Why i can't get gem refund if i bought the game 20 days ago from an official retailer?

SeikeNz.3526

I just want a serious response about the Heart of Thorns refund, Since i'm not from USA and i dont have a int card, so to get the game i bought it from an offcial retailer that i found at the official site, the game and the keys are the same, even people who bought it with gold/gem in game are allowed to get a refund, can someone answer me?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll have to ask the official retailer you bought it from why they won't refund you.

Different places have different policies.

This is the most likely reason: most third party retailers don't refund games with serial codes once opened because they can't resell the game. Because they don't know if the person who bought it used the code or not and since you have an account here, you obviously have used your code. Since they have to buy the codes they sell to others, every code they allow be returned is a code they basically threw money away for.

> @"EmmetOtter.8542" said:

> Contact customer support.

> https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us

>

> Posting here might get you an answer but won't get you a refund.

i already did it, they said to me that i can't get a refund because i bought it from a retailer, im not even asking for cash, its just the gems like everyone else would get, so i want an appropriate answer, not trying to be toxic.

> @"Taygus.4571" said:

> customer service is the only ones who can help.

>

> But Id imagine there's some odd loophole with you buyin the game from a store.

>

> You do know getting a refund permabans your account tho?

i bought both hot and pof, since they turned hot free for who own pof, im talking about the news:

"Players Who Purchased Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns in the Last 60 Days

Players who bought Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns through the Black Lion Trading Post or our official website between July 31 and August 30, 2019, can request a refund in either cash or the equivalent value of gems. Players who purchased Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns through the Black Lion Trading Post or our official website between July 1, 2019, and July 30, 2019, can request gem compensation."

> @"SeikeNz.3526" said:

> > @"EmmetOtter.8542" said:

> > Contact customer support.

> > https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us

> >

> > Posting here might get you an answer but won't get you a refund.

>

> i already did it, they said to me that i can't get a refund because i bought it from a retailer, im not even asking for cash, its just the gems like everyone else would get, so i want an appropriate answer, not trying to be toxic.

>

> > @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > customer service is the only ones who can help.

> >

> > But Id imagine there's some odd loophole with you buyin the game from a store.

> >

> > You do know getting a refund permabans your account tho?

>

> i bought both hot and pof, since they turned hot free for who own pof, im talking about the news:

>

> "Players Who Purchased Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns in the Last 60 Days

> Players who bought Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns through the Black Lion Trading Post or our official website between July 31 and August 30, 2019, can request a refund in either cash or the equivalent value of gems. Players who purchased Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns through the Black Lion Trading Post or our official website between July 1, 2019, and July 30, 2019, can request gem compensation."

Unfortunately, I don't think that works for you, because you didn't buy from Anet.

But again, customer service if where to go.

And if you're not happy, ask for the enquiry to be escalated.

> @"Algreg.3629" said:

> easy to explain and understand: your contractual partner is not anet, but the retailer.

well not really, im playing on anet servers not retailers servers, i bought the game from a retailer but the money was send to anet in a way or another, i just bought it from the retailer because i don't have a international card, if i bought it from gold in game i could have get a refund, that's does not make sense

> @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > @"SeikeNz.3526" said:

> > > @"EmmetOtter.8542" said:

> > > Contact customer support.

> > > https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us

> > >

> > > Posting here might get you an answer but won't get you a refund.

> >

> > i already did it, they said to me that i can't get a refund because i bought it from a retailer, im not even asking for cash, its just the gems like everyone else would get, so i want an appropriate answer, not trying to be toxic.

> >

> > > @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > > customer service is the only ones who can help.

> > >

> > > But Id imagine there's some odd loophole with you buyin the game from a store.

> > >

> > > You do know getting a refund permabans your account tho?

> >

> > i bought both hot and pof, since they turned hot free for who own pof, im talking about the news:

> >

> > "Players Who Purchased Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns in the Last 60 Days

> > Players who bought Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns through the Black Lion Trading Post or our official website between July 31 and August 30, 2019, can request a refund in either cash or the equivalent value of gems. Players who purchased Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns through the Black Lion Trading Post or our official website between July 1, 2019, and July 30, 2019, can request gem compensation."

>

> Unfortunately, I don't think that works for you, because you didn't buy from Anet.

>

> But again, customer service if where to go.

> And if you're not happy, ask for the enquiry to be escalated.

i know right? but i feel like i bought a pirate game since i don't have the same rights as everyone else, why i should spend more money on the game after that?

> @"SeikeNz.3526" said:

> > @"EmmetOtter.8542" said:

> > Contact customer support.

> > https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us

> >

> > Posting here might get you an answer but won't get you a refund.

