go craft the seeds from scratch again.

You misunderstand. Just as we can only produce Mithrilium once per day, we can only produce Cultivated seeds once per day. Yes, it's a more annoying time gate because there's two additional steps (equipping pouch in home instance and planting it), but it's otherwise parallel in mechanics.

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > PS there are already other threads on the topic.

> >

> Ctrl+F returned none on this topic in the first three pages of the forum,

`ctrl-f`isn't necessarily the best search tool for these forums

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/search?Search=pouch

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/search?Search=varietal

e.g.

* https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/85787/varietal-seed-pouches-are-destroyed-if-dropped-while-equipped

> and I wasnt about to necro some old thread.

How could you be necroing a topic that couldn't have existed 5 days ago?

Regardless, I'm not sure why you are taking it as a dig. My point is that you aren't alone in questioning the mechanic.