PoF Mastery Points

You can check the achievement section in your hero panel for "Mastery Insights" and look up the entries that start with Crystal Oasis first. The entries hint to the locations. Or you can just explore the zone and take a look at the map, the mastery insights are visible, in grey when you haven't done them already. I never checked the achievement panel for PoF, there are lots of easy mastery insights that just require you to reach the spot and commune. Some require mounts you don't have yet, just skip them (SW island requires skimmer, same for the one in quicksand). Move over to the next zone for more mastery points you can reach with raptor. When you get the bunny, you'll have access to those on pillars or high rocks. When you get the Skimmer, return to Crystal Oasis to get the 2 mastery points I mentioned above.

It's a bit back and forth, but there are plenty of points, much much easier than HoT or Core Tyria was. If you meet a mesmer, you can even get mastery points without the required mount.

You can also just play the story for points.

1 - Try to complete first PoF map Crystal Oasis as much as you can. There are 8 points on the map, 4 of those can be reached with basic Raptor.

2 - Do the story. If you do the whole Path of Fire: Act 1 (Sparking the Flame, Blazing a Trail, Night of Fires and The Sacrifice) you get 3 points. Not sure if you get 1 extra point for just doing the prologue and reaching PoF area too.

3 - Complete achievements. Reins of the Raptor does not require more advanced mounts.

You only need 6 points to upgrade Raptor to tier 3 and get Springer.

> @Faaris.8013 said:

> You can check the achievement section in your hero panel for "Mastery Insights" and look up the entries that start with Crystal Oasis first. The entries hint to the locations. Or you can just explore the zone and take a look at the map, the mastery insights are visible, in grey when you haven't done them already. I never checked the achievement panel for PoF, there are lots of easy mastery insights that just require you to reach the spot and commune. Some require mounts you don't have yet, just skip them (SW island requires skimmer, same for the one in quicksand). Move over to the next zone for more mastery points you can reach with raptor. When you get the bunny, you'll have access to those on pillars or high rocks. When you get the Skimmer, return to Crystal Oasis to get the 2 mastery points I mentioned above.

>

> It's a bit back and forth, but there are plenty of points, much much easier than HoT or Core Tyria was. If you meet a mesmer, you can even get mastery points without the required mount.

>

> You can also just play the story for points.

> @FogLeg.9354 said:

> 1 - Try to complete first PoF map Crystal Oasis as much as you can. There are 8 points on the map, 4 of those can be reached with basic Raptor.

>

> 2 - Do the story. If you do the whole Path of Fire: Act 1 (Sparking the Flame, Blazing a Trail, Night of Fires and The Sacrifice) you get 3 points. Not sure if you get 1 extra point for just doing the prologue and reaching PoF area too.

>

> 3 - Complete achievements. Reins of the Raptor does not require more advanced mounts.

>

> You only need 6 points to upgrade Raptor to tier 3 and get Springer.

Thanks for the help i got the points now to unlock it

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the helpful replies, I was in the same boat.

> @"FogLeg.9354" said:

> 1 - Try to complete first PoF map Crystal Oasis as much as you can. There are 8 points on the map, 4 of those can be reached with basic Raptor.

>

According to Dulfy "GW2 Path of Fire Crystal Oasis Mastery Insights Guide" there are only 6 points on the Crystal Oasis map and you can only get two with basic Raptor, unless you use dismounting tricks? Or were you counting those?

> @"DoctorOverlord.8620" said:

> Thanks for the helpful replies, I was in the same boat.

>

> > @"FogLeg.9354" said:

> > 1 - Try to complete first PoF map Crystal Oasis as much as you can. There are 8 points on the map, 4 of those can be reached with basic Raptor.

> >

> According to Dulfy "GW2 Path of Fire Crystal Oasis Mastery Insights Guide" there are only 6 points on the Crystal Oasis map and you can only get two with basic Raptor, unless you use dismounting tricks? Or were you counting those?

