Anet can you be more creative?

JUN YANG.4328

I assume everyone had seen the latest LS5 trailer.

I am not complaint anything. but why every LS is fighting dragon? on LS5 last scene , i bet thats a face of dragon again.

something i dont get it. when the developer create the world of gw2 with that many dragon. why they wont fight each other?

so is that mean LS is dragon fight. expansion is god fight?

ok now Balthazar is dead on POF . still got 5 gods. Grenth and Lyssa look like bad guys, are we fighting them on next expansion? is it like "darsiders" ? Revenge for their brother--

Come one anet be creative,

I'm going to bet that we don't actually get to fight the dragon in LS5.

To be fair though ... Anet is following some canon, at least to the extent that makes sense to make a game around. Could they be more creative? To be fair .. Joko and his minions weren't a dragon and we got a significant amount of LS content from that. Scarlet wasn't a dragon either., same thing.

So while the whole story is centered on these dragons, not all the content is.

I'd like to see more creativity in the in-game obtainable armor/weapon front. I know the gemstore is meant to shine, but you'd think they would come up with some armor designs that are more than just asymmetrical spikes and butt capes.

As to the story, I think it's probably hard when they make it up on the fly. I don't mind dealing with the elder dragons, but I don't think we will be fighting Jormag by the end of the season anyway. He's entices people and coerces people, he doesn't seem to just involuntarily subjugate them. I think that's one indication that we may not even have to kill him or fight him, so much as learn to live with him and around him. Maybe in terms of him/her and its minions conquering and taking more land, but I'd be more willing to bet that at some point we form an alliance with him for some reason, even if briefly. It's the only thing we haven't really done with an elder dragon so far.

Though admittedly the trailer did kind of give me the vibes that it looks like they're just readapting the Game of Thrones whitewalker angle into Guild Wars 2.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> I'm going to bet that we don't actually get to fight the dragon in LS5.

>

> To be fair though ... Anet is following some canon, at least to the extent that makes sense to make a game around. Could they be more creative? To be fair .. Joko and his minions weren't a dragon and we got a significant amount of LS content from that. Scarlet wasn't a dragon either., same thing.

>

> So while the whole story is centered on these dragons, not all the content is.

if not a dragon. i dont know what it could be? Shadow Behemoth?

on The Icebrood Saga's wall paper. the face is really look like dragon to me.

Well, if you wait to play it, you will find out. I don't know either, but that's not really the point I'm making. I'm simply speculating that we don't get to the end of LS5 and fight and defeat the dragon.

The point is that Anet hasn't ONLY given us content where we fight dragons. In otherwords, they are probably as creative as they can be while sticking to the canon of Guild Wars.

I mean, think about it ... if there is 5 dragons and Anet ONLY made content where we fight and kill them ... we pretty much know when the game ends. They wouldn't do that.

> @"JUN YANG.4328" said:

> I am not complaint anything. but why every LS is fighting dragon?

Apparently, they want to conclude the dragon cycle. I was complaining about this for years myself, **but** I believe they are being _a lot more_ creative this time around by adding some diversion to the story (humans enslaved by centaurs, norn and charr concerns etc).

You really shouldn't be complaining if you have thoroughly watched the trailer, the Rytlock clip, and listened to the presentation. You should applaud them instead for finally adding a rich story environment to the plot. <3

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> I don't think I've seen Primordus since Guild Wars (One).

Um, you have? Season 3? :)

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"JUN YANG.4328" said:

> > I am not complaint anything. but why every LS is fighting dragon?

>

> Apparently, they want to conclude the dragon cycle. I was complaining about this for years myself, **but** I believe they are being _a lot more_ creative this time around by adding some diversion to the story (humans enslaved by centaurs, norn and charr concerns etc).

>

> You really shouldn't be complaining if you have thoroughly watched the trailer, the Rytlock clip, and listened to the presentation. You should applaud them instead for finally adding a rich story environment to the plot. <3

>

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > I don't think I've seen Primordus since Guild Wars (One).

