[FIXED] Can't log in to the forum on my computer

ROMANG.1903

I have to write this from my phone. My computer simply won't load the login page. The rest of the forum works properly, but when I clic on any "sign in" button, I get a white page. It started suddenly a few days ago. What can I do?

**[FIXED]** The chrome addon "I don't care about cookies" which is supposed to automatically accept cookies on every website was apparently interfering with the login page. It's still weird that I've had it all this time and it only just started to interfere recently, but disabling it solved the issue right away. Thanks a lot to everyone who took time to answer!

That sounds like your browser is ignoring/blocking the redirect responses that sends you over to account.arena.net.

It might also be that the maximum redirect limit is set very low(2 is used here) but the default on most browsers shouldn't be an issue. At least on Firefox a "The page isn’t redirecting properly" message gets displayed instead of just a blank screen.

Another possibility is that your browser/computer is set to block access to https://account.arena.net . This is the easiest to check since you can just try going to that address.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> That sounds like your browser is ignoring/blocking the redirect responses that sends you over to account.arena.net.

>

> It might also be that the maximum redirect limit is set very low(2 is used here) but the default on most browsers shouldn't be an issue. At least on Firefox a "The page isn’t redirecting properly" message gets displayed instead of just a blank screen.

>

> Another possibility is that your browser/computer is set to block access to https://account.arena.net . This is the easiest to check since you can just try going to that address.

Would that mean that if I went to the address directly, it should work? Because it doesn't either :/

I don't know what could've caused my computer to block it, I didn't touch any parameter...

> @"ROMANG.1903" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > That sounds like your browser is ignoring/blocking the redirect responses that sends you over to account.arena.net.

> >

> > It might also be that the maximum redirect limit is set very low(2 is used here) but the default on most browsers shouldn't be an issue. At least on Firefox a "The page isn’t redirecting properly" message gets displayed instead of just a blank screen.

> >

> > Another possibility is that your browser/computer is set to block access to https://account.arena.net . This is the easiest to check since you can just try going to that address.

>

> Would that mean that if I went to the address directly, it should work? Because it doesn't either :/

> I don't know what could've caused my computer to block it, I didn't touch any parameter...

Yes. If you go there directly it should work. It is where you would go if you want to setup/change stuff like 2 factor authentication and managing API keys or adding.

As for what might have changed. Which browser are you using? Also addons. For example things that perform ad blocking or privacy stuff(for example disabling social media sharing/tracking type stuff) will usually autoupdate their list of rules on how to perform blocking. One of the rules might be blocking that address for whatever reason. Alternatively one or more of the IPs it resolves to might be blocked possibly because at some point a malicious site was running on one of those addresses(the site runs on one of Amazon's cloud servers but I don't know if they are using static IPs)

> @"ROMANG.1903" said:

> I have to write this from my phone. My computer simply won't load the login page. The rest of the forum works properly, but when I clic on any "sign in" button, I get a white page. It started suddenly a few days ago. What can I do?

Was just having this issue right now myself. For me it was my uBlock Origin addon. When I disabled that I was able to log in fine. Ill have to figure out which list is causing the block.

Having the same issue when using IE.

Load forums up.. blank, hit refresh the forums will appear.

Click "Sign in with your GW2 Account" - just goes to a blank page and no matter how many refreshes or cache clears it is simply a dead page link.

Had issues previously with 2FA and since that was resolved, this issues has occurred.

Works fine with Edge so I have to reluctantly use it instead, but its not my preferred Browser.

I've had a ticket live for a week now.. nothing. This seems very much like Vanilla messing with things again imo.

Ok on my ipad right now before work. Brave Browser.

Every forum page was coming up blank, not just the login. I played with settings. Turning off “Fingerprinting Protection” brought en-forum.guildwars2.com back to full functionality. Turning it back on gave me blank pages again. Hope that Info somehow helps get This resolved.