Allow us to exchange Lounge Passes for a small fee

Would be nice if we're allowed to exchange existing owned Lounge Pass for a different Lounge Pass for a small fee.

Maybe 400 gems.

Instead of spending another 1K gems for a new Lounge Pass that we might prefer.

I have a friend who owns the Mistlock Sanctuary Lounge Pass who would have preferred the Armistice Bastion Pass as he WvW more often and there are WvW specific activities in the Armistice Bastion Pass.

But he found it too much of a waste to buy a new pass when he already owns one.

Well, I voted *no* initially, but after giving it a bit more thought it actually sounds like a good idea.

A player without a pass would still have to pay 1000 gems for one, and I'm sure most would like to try out other passes as well at some point.

However, the 1000-gem price is a bit too steep for many to spend on an item they basically already own (myself included), so this might actually create more revenue for Anet instead of decreasing it. I know I would try out every single one of them to find my favourite at a 400-gem exchange price point.

I doubt this will be a priority though, as the passes are probably still profitable enough as they are. Their rotation is so slow and the discounts to 700 gems are so rare that they probably bring in enough cash whenever they happen to land back on the gem store.

I think it's a good idea. I'm sure a lot of players have older passes they'd like to exchange for a newer one which is better for them, but not enough to spend another 1000 gems and get stuck with a useless 'duplicate' pass. Since they're all sold in the gem store and all cost the same I don't think exchanging them would be an issue, but the fee would ensure it's something players only do occasionally instead of one pass effectively giving access to all the areas. Or at least it would still cost the player and still make Anet money if someone does want to keep exchanging 1 pass instead of buying all the ones they like.

The only one I'm not sure about is the Lily of the Elon pass, since that's sold differently. It's part of the Path of Fire Deluxe pack, which costs 2,400 gems and also contains an identity repair kit (name change & total makeover kit), character slot and sunspear outfit. The identity kit sells for 1,000 gems on it's own, character slots are 800 and outfits are typically 700 gems, so it looks like the items in the bundle are permanently discounted. Which means Anet might not consider that pass to be equivalent to the other and might keep it out of the exchange. (Although as someone who so far only has the Lily of the Elon pass I'd be ok with that, and the ability to exchange them would still make me more willing to buy another one, because if a better one comes along later I could exchange it instead of having to pay full price for yet another teleport item to fill up my inventory.)

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> I feel the passes work the same way as the infinite tools that they will never let us exchange them. They each have their uses. If anything they should give us a tome to put all the lounge passes in.

Although I have the same problem with infinite tools. I bought the first 3 which were available because at the time I thought they'd be the only ones. Now there are others I'd like to buy, but 1000 gems is too much when the only benefit to me is a new animation. I don't want or need the tools themselves. If there was a cheaper way to get just the animations I'd buy the ones I like, so Anet would actually get more money from me than they currently do.

It's similar with the lounge passes. I never bought one because I didn't want to buy one then find a better one has come out and I regret the one I have. I got the Lily of the Elon pass because it came with PoF and while there's some I think I'd like (Armistice Bastion is the one which appeals to me most) it's now even less likely I'd buy one. But if I could get the one which is best for me now, knowing I could exchange it for a relatively small fee later on, I'd be much more likely to go for it. So again Anet make more money by offering that option.