>

> Um, you have? Season 3? :)

Hah! My bad! Some day I must finish Season Three.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > I am not complaint anything. but why every LS is fighting dragon?

>

> Apparently, they want to conclude the dragon cycle. I was complaining about this for years myself, **but** I believe they are being _a lot more_ creative this time around by adding some diversion to the story (humans enslaved by centaurs, norn and charr concerns etc).

>

> You really shouldn't be complaining if you have thoroughly watched the trailer, the Rytlock clip, and listened to the presentation. You should applaud them instead for finally adding a rich story environment to the plot. <3

>

> > I don't think I've seen Primordus since Guild Wars (One).

>

> Um, you have? Season 3? :)

well , as i mention i not complaint about they having dragon on LS. but i just want them to be more creative for LS.

regarding to wiki. there are still a unknown deep sea elder dragon. maybe bring back Zhaitan from his dead body in the ocean one day.

> @"JUN YANG.4328" said:

> well , as i mention i not complaint about they having dragon on LS. but i just want them to be more creative for LS.

Then just wait for the upcoming release and judge their creativity then instead of creating another thread with a provocative/negative title in the midst of the current kittenstorm?

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Hah! My bad! Some day I must finish Season Three.

Don't be in a rush. Let's just say it was my least favorite story content. ;)

> @"JUN YANG.4328" said:

> > Pretty sure we didn't fight any dragons in Season One or Two or Three. Only Season Four.

>

> is it fighting "Primordus" on LS3?

> and is it Jormag on LS5's walk paper?

>

Again ... when you say Anet ONLY gives us LS with fighting dragons, well, that's just plain wrong. in fact, I would say there is a healthy mix of dragon and not-dragon LS themes. Truly, if you think about if what you said was true, then the game would end when when LS5 is over. That would make zero sense.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > Pretty sure we didn't fight any dragons in Season One or Two or Three. Only Season Four.

> >

> > is it fighting "Primordus" on LS3?

> > and is it Jormag on LS5's walk paper?

> >

>

> Again ... when you say Anet ONLY gives us LS with fighting dragons, well, that's just plain wrong. in fact, I would say there is a healthy mix of dragon and not-dragon LS themes. Truly, if you think about if what you said was true, then the game would end when when LS5 is over. That would make zero sense.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > Pretty sure we didn't fight any dragons in Season One or Two or Three. Only Season Four.

> >

> > is it fighting "Primordus" on LS3?

> > and is it Jormag on LS5's walk paper?

> >

>

> Again ... when you say Anet ONLY gives us LS with fighting dragons, well, that's just plain wrong. in fact, I would say there is a healthy mix of dragon and not-dragon LS themes. Truly, if you think about if what you said was true, then the game would end when when LS5 is over. That would make zero sense.

i dont know why you thought the game will end on LS5 if continue fighting Dragon on LS.

if lS5 is Jormag. LS6 could be underwater elder dragon. LS7 could be Zhaitan again. dont forgot we still got the underwater dragon. and water in gw2 mean healing. could easy to make up a story bring Zhaitan back to live. as a elder dragon he die too easy for me. and Zhaitan is undead dragon . well you know what they can do, changed all other dead elder dragon to undead format. and recycle agin. this can play up to LS12.

> @"JUN YANG.4328" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"JUN YANG.4328" said:

> > > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > > Pretty sure we didn't fight any dragons in Season One or Two or Three. Only Season Four.

> > >

> > > is it fighting "Primordus" on LS3?

> > > and is it Jormag on LS5's walk paper?

> > >

> >

> > Again ... when you say Anet ONLY gives us LS with fighting dragons, well, that's just plain wrong. in fact, I would say there is a healthy mix of dragon and not-dragon LS themes. Truly, if you think about if what you said was true, then the game would end when when LS5 is over. That would make zero sense.

>

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > > Pretty sure we didn't fight any dragons in Season One or Two or Three. Only Season Four.

> > >

> > > is it fighting "Primordus" on LS3?