>

> i already did it, they said to me that i can't get a refund because i bought it from a retailer, im not even asking for cash, its just the gems like everyone else would get, so i want an appropriate answer, not trying to be toxic.

>

> > @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > customer service is the only ones who can help.

> >

> > But Id imagine there's some odd loophole with you buyin the game from a store.

> >

> > You do know getting a refund permabans your account tho?

>

> i bought both hot and pof, since they turned hot free for who own pof, im talking about the news:

>

> "Players Who Purchased Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns in the Last 60 Days

> Players who bought Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns through the Black Lion Trading Post or our official website between July 31 and August 30, 2019, can request a refund in either cash or the equivalent value of gems. Players who purchased Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns through the Black Lion Trading Post or our official website between July 1, 2019, and July 30, 2019, can request gem compensation."

Did you buy it off the arenanet site? because thats what it says.

> @"SeikeNz.3526" said:

> > @"Algreg.3629" said:

> > easy to explain and understand: your contractual partner is not anet, but the retailer.

> well not really, im playing on anet servers not retailers servers, i bought the game from a retailer but the money was send to anet in a way or another, i just bought it from the retailer because i don't have a international card, if i bought it from gold in game i could have get a refund, that's does not make sense

Because your purchasing contract for the game is not with ANet, it's with the third party retailer.

Honestly, I would go to the third party retailer you purchased it from and explain the situation and see what they would be willing to do.

> @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > > @"Algreg.3629" said:

> > > easy to explain and understand: your contractual partner is not anet, but the retailer.

> > well not really, im playing on anet servers not retailers servers, i bought the game from a retailer but the money was send to anet in a way or another, i just bought it from the retailer because i don't have a international card, if i bought it from gold in game i could have get a refund, that's does not make sense

>

> You can't buy the expansions through gold. FYI.

>

> Or can you now? I didn't think one could. seems like alot of gold 0.o

can't you exchange gold for gems? then you can upgrade your account, maybe i'm wrong? even so that's not the case here, did i bought a pirate key that i can't get gem refund? i know asking for cash is another case, but gem compesations i think that's ok

> @"SeikeNz.3526" said:

> > @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > > @"SeikeNz.3526" said:

> > > > @"Algreg.3629" said:

> > > > easy to explain and understand: your contractual partner is not anet, but the retailer.

> > > well not really, im playing on anet servers not retailers servers, i bought the game from a retailer but the money was send to anet in a way or another, i just bought it from the retailer because i don't have a international card, if i bought it from gold in game i could have get a refund, that's does not make sense

> >

> > You can't buy the expansions through gold. FYI.

> >

> > Or can you now? I didn't think one could. seems like alot of gold 0.o

>

> can't you exchange gold for gems? then you can upgrade your account, maybe i'm wrong? even so that's not the case here, did i bought a pirate key that i can't get gem refund? i know asking for cash is another case, but gem compesations i think that's ok

Again and for the last time..contact Anet support...or as others have said, the store you bought from.

No one here can give you the refund and Anet idn't going to respond to you here.

> @"SeikeNz.3526" said:

> > @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > > > @"EmmetOtter.8542" said:

> > > > Contact customer support.

> > > > https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us

> > > >

> > > > Posting here might get you an answer but won't get you a refund.

> > >

> > > i already did it, they said to me that i can't get a refund because i bought it from a retailer, im not even asking for cash, its just the gems like everyone else would get, so i want an appropriate answer, not trying to be toxic.

> > >

> > > > @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > > > customer service is the only ones who can help.

> > > >

> > > > But Id imagine there's some odd loophole with you buyin the game from a store.

> > > >

> > > > You do know getting a refund permabans your account tho?

> > >

> > > i bought both hot and pof, since they turned hot free for who own pof, im talking about the news:

> > >

> > > "Players Who Purchased Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns in the Last 60 Days

> > > Players who bought Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns through the Black Lion Trading Post or our official website between July 31 and August 30, 2019, can request a refund in either cash or the equivalent value of gems. Players who purchased Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns through the Black Lion Trading Post or our official website between July 1, 2019, and July 30, 2019, can request gem compensation."

> >

> > Unfortunately, I don't think that works for you, because you didn't buy from Anet.

> >

> > But again, customer service if where to go.

> > And if you're not happy, ask for the enquiry to be escalated.

>

> i know right? but i feel like i bought a pirate game since i don't have the same rights as everyone else, why i should spend more money on the game after that?

Because you did not buy from ANet. ANet did not get any of your money.