>

>

Maybe you’re only looking at Dulfys *Insight* Guide? There’s other Achievements in CO with Mastery Points.

The ones that don’t require any other mount (only Raptor if at all);

Pahans Memory Game (A Trip Down Memory Lane, has a map icon)

Pot of Soup (Just a Sip, has a map icon)

Amnoon Bazaar Insight

Old Amnoon Insight

Reins of the Raptor

CO Bounty Tour (3 bounties, 1 from each board location)

Then there’s 4 insights you either need to mount/dismount up for, or have a Skimmer, and Springer at tier 3 for, or a Jackal at t3

> @"airbourne.5283" said:

> I now already got a couple more mastery points but now i want to go further with gather vlast's crystals but now when i stand on the spot where i need to be there is no crystal and i checked already several spots.

Isn't finding all the crystals an optional portion of the storyline? If you already moved past it, you can't go back and collect that with the same toon.

> @"Biff.5312" said:

> > @"airbourne.5283" said:

> > I now already got a couple more mastery points but now i want to go further with gather vlast's crystals but now when i stand on the spot where i need to be there is no crystal and i checked already several spots.

>

> Isn't finding all the crystals an optional portion of the storyline? If you already moved past it, you can't go back and collect that with the same toon.

It is and it doesn't give a mastery point except for being part of Crystalline Memories. Maybe it is being confused with "Lost Lore of Desert Highlands" which rewards a Book of Vlast along with a mastery point.

> @"MrMojoRisin.7364" said:

> that chef can make his own damned soup. had enough of that one and gave up.

That mastery challenge would be much easier and make a lot more sense if the did. It's pretty silly that he rounds around when the point is that our character is supposed to be running around fetching ingredients.

> @"MrMojoRisin.7364" said:

> that chef can make his own damned soup. had enough of that one and gave up.

I actually find that mastery fun :smiley: . Took a couple of tries tho. I got fustrated at first, untill I saw the "pattern". I started the event but I took my time to look around the kitchen instead. Pastries are up front, broth at mid, vege at the back, and raw meats way behind etc. Turn on "Highlight all targetable object" under options help. Just gotta know the kitchen well enough, it's similar to those memory game.

Do the story. It gives enough mastery points to level the raptor. Move on to the next map for it.

Also a good advice is to only level initially the first 3 masteries for each mount. That way just the story mastery points and the easy ones on the maps will be more than enough to unlock of thbe solo abilities for all the mount (exclusing the griffon). The last mastery is a group related skill always.

> @"Eramonster.2718" said:

> > @"MrMojoRisin.7364" said:

> > that chef can make his own damned soup. had enough of that one and gave up.

>

> I actually find that mastery fun :smiley: . Took a couple of tries tho. I got fustrated at first, untill I saw the "pattern". I started the event but I took my time to look around the kitchen instead. Pastries are up front, broth at mid, vege at the back, and raw meats way behind etc. Turn on "Highlight all targetable object" under options help. Just gotta know the kitchen well enough, it's similar to those memory game.

In fact the soup minigame for the insight had me in panic for a while, but until I observed what is what, I actually pulled enough of a haul to beat it. I'd say it took me about two dozen tries. Well, actually, a dozen and a baker's dozen (that's 25 to you non-bakery people). The "memory game" at the broken teleporter requires a bit of patience as well.

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

>

> Maybe you’re only looking at Dulfys *Insight* Guide? There’s other Achievements in CO with Mastery Points.

>

Thanks for the list. I see that Map Completion on the first zone seems to be the recommended way past this particular bottleneck (I wasn't registering what @"FogLeg.9354" was saying in his post, but now I see). It looks like Pahan's Memory Game is the easiest third point to get after the two basic Insights (which you'd find doing Map Completion), though it sounds like the dismount boost has been accepted by the community as a legitimate way to get some of the points without the skimmer?

But annoying minigames are really not how I want to spend my time , so that cook can make his own soup :)