> > > and is it Jormag on LS5's walk paper?

> > >

> >

> > Again ... when you say Anet ONLY gives us LS with fighting dragons, well, that's just plain wrong. in fact, I would say there is a healthy mix of dragon and not-dragon LS themes. Truly, if you think about if what you said was true, then the game would end when when LS5 is over. That would make zero sense.

>

> i dont know why you thought the game will end on LS5 if continue fighting Dragon on LS.

>

> if lS5 is Jormag. LS6 could be underwater elder dragon. LS7 could be Zhaitan again. dont forgot we still got the underwater dragon. and water in gw2 mean healing. could easy to make up a story bring Zhaitan back to live. as a elder dragon he die too easy for me. and Zhaitan is undead dragon . well you know what they can do, changed all other dead elder dragon to undead format. and recycle agin. this can play up to LS12.

Dude, I think there is a misunderstanding ... frankly, I think players would see right through the gimmick of bringing dead dragons back to life just to make more LS's, but that's not the point.

I'm just going to make this simple: you are wrong when you say Anet only gives us LS with fighting dragons. They don't, so the accusation you make that they aren't creative is baseless.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"JUN YANG.4328" said:

> > > > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > > > Pretty sure we didn't fight any dragons in Season One or Two or Three. Only Season Four.

> > > >

> > > > is it fighting "Primordus" on LS3?

> > > > and is it Jormag on LS5's walk paper?

> > > >

> > >

> > > Again ... when you say Anet ONLY gives us LS with fighting dragons, well, that's just plain wrong. in fact, I would say there is a healthy mix of dragon and not-dragon LS themes. Truly, if you think about if what you said was true, then the game would end when when LS5 is over. That would make zero sense.

> >

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"JUN YANG.4328" said:

> > > > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > > > Pretty sure we didn't fight any dragons in Season One or Two or Three. Only Season Four.

> > > >

> > > > is it fighting "Primordus" on LS3?

> > > > and is it Jormag on LS5's walk paper?

> > > >

> > >

> > > Again ... when you say Anet ONLY gives us LS with fighting dragons, well, that's just plain wrong. in fact, I would say there is a healthy mix of dragon and not-dragon LS themes. Truly, if you think about if what you said was true, then the game would end when when LS5 is over. That would make zero sense.

> >

> > i dont know why you thought the game will end on LS5 if continue fighting Dragon on LS.

> >

> > if lS5 is Jormag. LS6 could be underwater elder dragon. LS7 could be Zhaitan again. dont forgot we still got the underwater dragon. and water in gw2 mean healing. could easy to make up a story bring Zhaitan back to live. as a elder dragon he die too easy for me. and Zhaitan is undead dragon . well you know what they can do, changed all other dead elder dragon to undead format. and recycle agin. this can play up to LS12.

>

> Dude, I think there is a misunderstanding ... frankly, I think players would see right through the gimmick of bringing dead dragons back to life just to make more LS's, but that's not the point.

>

> I'm just going to make this simple: you are wrong when you say Anet only gives us LS with fighting dragons. They don't, so the accusation you make that they aren't creative is baseless.

well..this base on lS1~2 Mordremoth, lS3 primordus, ls4 kralkatorrik. ls5 Jormag. maybe not fighting it. but definitely some to do with it. maybe i am. i dont know.

I get that people are getting tired of fighting dragons but the game was focused on combating dragons from the very beginning, we always knew how many dragons there were, we always knew they were going to need fought. Personally I feel it would be a little weird for the dragons to suddenly stop being a threat so we can just run around doing other things. Plus we have had Balthazar and Joko as big enemies to fight as well.

> @"JUN YANG.4328" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"JUN YANG.4328" said:

> > > > > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > > > > Pretty sure we didn't fight any dragons in Season One or Two or Three. Only Season Four.

> > > > >

> > > > > is it fighting "Primordus" on LS3?

