WHY THIEFS DONT HAVE INVALID PATH TELEPORT MSG ON PVP?

SeikeNz.3526

In a competitive healthy game would be called an exploit...a hacker. In fact yesterday as i and others were playing a new mmo game; someone mentioned Thief Profession in this game behaving like a hacker,

In other word; Thief Profession actions and behaviors falling in line with exploiting and hacking,

'

The Profession design who already fall in line with hacking and exploit.....give them even portals too?

So now every Thief Profession players can also use portals without feeling bad that hackers can also port too...

seriously, whats next? allow their teleport to go through structures? Oh!! i forgot, they can already do that in Pvp

--have we not notice much increase of reporting of hackers?-

**What A SURPRISE!!**

No other profession in the game gets as many _"No Valid Paths"_ as Thief does. That includes skill that work in similar fashion such as Shadowstep/Merciful Intervention, Infiltrators Arrow/Jaunt, Infiltrators Strike/Polatic Leap, etc. Not even mentioning Steal, that skill does literally whatever the hell it wants. With no other skills on other professions that utilize Shadowstep mechanics or Teleports did I come even remotely close to the number of times Thief ones fail. Infiltrators Arrow just happily failing on even plain ground is a great example of that.

> @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> What specific spots?

>

> I am betting someone no ported you (they moved to a spot you couldn't port to).

PvP is where to go

--by the way, this has been in the game since guild wars 2 beta; if not worse than but still happening and been reported to Anet numerous times in the old forum, nothing changed for the better. So now with Anet giving Thief Profession portals, what do you expect to happen next? Porting other players to these spots.

-Instead of resolving an ongoing problem, give it more fuel....give it more reasons to misbehave. Give it Portals now!-

**Mesmer Profession teleport and portal were nerfed due to hacking activity, except Thief Profession right??**

Only, Thief Profession can get away with everything, anything...freely

--By doing just that and by handing them anything they want, is also giving hackers more reasons to go unnoticed--

So much for intentional right!!

**This is why Thief Profession design would be banned from healthy competitive games**

> @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > What specific spots?

> >

> > I am betting someone no ported you (they moved to a spot you couldn't port to).

>

> PvP is where to go

>

> --by the way, this has been in the game since guild wars 2 beta; if not worse than but still happening and been reported to Anet numerous times in the old forum, nothing changed for the better. So now with Anet giving Thief Profession portals, what do you expect to happen next? Porting other players to these spots.

>

> -Instead of resolving an ongoing problem, give it more fuel....give it more reasons to misbehave. Give it Portals now!-

>

> **Mesmer Profession teleport and portal were nerfed due to hacking activity, except Thief Profession right??**

>

> Only, Thief Profession can get away with everything, anything...freely

>

> --By doing just that and by handing them anything they want, is also giving hackers more reasons to go unnoticed--

>

> So much for intentional right!!

>

> **This is why Thief Profession design would be banned from healthy competitive games**

Take away stealth and teleports from everyone but thief, problem solved.

Oh, man imagine the rage.

> > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > > @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > > What specific spots?

> > >

> > > I am betting someone no ported you (they moved to a spot you couldn't port to).

> >

> > PvP is where to go

> >

> > --by the way, this has been in the game since guild wars 2 beta; if not worse than but still happening and been reported to Anet numerous times in the old forum, nothing changed for the better. So now with Anet giving Thief Profession portals, what do you expect to happen next? Porting other players to these spots.

> >

> > -Instead of resolving an ongoing problem, give it more fuel....give it more reasons to misbehave. Give it Portals now!-

> >

> > **Mesmer Profession teleport and portal were nerfed due to hacking activity, except Thief Profession right??**

> >

> > Only, Thief Profession can get away with everything, anything...freely

> >

> > --By doing just that and by handing them anything they want, is also giving hackers more reasons to go unnoticed--

> >

> > So much for intentional right!!

> >

> > **This is why Thief Profession design would be banned from healthy competitive games**

>

> Take away stealth and teleports from everyone but thief, problem solved.

>

> Oh, man imagine the rage.

