A question for going out of bounds.

Hello there. So one of my favourite things to do in gw is to look around for places that allow you to go out of bounds and I love exploring the various cool places that you find this way.

I would like to share some places I found and how to get to them, but I don't want them getting patched, so is it ok to post out of bounds tutorials? Will they get fixed if I post them?

Not really out-of-bounds, but there are two areas I know of in WvW that are strange:

1. If you own SW camp in the Alpine Borderlands, you can climb the hill to the back right of the camp as far as you can go, and glide over to the cliff marking the end of the spawn area - even if it isn't yours. If you get too close to the Legendary guards, you get ported to the main exit of the spawn :)

2. In Air keep in the Desert Borderland, if you glide down from the high, eastern shrine, towards the SE shrine, there are cliff ledges you can land on. I tried and got ported to my own spawn - which given the size of the Desert BL, is a heckuva run/ride back to Air.

Oh, and to answer your question - not sure if they would patch them out or not. Probably.

I believe they'd count as an exploit so you could not show the method people may use to reach out of bounds areas.

Providing you do not show how you did it, i believe it is fine to show us what exists out of bounds- at least, many others have.

(of course, nothing stopping you from posting a video and not linking on the forum)

> @"Lexi.1398" said:

> I believe they'd count as an exploit so you could not show the method people may use to reach out of bounds areas.

>

> Providing you do not show how you did it, i believe it is fine to show us what exists out of bounds- at least, many others have.

> (of course, nothing stopping you from posting a video and not linking on the forum)

Last I heard, Anet doesn't mind a little exploration as long as it doesn't harm anyone or is used to gain an unfair advantage.

Ooh, I don't like it when they put up a "no fun allowed" invisible wall to keep us out of harmless little secret areas where we're not actually stuck. People love finding those spots, I don't understand the compulsion to patch that stuff up. Seeing how things look in their rough state increases my appreciation for the effort that goes into creating the maps in the first place. It's a game that encourages exploration after all, and I much prefer when I find a hidden wonderland of strange alien landscape and unfinished assets over the many times I've become completely stuck inside invisible walls or pits too high to jump out of & too narrow to mount up or fell inside the assets on the actual main map in the course of trying to explore. Now that they can patch! I had to WP out of a tree I climbed in a cave in Grothmar, if they wanna patch that they are welcome to it!

No doubt they will patch these if you reveal how you got in though. Probably a risk if you show where it is, even. I've seen a few threads with screenshots of how people got into really neat areas that weren't even off the map, just at a higher vantage point, and lamented that soon after the devs made a patch with invisible fences to keep people out, so there is indeed precedent for them closing the curtains on cool secrets like that. Sometimes they can be really touchy about "unintended gameplay" that isn't really harming anything. My immersion is really not harmed by seeing the edge of the map when there's been plenty of times the floor is the last thing to load in!

It kills me though because I'm intensely curious if you found the same one I found, but I dare not say where!

Instead of patching these up, it would be great if they put an NPC in there that harasses you for being in that area.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> Nah probabely would just put in invisible walls, since I guess your talking about map breakings not out of bounds.

> Out of bounds I assosiate with the red border in story missions.

> @"Zeivu.3615" said:

> > @"Lexi.1398" said:

> > I believe they'd count as an exploit so you could not show the method people may use to reach out of bounds areas.

> >

> > Providing you do not show how you did it, i believe it is fine to show us what exists out of bounds- at least, many others have.

> > (of course, nothing stopping you from posting a video and not linking on the forum)

>

> Last I heard, Anet doesn't mind a little exploration as long as it doesn't harm anyone or is used to gain an unfair advantage.

> @"Amy of Darkness.5248" said:

> Ooh, I don't like it when they put up a "no fun allowed" invisible wall to keep us out of harmless little secret areas where we're not actually stuck. People love finding those spots, I don't understand the compulsion to patch that stuff up. Seeing how things look in their rough state increases my appreciation for the effort that goes into creating the maps in the first place. It's a game that encourages exploration after all, and I much prefer when I find a hidden wonderland of strange alien landscape and unfinished assets over the many times I've become completely stuck inside invisible walls or pits too high to jump out of & too narrow to mount up or fell inside the assets on the actual main map in the course of trying to explore. Now that they can patch! I had to WP out of a tree I climbed in a cave in Grothmar, if they wanna patch that they are welcome to it!

>

> No doubt they will patch these if you reveal how you got in though. Probably a risk if you show where it is, even. I've seen a few threads with screenshots of how people got into really neat areas that weren't even off the map, just at a higher vantage point, and lamented that soon after the devs made a patch with invisible fences to keep people out, so there is indeed precedent for them closing the curtains on cool secrets like that. Sometimes they can be really touchy about "unintended gameplay" that isn't really harming anything. My immersion is really not harmed by seeing the edge of the map when there's been plenty of times the floor is the last thing to load in!

>

> It kills me though because I'm intensely curious if you found the same one I found, but I dare not say where!

>

> Instead of patching these up, it would be great if they put an NPC in there that harasses you for being in that area.

Thanks for the help friends, I guess I'll just post some nice places I found but not how to get to them. Although that may be better, since it can be like a game-break-bounty-hunt, for any other map breakers out there, I give you the place it can happen and you find the place to make it happen :)

Also Amy of Darkness, it's ''somewhere'' in the Harathi Hinterlands :3