If you buy a product from person X who in turn bought it from person Y, you should not expect to get a refund from person Y while person X keeps your money.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > > > @"SeikeNz.3526" said:

> > > > > @"EmmetOtter.8542" said:

> > > > > Contact customer support.

> > > > > https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us

> > > > >

> > > > > Posting here might get you an answer but won't get you a refund.

> > > >

> > > > i already did it, they said to me that i can't get a refund because i bought it from a retailer, im not even asking for cash, its just the gems like everyone else would get, so i want an appropriate answer, not trying to be toxic.

> > > >

> > > > > @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > > > > customer service is the only ones who can help.

> > > > >

> > > > > But Id imagine there's some odd loophole with you buyin the game from a store.

> > > > >

> > > > > You do know getting a refund permabans your account tho?

> > > >

> > > > i bought both hot and pof, since they turned hot free for who own pof, im talking about the news:

> > > >

> > > > "Players Who Purchased Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns in the Last 60 Days

> > > > Players who bought Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns through the Black Lion Trading Post or our official website between July 31 and August 30, 2019, can request a refund in either cash or the equivalent value of gems. Players who purchased Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns through the Black Lion Trading Post or our official website between July 1, 2019, and July 30, 2019, can request gem compensation."

> > >

> > > Unfortunately, I don't think that works for you, because you didn't buy from Anet.

> > >

> > > But again, customer service if where to go.

> > > And if you're not happy, ask for the enquiry to be escalated.

> >

> > i know right? but i feel like i bought a pirate game since i don't have the same rights as everyone else, why i should spend more money on the game after that?

>

> Because you did not buy from ANet. ANet did not get any of your money.

>

> If you buy a product from person X who in turn bought it from person Y, you should not expect to get a refund from person Y while person X keeps your money.

anet have retailers so they can sell for other's countries/peoples without internatinal card, it's anet servers, yes they get the money because the retailers bought from then so they can sell to us, you sound like im playing for free just because i bought from a retailer

> @"SeikeNz.3526" said:

> > @"Algreg.3629" said:

> > easy to explain and understand: your contractual partner is not anet, but the retailer.

> well not really, im playing on anet servers not retailers servers, i bought the game from a retailer but the money was send to anet in a way or another, i just bought it from the retailer because i don't have a international card, if i bought it from gold in game i could have get a refund, that's does not make sense

You bought it from a retailer, who bought it from Anet.

Since it was retailer who originally bought the game and paid Anet money, Anet could only refund it to them, because anet has no legal bounds with you.

Refund means, a product being given back as well as the money paid for the product.

You would have to speak with a retailer if you want a refund, not with anet.

> @"SeikeNz.3526" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > > > > @"SeikeNz.3526" said:

> > > > > > @"EmmetOtter.8542" said:

> > > > > > Contact customer support.

> > > > > > https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Posting here might get you an answer but won't get you a refund.

> > > > >

> > > > > i already did it, they said to me that i can't get a refund because i bought it from a retailer, im not even asking for cash, its just the gems like everyone else would get, so i want an appropriate answer, not trying to be toxic.

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > > > > > customer service is the only ones who can help.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But Id imagine there's some odd loophole with you buyin the game from a store.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You do know getting a refund permabans your account tho?

> > > > >

> > > > > i bought both hot and pof, since they turned hot free for who own pof, im talking about the news:

> > > > >

> > > > > "Players Who Purchased Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns in the Last 60 Days

> > > > > Players who bought Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns through the Black Lion Trading Post or our official website between July 31 and August 30, 2019, can request a refund in either cash or the equivalent value of gems. Players who purchased Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns through the Black Lion Trading Post or our official website between July 1, 2019, and July 30, 2019, can request gem compensation."

> > > >

> > > > Unfortunately, I don't think that works for you, because you didn't buy from Anet.

> > > >

> > > > But again, customer service if where to go.

> > > > And if you're not happy, ask for the enquiry to be escalated.

> > >

> > > i know right? but i feel like i bought a pirate game since i don't have the same rights as everyone else, why i should spend more money on the game after that?

> >

> > Because you did not buy from ANet. ANet did not get any of your money.

> >

> > If you buy a product from person X who in turn bought it from person Y, you should not expect to get a refund from person Y while person X keeps your money.

>

> anet have retailers so they can sell for other's countries/peoples without internatinal card, it's anet servers, yes they get the money because the retailers bought from then so they can sell to us, you sound like im playing for free just because i bought from a retailer

I said nothing about you playing for free. I specifically used the term, "bought," which means paid for.

But you are arguing for the third party retailer, who got all of your money, to keep that money. You bought from them. They have your money, not ANet.