Hey all I see here is more class identity which is a good thing right? Lol

> What specific spots?

>

> I am betting someone no ported you (they moved to a spot you couldn't port to).

one of the spots -

below bridge -->> above the bridge

![](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/5/5c/Spirit_watch.jpg "")

no its not shadowstep return it's first cast

now if i want to reach above the bridge i need to walk all the stairs and that will take like 30s to reach him if he was afk and none of his team mates was in the way

![](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:The_Eternal_Coliseum_screenshot_6.jpg "")

ramp wall ->> to middle point

all the maps they do something exploitable

no other class can do that, stealth is a thing but jumping walls is another

also about the steal thing some of them can steal you through the wall

> @"SeikeNz.3526" said:

> > What specific spots?

> >

> > I am betting someone no ported you (they moved to a spot you couldn't port to).

>

> one of the spots -

> below bridge -->> above the bridge

>

> ![](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/5/5c/Spirit_watch.jpg "")

>

> no its not shadowstep return it's first cast

>

> now if i want to reach above the bridge i need to walk all the stairs and that will take like 30s to reach him if he was afk and none of his team mates was in the way

>

> ![](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:The_Eternal_Coliseum_screenshot_6.jpg "")

>

> ramp wall ->> to middle point

> all the maps they do something exploitable

>

> no other class can do that, stealth is a thing but jumping walls is another

>

> also about the steal thing some of them can steal you through the wall

>

>

>

A thief can use shortbow 5 on the underside of the bridge or the side and it will put them as close as it can on the center of the indicator positive vertical.

I,m not sure what skill is failing for you, but I am pretty sure all ground target teleports work this way.

> > @"SeikeNz.3526" said:

> > >

> > > I am betting someone no ported you (they moved to a spot you couldn't port to).

> >

> > one of the spots -

> > below bridge -->> above the bridge

> >

> > ![](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/5/5c/Spirit_watch.jpg "")

> >

> > no its not shadowstep return it's first cast

> >

> > now if i want to reach above the bridge i need to walk all the stairs and that will take like 30s to reach him if he was afk and none of his team mates was in the way

> >

> > ![](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:The_Eternal_Coliseum_screenshot_6.jpg "")

> >

> > ramp wall ->> to middle point

> > all the maps they do something exploitable

> >

> > no other class can do that, stealth is a thing but jumping walls is another

> >

> > also about the steal thing some of them can steal you through the wall

> >

> >

> >

>

> A thief can use shortbow 5 on the underside of the bridge or the side and it will put them as close as it can on the center of the indicator positive vertical.

>

> I,m not sure what skill is failing for you, but I am pretty sure all ground target teleports work this way.

>

>

only thiefs can do that for some reason, also this is complete broken if someone can scape like that

> @"SeikeNz.3526" said:

> > > @"SeikeNz.3526" said:

> > > > @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > > > What specific spots?

> > > >

> > > > I am betting someone no ported you (they moved to a spot you couldn't port to).

> > >

> > > one of the spots -

> > > below bridge -->> above the bridge

> > >

> > > ![](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/5/5c/Spirit_watch.jpg "")

> > >

> > > no its not shadowstep return it's first cast

> > >

> > > now if i want to reach above the bridge i need to walk all the stairs and that will take like 30s to reach him if he was afk and none of his team mates was in the way

> > >

> > > ![](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:The_Eternal_Coliseum_screenshot_6.jpg "")

> > >

> > > ramp wall ->> to middle point

> > > all the maps they do something exploitable

> > >

> > > no other class can do that, stealth is a thing but jumping walls is another

> > >

> > > also about the steal thing some of them can steal you through the wall

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > A thief can use shortbow 5 on the underside of the bridge or the side and it will put them as close as it can on the center of the indicator positive vertical.

> >

> > I,m not sure what skill is failing for you, but I am pretty sure all ground target teleports work this way.

> >

> >

>

> only thiefs can do that for some reason, also this is complete broken if someone can scape like that

I went and tested it in Spirit Watch from lower bridge to upper bridge.

