Why it is so hard to sell to Trading Post?

For example I did one full meta run +some farm for a few hourse in Auric Basin. So I got many items.

I'm not selling all, I have problems most with rare items. From last run I got like 40 rare items. So I'm selling like 5-10 items and then I'm starting to get annoying "You have placed too many sell orders" Error.

It's annoying like hell. Did I miss something?

Like I must to wait between selling, if you thik about it, just imagine how many hourse you are spending while waiting when error dissapier?

If you play 24/7 it's ok but otherwise is it ok?

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> Can't recall ever getting that message and I sell pretty much everything I break down as I have most if not all things maxed in storage and overflows of other stuff on alts.. I'm going to try and force that message now just out of curiosity :)

If you're not seeing a time out and want to for the sake of an experiment, try selling stuff at the bid price.

If the spread between the bid (what buyers are willing to pay) and the ask (what sellers want) is more than 10 copper or so, I start from the ask and adjust my price down a bit. Taking the few seconds to adjust the price before each transaction means I don't encounter the sales spam time-out. If the random ordering of stuff I'm selling ends up with several items in a row where I sell at the bid price, I get the time-out.

> @"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

> > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > Can't recall ever getting that message and I sell pretty much everything I break down as I have most if not all things maxed in storage and overflows of other stuff on alts.. I'm going to try and force that message now just out of curiosity :)

>

> If you're not seeing a time out and want to for the sake of an experiment, try selling stuff at the bid price.

>

> If the spread between the bid (what buyers are willing to pay) and the ask (what sellers want) is more than 10 copper or so, I start from the ask and adjust my price down a bit. Taking the few seconds to adjust the price before each transaction means I don't encounter the sales spam time-out. If the random ordering of stuff I'm selling ends up with several items in a row where I sell at the bid price, I get the time-out.

Most of what I sell is at bid price as long as that bid price is above vendor trash price.

Granted some things I will post at prices above bidding, but even today I put about 20 items on in the space of about 3mins or so and couldn't get a message pop - I will try a larger qty of items later and see if it will pop then.. but honestly in 7 yrs I can't recall ever seeing it. Perhaps I am either too slow at posting or it needs to be much large numbers of posts in a shorter space of time, which would account for anti-bot measures.. and that's a good thing imo.

Then again with the TP being so slow to post stuff these days, I am not all that surprised I fail to get messages :)

> @"ruikarikun.9402" said:

> For example I did one full meta run +some farm for a few hourse in Auric Basin. So I got many items.

> I'm not selling all, I have problems most with rare items. From last run I got like 40 rare items. So I'm selling like 5-10 items and then I'm starting to get annoying "You have placed too many sell orders" Error.

> It's annoying like hell. Did I miss something?

> Like I must to wait between selling, if you thik about it, just imagine how many hourse you are spending while waiting when error dissapier?

> If you play 24/7 it's ok but otherwise is it ok?

It used to be MUCH worse. Since they tweaked how often it came up I have not encountered it once. If it is a problem for you that might be a sign that you are farming too much.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> Can't recall ever getting that message and I sell pretty much everything I break down as I have most if not all things maxed in storage and overflows of other stuff on alts.. I'm going to try and force that message now just out of curiosity :)

Simply open all green bags in your inventory, then choose to sell them all in one go. Impossible. You will get blocked by the game in no time.

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> Dont kno why u cant choose multiple items than just sell it all at once, is it that complicated of a mechanic to implement?

Considering all the data it does pull in to show you, I can get why it wouldn't be that straight forward. Now mabye an options to give you just the highest buy and lowest sale might work without data points outside of that.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > Can't recall ever getting that message and I sell pretty much everything I break down as I have most if not all things maxed in storage and overflows of other stuff on alts.. I'm going to try and force that message now just out of curiosity :)

>

> Simply open all green bags in your inventory, then choose to sell them all in one go. Impossible. You will get blocked by the game in no time.

Toi be honest I already do that.. except I salvage the garbage greens and blues down first.. one of my pet hates of having this Russian doll loot system if I'm brutally honest, open chests to get more chests/bags to open garbage to salvage...