Mastery to regain use of mounts in the cold

Matt H.6142

Mounts have certainly changed the way we take in content, and maybe not always for the better.

In the new region, to feel the threat of the cold, perhaps we should train a new mastery to regain use of mounts. Where the icebrood kodan become a threat again with their whirlwind attacks, and foes popping out of ice blocks add to our perils.

The flavor of it would be we are training up their cold resistance, and perhaps this should be tiered as we get closer to Jormag, and the temperature keeps dropping. They are from the desert after all.

In this way, after a time, people can use their mounts again and use them as they wish, but are richer for the experiences.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Matt H.6142" said:

> Mounts have certainly changed the way we take in content, and maybe not always for the better.

> In the new region, to feel the threat of the cold, perhaps we should train a new mastery to regain use of mounts. Where the icebrood kodan become a threat again with their whirlwind attacks, and foes popping out of ice blocks add to our perils.

> The flavor of it would be we are training up their cold resistance, and perhaps this should be tiered as we get closer to Jormag, and the temperature keeps dropping. They are from the desert after all.

> In this way, after a time, people can use their mounts again and use them as they wish, but are richer for the experiences.

So basically, we have to earn what we already earned just to play in specific zones of the world we may not even return to after the mission? I think I'd prefer something actually good for masteries.

> @"ScyeRynn.4218" said:

> So basically, we have to earn what we already earned just to play in specific zones of the world we may not even return to after the mission? I think I'd prefer something actually good for masteries.

Weren’t much for God of War series then? Maybe we just get a case of amnesia eh?

> @"Matt H.6142" said:

> Mounts have certainly changed the way we take in content, and maybe not always for the better.

> In the new region, to feel the threat of the cold, perhaps we should train a new mastery to regain use of mounts. Where the icebrood kodan become a threat again with their whirlwind attacks, and foes popping out of ice blocks add to our perils.

> The flavor of it would be we are training up their cold resistance, and perhaps this should be tiered as we get closer to Jormag, and the temperature keeps dropping. They are from the desert after all.

> In this way, after a time, people can use their mounts again and use them as they wish, but are richer for the experiences.

why do that. Thats waste and grind. Why grind to have access to something we already unlocked? I cant cosign this

> @"ScyeRynn.4218" said:

> > @"Matt H.6142" said:

> > Mounts have certainly changed the way we take in content, and maybe not always for the better.

> > In the new region, to feel the threat of the cold, perhaps we should train a new mastery to regain use of mounts. Where the icebrood kodan become a threat again with their whirlwind attacks, and foes popping out of ice blocks add to our perils.

> > The flavor of it would be we are training up their cold resistance, and perhaps this should be tiered as we get closer to Jormag, and the temperature keeps dropping. They are from the desert after all.

> > In this way, after a time, people can use their mounts again and use them as they wish, but are richer for the experiences.

>

> So basically, we have to earn what we already earned just to play in specific zones of the world we may not even return to after the mission? I think I'd prefer something actually good for masteries.

I would like Mastery to unlock some new CORE WEAPONS. LAND VERSIONS OF SEA WEAPONS

> @"DoRi Silvia.4159" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > We can't use our Mounts in the new region? Do you know something others do not?

>

> I'm pretty sure the OP is implying that anet should make us walk on foot for a while on the new maps until we learn a new mastery which will let us use our mounts in the cold, as an idea

Ahh...well, thankfully, ArenaNet has already decided on the new Masteries.

I guess I get to be the one to point out that we have some mount skins already dressed for cold weather, and even some ice elemental looking skins for a few.

Making us need to train our cold-specialized mounts in being cold would be... odd. Also, now they can put the missing cold skins in the gem store.

(But first, I expect some charr themed mount skins. And an outfit.)

> @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > @"Matt H.6142" said:

> > Mounts have certainly changed the way we take in content, and maybe not always for the better.

> > In the new region, to feel the threat of the cold, perhaps we should train a new mastery to regain use of mounts. Where the icebrood kodan become a threat again with their whirlwind attacks, and foes popping out of ice blocks add to our perils.

> > The flavor of it would be we are training up their cold resistance, and perhaps this should be tiered as we get closer to Jormag, and the temperature keeps dropping. They are from the desert after all.

> > In this way, after a time, people can use their mounts again and use them as they wish, but are richer for the experiences.

>

> why do that. Thats waste and grind. Why grind to have access to something we already unlocked? I cant cosign this

Well gotta grind to use mount in wvw even you unlocked a mount.

> @"Matt H.6142" said:

That would make for a very empty zon, I would not enter the zon, specially after all the "crap" unlocking the Skyscale.

> @"Matt H.6142" said:

You are welcome to walk around all you want. But I already earned the mount mastery and will use them as I want.

> @"ScyeRynn.4218" said:

> > @"Matt H.6142" said:

>

It wouldn’t be the first time it happened: reference guild buffs with the introduction of guild halls and HoT.

> @"Palador.2170" said:

> > @"Hybarf Tics.2048" said:

> > The Far North will be even colder. i never thought of this before but what about a new kind of mount that can resist the cold and warmer armors for us to avoid certain death. B)

> > https://www.starwars.com/databank/tauntaun

>

> No thanks. I hear they smell awful.

Even worse on the inside.