Necromancers can target the underside with Summon Flesh Wurm -> Necrotic Traversal and teleport up the same way.

Mesmers can use blink up from the underside and teleport up way.

Elementalist can use Lightning Flash and teleport up when targeting the underside.

There are atleast 4 classes that can do this now.

I tested "portals", and you need los for the scourge, and thief/mes drop it at their feet and open elsewhere.

So, it's not broken, because muliple classes can do it, but with how thief is designed, they can do it more often.

It is a gift and a curse.

P.S.

If you want to go from the walkway between the bridges to the ledge/view in front of the middle point, you target the forward edges, but not the tip and jumping often makes it work.

> @"SeikeNz.3526" said:

> > What specific spots?

> >

>

> one of the spots -

> below bridge -->> above the bridge

>

> ![](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/5/5c/Spirit_watch.jpg "")

>

> no its not shadowstep return it's first cast

>

> now if i want to reach above the bridge i need to walk all the stairs and that will take like 30s to reach him if he was afk and none of his team mates was in the way

>

> ![](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:The_Eternal_Coliseum_screenshot_6.jpg "")

>

> ramp wall ->> to middle point

> all the maps they do something exploitable

>

> no other class can do that, stealth is a thing but jumping walls is another

>

> also about the steal thing some of them can steal you through the wall

>

>

>

Any class with teleport access can do these skips. I don't understand what is your issue.

That said, Thieves have spamable teleports, so when we get an no valid path error we just need to use the skill again.

Other classes lose the cooldown, sadly.

> @"SoulSin.5682" said:

> > @"SeikeNz.3526" said:

> > >

> >

> > one of the spots -

> > below bridge -->> above the bridge

> >

> > ![](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/5/5c/Spirit_watch.jpg "")

> >

> > no its not shadowstep return it's first cast

> >

> > now if i want to reach above the bridge i need to walk all the stairs and that will take like 30s to reach him if he was afk and none of his team mates was in the way

> >

> > ![](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:The_Eternal_Coliseum_screenshot_6.jpg "")

> >

> > ramp wall ->> to middle point

> > all the maps they do something exploitable

> >

> > no other class can do that, stealth is a thing but jumping walls is another

> >

> > also about the steal thing some of them can steal you through the wall

> >

> >

> >

>

> Any class with teleport access can do these skips. I don't understand what is your issue.

>

> That said, Thieves have spamable teleports, so when we get an no valid path error we just need to use the skill again.

> Other classes lose the cooldown, sadly.

Not actually true. A long time ago (this balance patch actually https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2015-03-16) most targeted teleport skills were given the treatment of "This skill will no longer activate if a valid path to the target cannot be found, except when acting as a stun break." This means if you attempt to use a port skill to a no port location, it will fail but will not go on cooldown/consume initiative unless the skill is also a stun break and you are stunned in which case port will fail but you will be stun broken. One port that this patch did not affect was shadow shot probably due to how it needs to hit an enemy with a projectile before confirming the path, however infiltrator's arrow was included which is kinda weird but makes it not surprising if that skill sometimes consumes initiative on failed ports. This patch was actually a few months before HoT and many of the new ports added since then did not receive this treatment. All 4 revenant ports consistently go on full cool down and consume energy when failing on no valid path attempts (though frigid blitz acts approximately the same as shadow shot so that one isn't surprising), weaver's polaric leap, soulbeast's smoke assault, and mirage's illusionary ambush also all go on full cool down if attempting to use with no valid path. Curiously mirage's jaunt and scourge's sand swell did get this nice treatment and do not go on cool down if attempted to be used with a non valid path. Phase retreat and death's retreat work a bit differently since they don't really go towards a targeted point, they just go in a given direction until they either hit a no valid path spot or reach their max allowed distance. So objectively speaking new port skills, including all revenant port skills, are typically much less reliable/more punishing than the ports that have been around since vanilla with at least 2 exceptions, sand swell and jaunt.This stuff is all easily testable in game if you are curious about any teleport skills I didn't mention that weren't in the above patch notes, it means I just forgot about them.