What incentive would you like to play wvw more?

Sovereign.1093

The thread poses a very open-ended question Sov :p .

**On a global level** I would like ArenaNet to see more of the potential in the mode and care about it. It feels like too large a portion of the remaining employees simply do not have the disposition. There seem to be too few people with the necessary qualifications and too few with the interest or inclination (praise to Ben and Ray). That seems to be the larger conflict within ArenaNet at the moment. It feels like they have lost interest in MMO and this mode is an important component for the game to be an MMO.

As always, we one the outside can only presume and speculate when it comes to the internal workings of ArenaNet but it really feels like the game has lacked systemic vision since [Flannum ](

"Flannum ") and one other guy in the original gameplay design group (whose name now just escaped my mind, not Carver or Gertz*) left for Amazon (before Johansson did). My impression was always that Johansson had more to do with the PvE side of gameplay and vision so the direction taking such a turn before he left wasn't very surprising as he was the last of the systems design troika to leave.

**On a high level** I would like to see population balance adressed. Preferrably akin to what is described in my signature. I still believe that is the best way to solve the problems with the smallest possible means (and required technologies). We also have the alliance system here which can work in tandem with the other stuff. This also includes looking at ways to throw away the queue system. Here we could also stick larger systemic balance overhauls (reducing effect spam that strains the server, visual clutter etc.).

**Sidenote:** One modality that could move back up to a global level and actually develop the design of the mode (rather than just fixing what should always have been mended; ie., something more ambitious than the 2014 plans) would include things such as letting a megaserver mapping lead to more of a guild-level objective control system (ie., Guild Halls in WvW). Megaserver mapping could make that possible, however it would be mode-changing and not necessary in the greater scheme of things. Just something possible under such a system.

**On a moderately high level** I would like to see them finish related systems, things like how success is defined and rewarded along with more creative incentives (guild stuff, group stuff, objectives etc.). This includes more map variety (with maps that are similar to existing design in EBG but slightly different and have different textures) and maps along with smaller enclosed systems for GvG, a lobby for cross-server communication, etc.

**On a moderately local level** I would like to see them pursue better splitting and fine-tuning of the balance. I believe it rests upon reworking things on a systemic level again and possibly returning to more of the direction that balance had in vanilla overall, possibly splitting for that. Once that is done however - and in line with the global stuff - they need to keep better track of balance details in the future so things don't transpire for 2 years or more.

**On a local level** I would like to see a larger catalogue developed in general. The details of rewards, introduction of more legendaries and other items purchasable for more of the WvW currencies (legendary spikes, badges etc.) and I would actually like to see them develop their monetization model for WvW, since if they can fix the broken stuff and regain the trust of their playerbase here I'm sure all of us would like to help out in seeing to that the developers get paid. So (if the fix the mode) I would welcome future ways at looking at better, more guild-centric, gemstore stuff for WvW. Guild skins (think: rucksacks), siege skins, objective skins, player skins, item skins, etc. There is a rather large untapped potential here.

_*) Ed. I think it might have been Corpening in mind, though a programmer before director, whether he still works at Anet or not I am unsure. Ed2., actually it was Peters who often early spoke on the combat systsems design. They have the same first name._

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What incentive would you like to play wvw more?

No incentive. WvW is beyond broken.

--In other word; instead of wasting time, effort and our energy discussing what our best interests for a 8 years dead rooted game would be...instead, let's discuss incentive for A New Balance Team to revive the game --

(To be honest, all this creative healthy constructive discussion to better the game by many had already been discussed years ago and 8 years later, what has come about it?)

Nothing, Absolutely Nothing!!

All for nothing,

All in vain

--The only solution remaining is to tear WvW and Pvp down, its root core and to remake it with a new balance team--

> @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> What incentive would you like to play wvw more?

>

> No incentive. WvW is beyond broken.

>

> --In other word; instead of wasting time, effort and our energy discussing what our best interests for a 8 years dead rooted game would be...instead, let's discuss incentive for A New Balance Team to revive the game --

>

> (To be honest, all this creative healthy constructive discussion to better the game by many had already been discussed years ago and 8 years later, what has come about it?)

>

> Nothing, Absolutely Nothing!!

>

> All for nothing,

>

> All in vain

>

> --The only solution remaining is to tear WvW and Pvp down, its root core and to remake it with a new balance team--

>

>

>

hehe this isn't that kind of thread. :) you got to have a positive action they can try and do to make it worth playing :)> @"subversiontwo.7501" said:

> The thread poses a very open-ended question Sov :p .

