Game Uninstalled itself.

This has happened twice now. Sometimes last month, I didn't record the dated, and yesterday sometime before midnight central time. Game is just gone, game folder has a few items in it but when I double click on the exe I get a prompt telling me the app can't run on PC and I need to contact the creator for a PC version. Downloading the whole thing again currently.

> @"Grishnaakh.2143" said:

> It apparently installed to the temp folder. I am never asked where I want to install the game. How do I remedy this?

If you have GW2 installed to your %temp% folder, simply move it elsewhere. Specifically, you want to move Gw2-64.exe and Gw2.dat to somewhere like C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\

If you don't have a Gw2-64.exe, look for a ~34 MB Gw2-64.tmp or Gw2-64.### in the same folder as Gw2.dat and rename it back to Gw2-64.exe. If no such file exists, you can download Gw2Setup-64.exe and simply rename it to Gw2-64.exe.

> @"Healix.5819" said:

> > @"Grishnaakh.2143" said:

> > It apparently installed to the temp folder. I am never asked where I want to install the game. How do I remedy this?

>

> If you have GW2 installed to your %temp% folder, simply move it elsewhere. Specifically, you want to move Gw2-64.exe and Gw2.dat to somewhere like C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\

>

> If you don't have a Gw2-64.exe, look for a ~34 MB Gw2-64.tmp or Gw2-64.### in the same folder as Gw2.dat and rename it back to Gw2-64.exe. If no such file exists, you can download Gw2Setup-64.exe and simply rename it to Gw2-64.exe.

Good deal, thank you.

ok so i have the same thing. when u click to download it will install in the temp folder and ask you where you want to install the game i have a disc C:\ and a disc D:\ i install all my game in the disc D:\ but for some reason it install it on the 2 of them and in my situation when u uninstall 1 u cant uninstall the other i can find it but all the files are scatter in temp and i have other thing in there so i don't know what to do to uninstall the game from there even Nvidia experience show me that the hole game is in there

> @"david.3140" said:

> ok so i have the same thing. when u click to download it will install in the temp folder and ask you where you want to install the game i have a disc C:\ and a disc D:\ i install all my game in the disc D:\ but for some reason it install it on the 2 of them and in my situation when u uninstall 1 u cant uninstall the other i can find it but all the files are scatter in temp and i have other thing in there so i don't know what to do to uninstall the game from there even Nvidia experience show me that the hole game is in there

>

move Gw2-64.exe and Gw2.dat to the folder you want game in and run gw2-64.exe again.