Yes that retailer bought the game key from ANet, which means, by definition, that it no longer belonged to ANet. The retailer also paid ANet a fraction of what you paid the retailer.

> @"KelyNeli.4516" said:

> > > @"Algreg.3629" said:

> > > easy to explain and understand: your contractual partner is not anet, but the retailer.

> > well not really, im playing on anet servers not retailers servers, i bought the game from a retailer but the money was send to anet in a way or another, i just bought it from the retailer because i don't have a international card, if i bought it from gold in game i could have get a refund, that's does not make sense

>

> You bought it from a retailer, who bought it from Anet.

> Since it was retailer who originally bought the game and paid Anet money, Anet could only refund it to them, because anet has no legal bounds with you.

> Refund means, a product being given back as well as the money paid for the product.

> You would have to speak with a retailer if you want a refund, not with anet.

the problem is, the servers belong to anet, that's a online game, so i have to pay to enter on anet servers, so even if i bought from a retailer, the game belongs to anet

> @"SeikeNz.3526" said:

> > @"KelyNeli.4516" said:

> > > > easy to explain and understand: your contractual partner is not anet, but the retailer.

> > > well not really, im playing on anet servers not retailers servers, i bought the game from a retailer but the money was send to anet in a way or another, i just bought it from the retailer because i don't have a international card, if i bought it from gold in game i could have get a refund, that's does not make sense

> >

> > You bought it from a retailer, who bought it from Anet.

> > Since it was retailer who originally bought the game and paid Anet money, Anet could only refund it to them, because anet has no legal bounds with you.

> > Refund means, a product being given back as well as the money paid for the product.

> > You would have to speak with a retailer if you want a refund, not with anet.

>

> the problem is, the servers belong to anet, that's a online game, so i have to pay to enter on anet servers, so even if i bought from a retailer, the game belongs to anet

You paid for an access to the product, not for a place or bandwith on the Anet servers.

They could close the servers even tommorow afternoon and you have nothing to say in this matter, read the terms of service.

> @"KelyNeli.4516" said:

> > > @"KelyNeli.4516" said:

> > > > @"SeikeNz.3526" said:

> > > > > @"Algreg.3629" said:

> > > > > easy to explain and understand: your contractual partner is not anet, but the retailer.

> > > > well not really, im playing on anet servers not retailers servers, i bought the game from a retailer but the money was send to anet in a way or another, i just bought it from the retailer because i don't have a international card, if i bought it from gold in game i could have get a refund, that's does not make sense

> > >

> > > You bought it from a retailer, who bought it from Anet.

> > > Since it was retailer who originally bought the game and paid Anet money, Anet could only refund it to them, because anet has no legal bounds with you.

> > > Refund means, a product being given back as well as the money paid for the product.

> > > You would have to speak with a retailer if you want a refund, not with anet.

> >

> > the problem is, the servers belong to anet, that's a online game, so i have to pay to enter on anet servers, so even if i bought from a retailer, the game belongs to anet

>

> You paid for an access to the product, not for a place or bandwith on the Anet servers.

> They could close the servers even tommorow afternoon and you have nothing to say in this matter, read the terms of service.

that's the point, i paid to access anet servers and play the game that belong to anet, not the retailers, the retailers only sell for anet, that's not a offline game

let's see if i buy gems from a retailer who will give me the gems anet or the retailer? ANET

> @"SeikeNz.3526" said:

> > @"Algreg.3629" said:

It's not possible to acquire a game/expansion in-game with Gold/Gold-to-Gems.

Just like anywhere/anything else, you can only be compensated by the entity with which you had a transaction.

> @"SeikeNz.3526" said:

> > @"KelyNeli.4516" said:

> >

> > You bought it from a retailer, who bought it from Anet.

> > Since it was retailer who originally bought the game and paid Anet money, Anet could only refund it to them, because anet has no legal bounds with you.

> > Refund means, a product being given back as well as the money paid for the product.

> > You would have to speak with a retailer if you want a refund, not with anet.

>

> the problem is, the servers belong to anet, that's a online game, so i have to pay to enter on anet servers, so even if i bought from a retailer, the game belongs to anet

Yes, the server is ANet's. No one's saying that you're playing on the retailer's server.

But that's not who you bought the serial code from. You bought it from the third party retailer.

It's like food from a grocery store. Let's say you bought a damaged box of Kraft Mac & Cheese. You wouldn't go to Kraft to get a refund or exchange right? You'd go to your grocery store to do so. Yes, it's Kraft's product, but you didn't buy it directly from them.

Same principle here. Since you bought the game from the third party retailer and not from ANet directly, you have to go through the third party retailer for any refunds or exchanges.