Would you pay for a small Wintersday & Halloween expansion?

Honestly they put the events into the game not only for us to enjoy but also since they are recycled every year with very few new things added then gives them time to actually enjoy the holiday with their own families. Let them take the time to enjoy things in real life with their own families during the holidays!!

> @PyrateSilly.4710 said:

> Honestly they put the events into the game not only for us to enjoy but also since they are recycled every year with very few new things added then gives them time to actually enjoy the holiday with their own families. Let them take the time to enjoy things in real life with their own families during the holidays!!

So you think that holiday content can only be made during the holidays...?

Throwing money at a problem, perceived or actual, doesn't necessarily solve the problem. Only so much can be accomplished given that there are only so many hours in a given day.

"Hire more people" I hear you say. Couple of things here:

1) They may already have funds with which to hire more people, but have not found candidates they feel are qualified.

2) Onboarding takes times.

3) Turn over is as much a thing in this industry as any other.

I'd pay lots more than that. I do it anyway, if I have money - when I'm happy with a release, I but gems, more the happier I am, but within bounds of what money o actually have. I'd be very happy with me holiday content, enough so to buy gems AND pay for the content itself

I'm not the type to buy candy during Halloween for my self or buy my self gifts for Christmas besides they sell mini and outfits during holidays to help support the game holiday events.

Edit: This is pretty much how loot boxes got started by people asking to pay for things they before got for free.

I'd like them to put the removed content back in (mini games, rewards, etc), and fix some of the other events back in as regular recurrences (Dragon Bash, Queen's Gauntlet, Bazaar of the Four Winds), but am otherwise fine with the idea of the events being the same each year.

They are annual holidays that give us something to do without putting additional strain on their development team. With that being their goal, keeping them simple is the obvious way to make them achieve it.

> @Shirlias.8104 said:

> the 4th options would have been "seriourly are you gonna pay for seasonal extra content?"

>

> Btw, more than 1/4 agrees to pay for extra content... Yuk...

I am shocked and appalled.

Appalled at people willing to pay for stuff we used to have normally.

Shocked at myself because I expected anything less from the community.

There's no way we should have to pay for holiday content. If they can put out free LS updates every couple of months, then adding some small stuff to the holiday content should be feasible and free as well. I'm fine paying for expansions, but this is still an MMO with continual free content updates, and holiday content should fall into that category and not basically paid DLC, which is essentially what a "mini-expansion" would be.

> @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > @Shirlias.8104 said:

> > the 4th options would have been "seriourly are you gonna pay for seasonal extra content?"

> >

> > Btw, more than 1/4 agrees to pay for extra content... Yuk...

>

> I am shocked and appalled.

>

> Appalled at people willing to pay for stuff we used to have normally.

>

> Shocked at myself because I expected anything less from the community.

Eh...

... though i understand what could be their way of thinking:

Since the game is only 30$ every 2 years, the i could probably pay some real cash for extra content.

But what they probably don't get is that paying for extra content would put gw2 to other games level.

We can also see what's the current situation:

1. new expansion done in few weeks ( beware normal casual players, i am talking about some players who have way more time than you! ).

2. no real "endgame", whatever this should mean, and not that good rewards ( many are back to HoT maps or SW ).

3. Seasonal events tends to be the same from years, and if they add something new it could probably brind to infinite senseless farm ( remember the old winter event and the 10 drinks, yeah? ).

4. Waiting for the new ls episode ( every 3 months i guess ), could be let's say boring.

So i understand that probably there's not much to do, but still why in the world should you ask to pay for more content?

Change game instead ( there are plenty, and plenty you could have missed through the years ).

This though i know for sure there won't be any p2extracontent.

> @Seriously.7953 said:

> Nothing huge, maybe $4.99 or $9.99 if they added more to Wintersday and halloween. For example, added new areas, maybe enhance or add new JP's, new items etc. It seems these areas are getting neglected yet there are still many people participating in them.

MO logout.