New Character Selection Screen? I was excited for a moment...

I really like the new launcher, was also a bit disappointed there was no character screen too.

Imo the PoF launcher and Character select screen was a big of a downgrade from HoT.

The HoT theme is still one of my favourite music tracks from Gw2, always makes me feel like playing some GW2 so I was really sad to see it replaced by PoF's pretty boring one.

I am very much looking forward to a new one.

> @"Zoid.2568" said:

> They only do it on the expansions I think.

Since we are not going to get one for many years to come, I assumed we might be getting one with The Icebrood Saga.

The PoF CSS is awful (bad purple/orange lighting, character feet covered etc). All my characters look either like they've aged badly or like criminals.

> @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> > @"Zoid.2568" said:

> > They only do it on the expansions I think.

>

> The launcher used to also only change with expansions. Now we have an ice-themed launcher and a desert-themed character select screen. It's a bit inconsistent, to say the least.

Yes, it feels very strange to have this inconsistency.

To be fair, the PoF character selection screen probably could've been saved if they'd introduced Kralkatorrik's theme as the music at the start of LS4 instead of leaving it the same ambient theme for like.. three years straight (or however long it has been).

That, and increased the lighting on it so it doesn't look like all your characters are in a morgue..

> The launcher used to also only change with expansions. Now we have an ice-themed launcher and a desert-themed character select screen. It's a bit inconsistent, to say the least.

This.

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> That, and increased the lighting on it so it doesn't look like all your characters are in a morgue..

That's an excellent way of describing what it's like. I hope we will get a new CSS with the next episode. That would be sweet.

> @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> i miss the vanilla launcher

Me too. :/ They could bring it back, it's neutral and timeless.

> > @"Zoid.2568" said:

> > They only do it on the expansions I think.

>

True. Seems like Sagas are the new expansions.

> @"Rauderi.8706" said:

> The character select screen needs a *bit more* than a splat screen in the background.

> Characters still don't fit right in the window.

> There are no tools to select a character from a large list.

> There's really no QoL there at all.

I don't think those things will ever be addressed during the lifetime of this game. So, the least thing people are asking for is a new, light-neutral theme.