> > > > > and is it Jormag on LS5's walk paper?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Again ... when you say Anet ONLY gives us LS with fighting dragons, well, that's just plain wrong. in fact, I would say there is a healthy mix of dragon and not-dragon LS themes. Truly, if you think about if what you said was true, then the game would end when when LS5 is over. That would make zero sense.

> > >

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"JUN YANG.4328" said:

> > > > > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > > > > Pretty sure we didn't fight any dragons in Season One or Two or Three. Only Season Four.

> > > > >

> > > > > is it fighting "Primordus" on LS3?

> > > > > and is it Jormag on LS5's walk paper?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Again ... when you say Anet ONLY gives us LS with fighting dragons, well, that's just plain wrong. in fact, I would say there is a healthy mix of dragon and not-dragon LS themes. Truly, if you think about if what you said was true, then the game would end when when LS5 is over. That would make zero sense.

> > >

> > > i dont know why you thought the game will end on LS5 if continue fighting Dragon on LS.

> > >

> > > if lS5 is Jormag. LS6 could be underwater elder dragon. LS7 could be Zhaitan again. dont forgot we still got the underwater dragon. and water in gw2 mean healing. could easy to make up a story bring Zhaitan back to live. as a elder dragon he die too easy for me. and Zhaitan is undead dragon . well you know what they can do, changed all other dead elder dragon to undead format. and recycle agin. this can play up to LS12.

> >

> > Dude, I think there is a misunderstanding ... frankly, I think players would see right through the gimmick of bringing dead dragons back to life just to make more LS's, but that's not the point.

> >

> > I'm just going to make this simple: you are wrong when you say Anet only gives us LS with fighting dragons. They don't, so the accusation you make that they aren't creative is baseless.

>

> well..this base on lS1~2 Mordremoth, lS3 primordus, ls4 kralkatorrik. ls5 Jormag. maybe not fighting it. but definitely some to do with it. maybe i am. i dont know.

Well, that's a problem because no matter how you want to split hairs here, anet is going to follow the canon of Guild Wars ... and that involves dragons. If anything, Anet **has** been creative because of how they have introduced lots of other non-dragon opponents for us to fight. I mean ...we got a WHOLE expansion related to fighting a fallen god. Dragons were hardly involved. If you do an objective analysis, we have actually fought and defeated as many major non-dragon opponents as dragons.

> @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> I get that people are getting tired of fighting dragons but the game was focused on combating dragons from the very beginning, we always knew how many dragons there were, we always knew they were going to need fought. Personally I feel it would be a little weird for the dragons to suddenly stop being a threat so we can just run around doing other things. Plus we have had Balthazar and Joko as big enemies to fight as well.

Actually they set up a situation where the dragon threat was sort of reversed. I mean in PoF our job was to protect a dragon from a god. I thought that was a great twist.

> @"knomslayer.9457" said:

> i think anet is setting up something new after we defeat all the dragons. someone or something is going to take advantage when the dragon are deads

There's definitely something coming after dealing with the dragons. Because two questions and loose ends have been in the air since the beginning of the game, and nothing has directly answered it...how did the Elder Dragons get corrupted to begin with, and what started the cycle of them devouring magical energy?

I love dragons and think they can make for great stories but killing one over and over is just stale at this point. Balthazar was a nice change of pace but the game has been so much about story that its hard to really enjoy any villain that comes my way now because its so predictable. We rally Tyria, kill a few armies, rally new foes, have a close call with a main supporting character, rally again, kill the villain, victory party/speech while showing off a new threat.

I think it's worth remembering that Jormag and Primordus are directly opposed to each other, their weaknesses are literally the other dragon's power. And if you watch the trailer again, the bit at the beginning about 'what you fear" isn't showing ice and snow, it's showing fire and burning. It's quite possible that Jormag is looking to recruit people to help it stand up against Primordus. This would open things up for a much more indirect conflict, especially as killing one of the two dragons means we might lose the power to kill the other after.

It's still "us vs dragons", yes, but they may be doing something new with it this time. Lets give them a chance and see where they're going with this before deciding it's more of the same old same old.