>

> **On a global level** I would like ArenaNet to see more of the potential in the mode and care about it. It feels like too large a portion of the remaining employees simply do not have the disposition. There seem to be too few people with the necessary qualifications and too few with the interest or inclination (praise to Ben and Ray). That seems to be the larger conflict within ArenaNet at the moment. It feels like they have lost interest in MMO and this mode is an important component for the game to be an MMO.

>

> As always, we one the outside can only presume and speculate when it comes to the internal workings of ArenaNet but it really feels like the game has lacked systemic vision since [Flannum ](

"Flannum ") and one other guy in the original gameplay design group (whose name now just escaped my mind, not Carver or Gertz*) left for Amazon (before Johansson did). My impression was always that Johansson had more to do with the PvE side of gameplay and vision so the direction taking such a turn before he left wasn't very surprising as he was the last of the systems design troika to leave.

>

> **On a high level** I would like to see population balance adressed. Preferrably akin to what is described in my signature. I still believe that is the best way to solve the problems with the smallest possible means (and required technologies). We also have the alliance system here which can work in tandem with the other stuff. This also includes looking at ways to throw away the queue system. Here we could also stick larger systemic balance overhauls (reducing effect spam that strains the server, visual clutter etc.).

>

> **Sidenote:** One modality that could move back up to a global level and actually develop the design of the mode (rather than just fixing what should always have been mended; ie., something more ambitious than the 2014 plans) would include things such as letting a megaserver mapping lead to more of a guild-level objective control system (ie., Guild Halls in WvW). Megaserver mapping could make that possible, however it would be mode-changing and not necessary in the greater scheme of things. Just something possible under such a system.

>

> **On a moderately high level** I would like to see them finish related systems, things like how success is defined and rewarded along with more creative incentives (guild stuff, group stuff, objectives etc.). This includes more map variety (with maps that are similar to existing design in EBG but slightly different and have different textures) and maps along with smaller enclosed systems for GvG, a lobby for cross-server communication, etc.

>

> **On a moderately local level** I would like to see them pursue better splitting and fine-tuning of the balance. I believe it rests upon reworking things on a systemic level again and possibly returning to more of the direction that balance had in vanilla overall, possibly splitting for that. Once that is done however - and in line with the global stuff - they need to keep better track of balance details in the future so things don't transpire for 2 years or more.

>

> **On a local level** I would like to see a larger catalogue developed in general. The details of rewards, introduction of more legendaries and other items purchasable for more of the WvW currencies (legendary spikes, badges etc.) and I would actually like to see them develop their monetization model for WvW, since if they can fix the broken stuff and regain the trust of their playerbase here I'm sure all of us would like to help out in seeing to that the developers get paid. So (if the fix the mode) I would welcome future ways at looking at better, more guild-centric, gemstore stuff for WvW. Guild skins (think: rucksacks), siege skins, objective skins, player skins, item skins, etc. There is a rather large untapped potential here.

>

> _*) Ed. I think it might have been Corpening in mind, though a programmer before director, whether he still works at Anet or not I am unsure. Ed2., actually it was Peters who often early spoke on the combat systsems design. They have the same first name._

hehe yes, i wanted it to be open ended so i don't lead people into typing what i want, instead they can write the what and how. :) i'm curious to see what people want and if anet is paying attention to what we want in that demand and supply - economic concept. thanks for posting your reply

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> for the mount to have 1k health.

>

> so I'd be the more "attacking" option I guess.

>

>

Put the mount to 1hp, remove all its skills

It made roaming even more obsolete

Almost impossible to get ppl off the mount, less fights

The instantstomp is just unfun in smallscale, either keep the normal downstate or remove it entirely

Im sick of almost getting away from a heavily outnumbered fight, just to have slow zerg builds get out of combat, mount up and appearing next to me, because their pewpew ranger friends kept me infight.

> @"derd.6413" said:

> maybe something to encourage zergvzerg fights

what would make you fight in a zerg v zerg? :3 i like those too <3> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > for the mount to have 1k health.

> >

> > so I'd be the more "attacking" option I guess.

> >

> >

>

> Put the mount to 1hp, remove all its skills

> It made roaming even more obsolete

>

> Almost impossible to get ppl off the mount, less fights

>

> The instantstomp is just unfun in smallscale, either keep the normal downstate or remove it entirely

>

> Im sick of almost getting away from a heavily outnumbered fight, just to have slow zerg builds get out of combat, mount up and appearing next to me, because their pewpew ranger friends kept me infight.

i love the warclaw >3< but there must be a way to unmount them easy or atleast the effects of skills should affect them. they immune to ccs

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > maybe something to encourage zergvzerg fights

>

> what would make you fight in a zerg v zerg? :3 i like those too <3> @"RedShark.9548" said:

idk, i don't command squads and you can't fight in a zergvzerg if ther isn't a zergvzerg